Albania's not producing decent footballers anymore?!

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

vata10
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Albania's football infrastructure is better than it has ever been. The level of the Superliga is higher than ever in the last 25 years.

We manage to qualify for our first international tournament ever with the NT, but...

Why isn't local football producing even semi-decent players like Roshi, Balaj, Bakaj and Hyka anymore?

Why are village clubs like Kukesi and Laci challenging for trophies and getting richer by throwing games in euro cups, while traditional clubs like Vllaznia and Flamurtari are struggling to manage economically?
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

The infrastructure is good only for superliga . Other divisions and youth fields are worse than ever.

DRSiAyv0EOE

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DRSiAyv0EOE
Dallku

The infrastructure is slowly improving. For example Partizani is building its own training/stadium complex so their youth/senior teams should be set. FSHF also has built a few training pitches here and there but obviously more needs to be done. Youth coaching/bad selections/corruption are other major issues. Just a very flawed system in general but I believe it's slowly improving but we won't see results of its improvement for at least a while.
Plako
Team: Partizani

vata10 wrote:Albania's football infrastructure is better than it has ever been. The level of the Superliga is higher than ever in the last 25 years
That's not necessarily true. Two of the best and biggest club grounds and academies in Albania, Dinamo and Partizani, were destroyed by the government. Dinamo (15 times champion) will never recover and Partizani is slowly coming out of the abyss under a new ownership but it will take time.

Not sure how Vllaznia and Flamurtari are faring now but they will not replicate the production of talent they achieved in the 1980's. Massive emigration does not help either as these large cities have lost he majority of their population.

Shkodra historically has been the most football mad city in Albania and they have done very poorly in the last 25 years so football has lost its luster/appeal. Now you have the emergence of cities like Korca and Kukesi that do not have much of a football history and they are relying on mercenaries not their academies for players as their owners' intention is to make money not develop footballers. I don't think Kukesi ever payed in the first division until 2010. Skenderbeu is similar in that they were playing second division until 2009 but they did play several seasons in the first division prior to 2009.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Scandinavia has better infrastructure than ex-Yugo states, why don't they produce better players?

Infrastructure is like 25% of the problem max. The rest is 1) football culture and 2) youth coaching. The only useful thing DB has done so far, is given workshops from Italy to our youth coaches. Although lately the coaching has turned to shit in Italy too.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Simboli i Diellit

You have to add the fact that talented poor kids can't afford getting into these academies, that's a big miss . Training and playing grounds for youth teams are like potato fields. Nepotism in youth clubs is at the highest levels.
Leandro
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

më parë donim me lujt futboll, tani nuk duam më me lujt futboll; duam me lujt skedina
rrëfeni mëkatet tuaja: www.faltore.al
Simboli i Diellit

Leandro wrote:më parë donim me lujt futboll, tani nuk duam më me lujt futboll; duam me lujt skedina
0.4 % te fitimeve ne skedina do investohen ne infrastruktura sportive me ligjin e ri. Duka eshte kunder ligjit per sportet dhe sot ne komision parlamentar kritikovi shume aspekte . Edhe 2% te fitimeve te skedinave duhej investu ne infrastrukture sportive.
Plako
Team: Partizani

Leandro wrote:më parë donim me lujt futboll, tani nuk duam më me lujt futboll; duam me lujt skedina

That's a big factor too I'd say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Simboli i Diellit wrote:You have to add the fact that talented poor kids can't afford getting into these academies, that's a big miss . Training and playing grounds for youth teams are like potato fields. Nepotism in youth clubs is at the highest levels.
Unfortunately grassroots football in Albania has become expensive as f***. I have cousins involved in grassroots who have to pay >100 dollars a month/person just to cover all the costs. That's some poor people's entire monthly wage.
Simboli i Diellit wrote: 0.4 % te fitimeve ne skedina do investohen ne infrastruktura sportive me ligjin e ri. Duka eshte kunder ligjit per sportet dhe sot ne komision parlamentar kritikovi shume aspekte . Edhe 2% te fitimeve te skedinave duhej investu ne infrastrukture sportive.
Is this for real? That'd be hilarious, but useful.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
  • Information