What's up with Albania's federation????

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

shqiptare171000

I have been asking myself for a while now, how comes Croatia and Bosnia, both countries whom have the same economy, population, infrastructure, league, etc have world class player(s) but we don't? It may be because of Yugoslavia generating amazing players, but I doubt it. I bet you didn't know that our U21s in 1984 made it to QFs in Euros. So why don't we have A WC player? We struggle to produce amazing attackers. I don't know one prolific goalscoring striker from Albania. From Bosnia and Croatia I can name you many, I will just name 2 though, Dzeko and Mandzukic. The fact that we don't score many comes down to the fact that we do not have a prolific striker. We have many many many bright future prospect players up and coming (mainly in Italy) which is amazing to see considering we were once stuck with Albanian farmers like Dalku and Bulku and our future seemed dim and looked like the only "prospects" we were going to produce were 40 year old farmers playing in the 3 division of the Switz league lol. But I fear that these talented players may not hit that WC level or even GREAT level, being just decent. We do have some good players and more importantly a good team (that struggle to score but we create a lot of impressive chances that we would have not 10 years ago, we would have just score freekicks or corners lol). Players like Xhaka, Avdijaj, Ajeti, Hysaj, Strakosha, even Alban Hoxha, Aliji, Djimsiti, Abrashi, Kace are all promising / good players but aside from maybe Hysaj, none of them might hit that WC / great status I fear :(

P.s. praise the great BULKU
Dallku

Our problem is that we can't create chances not that we can't finish. We are actually incredibly efficient considering the very low amount of chances we create per game. So the problem is mainly attacking midfielder/winger more so than striker.

I think in general Albanians just lack technical ability. Yes you can find some like Januzaj who contradict this but those are one in a million.
Princ

IMO it all starts from the midfield . U can't expect to create chances when the midfield is Xhaka abrashi kukeli. That puts it all on the wingers who have to beat their fullbacks and create themselves . We don't have wingers who can do that outside of roshi who Can beat anyone with his speed but lacks the technique to be creative . Add how all of our strikers except cika can't hold up the play and u have 0 chances in a game . Our only hope is set peices and lucky crosses
shqiptare171000

Dallku wrote:Our problem is that we can't create chances not that we can't finish. We are actually incredibly efficient considering the very low amount of chances we create per game. So the problem is mainly attacking midfielder/winger more so than striker.

I think in general Albanians just lack technical ability. Yes you can find some like Januzaj who contradict this but those are one in a million.

Kind of disagree. Look at matches ljke Switzerland and even France, we created many great chances to score and we didn't. We should have got a pen against Switzerland too. Gashi SHOULD have scored that no doubt. We should have drawn at least with France man. Why do we ALWAYS concede 90 minutes? Serbia 2-0 (disgusting match), portugal 1-0 and france 2-0. We do play good footie compared to what we used to play but we lack consistency. It's not being Albanian that lacks technicality, Mustafi, Xhaka, Behrami, Dzemaili, Tarashaj, Shaqiri, Kone, Mehmedi, Ninis are all Albanians who did not choose Albania, look how good they are / once were. It's our federation dude. Also De Biasi is making stupid mistakes like not playing Kace and leaving Xhaka out. I nearly cried when Rashica left (he was an amazingg talent) and Meha even (less attack posibilities). We do have good young talent though, but as I said, they may not reach WC or GREAT status or they may betray Albania.
PRAISE TO THE GREAT LEGENDARY DULKU
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Croatia is better than us will ever be while Bosnia happens to have a better Diaspora players pool. Players produced domestically in Bosnia are at the same level of those produced by albanian superleague.
shqiptare171000

Simboli i Diellit wrote:Croatia is better than us will ever be while Bosnia happens to have a better Diaspora players pool. Players produced domestically in Bosnia are at the same level of those produced by albanian superleague.
I agree the Croatia are better atm (better individual players, but not in all positions e.g. hysaj shits on srna and mavraj is better than Corluka imo) but to say they will ALWAYS be better is idiotic. The thing is, they have a fantastic federation unlike us, who rejected Granit and Shaqiri ffs. Croatia are pratically just the same as Albania. No difference in economy really, their league isn't that much better just a tad better, same infrastructure, population, etc. Idk man
KF.KORAB

Difference it's that Croatia can convince a player born in Switzerland (Rakitic) or to play for Croatia or Bosnia (Pjanic).

And we can't convince players born in our ethnic lands Shaqiri, Behrami, Xhemaili, Mehmedi to play for us.
shqiptare171000

KF.KORAB wrote:Difference it's that Croatia can convince a player born in Switzerland (Rakitic) or to play for Croatia or Bosnia (Pjanic).

And we can't convince players born in our ethnic lands Shaqiri, Behrami, Xhemaili, Mehmedi to play for us.
Thats my point man :(
Sad how corrupt the fed is. We would have an AMAZING team if we didnt reject and convinced them to play for us.

ALL PRAISE TO THE ONE AND ONLY LEGENDARY ERVIS BULKU FOR HIS CONTRIBUTION TO EURO 2016 QUALIFICATION :hi-bulku: :hi-bulku:
Migjeni

Lol, Pjanic was born in Luxembourg. They were lucky with that one.

It's all about infrastructure. Yugoslavia was a shit country for Albanians, but for the Bosniaks and Croatians it was good. They had a good life and they invested in sports and created an entire system and culture which still functions to a greater or lesser extent depending on which of the former Yugoslav republics we talk about. That's not the case with Albania where people never had enough food to ever feel fully satiated - let alone investing in football.
Kafshatë që s'kapërdihet asht, or vlla, mjerimi..
Dallku

Yugoslavs are technical as hell. It's a culture/tradition thing that starts at grassroot levels.

It's hard to find Albanian players who are comfortable on the ball. Granit Xhaka and Januzaj are pretty much the only ones. Mehmedi and Shaqiri are solid too.
  • Information