Albania's not producing decent footballers anymore?!

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Plako
Team: Partizani

Rezart Taçi paid 3 million dollars to bring Real Madrid to play Gramozi Erseke. With that kind of money Gramozi could have won the Superliga but instead they got relegated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
artan

Aurora Bulkualis wrote:Salihi makes 150k euros/year in Superliga. That's so fucking insane, I don't even know where to start.

When the AVERAGE wage is like 300/400 bucks (so 50% of the country if not more makes less than this) a month, why aren't the academies flooded with people
And Salihi is the highest paid player in the Superliga.. I'm sure the average salary of Superliga player is much or less similar to that of normal wages in Albania.

Lets be real. Albanian teams don't care about youth development as they only care about short term results. They'd rather sign some shitty Brazilian to their first team instead of taking time to naturing young players.
KF.KORAB
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

artan wrote:
Aurora Bulkualis wrote:Salihi makes 150k euros/year in Superliga. That's so fucking insane, I don't even know where to start.

When the AVERAGE wage is like 300/400 bucks (so 50% of the country if not more makes less than this) a month, why aren't the academies flooded with people
And Salihi is the highest paid player in the Superliga.. I'm sure the average salary of Superliga player is much or less similar to that of normal wages in Albania.

Lets be real. Albanian teams don't care about youth development as they only care about short term results. They'd rather sign some shitty Brazilian to their first team instead of taking time to naturing young players.
That's what happening with KF Tirona, with bunch of African players. Or with serbian/croatians veterans players that finish their career in some Flamurtari or Vllaznia. We should stop that. Or at least take some african youngsters in Albanian academies and gave them the Albanian nationality when we realize they are good such as Peter Olayinka wich i regret that the state refused to naturalize him. That's the only way to reach something good, because the real Albanians prefer to play for some Switzerland or Germany etc.. So let's have a multi-ethnic team, thats what the Europe is about now...Multi-ethnicity.
vata10
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Lol, clubs didn't even know of this funds existence.
Plako
Team: Partizani

vata10 wrote:
Lol, clubs didn't even know of this funds existence.
Bet you Duka did and they can probably trace them to one of his Swiss accounts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Rudi Vata: Trashi? Më pëlqen shumë ai djalë. Nuk mund të them se mund të jetë në formacionin e Kombëtares, por 2-3 herë që e kam parë them: pse mos të jetë i grumbulluar? Lenjani nuk është kushedi se sa më i mirë se Trashi. Qoftë edhe Taku i Tiranës. Krymi që luan te Vllaznia ka gjithashtu të dhëna të mira. Ndoshta është strategji e federatës, por grumbullimi i disa djemve të rinj nuk u bën keq. Aty mund të mësojnë diçka. Kombëtarja të jep nxitje për hapa më të mëdhenj”.
Dallku

Vata is just pulling stuff out of his ass at this point.
Simboli i Diellit

Dallku wrote:Vata is just pulling stuff out of his ass at this point.
We all know that many games get fixed in superliga. The football federation is corrupted up to it's backbone (aka Duka) .

Have a look at these matches and tell me if they're not fixed :

http://us.soccerway.com/matches/2016/05 ... D=PL_MS_10

http://us.soccerway.com/matches/2016/05 ... D=PL_MS_08

http://us.soccerway.com/matches/2016/05 ... D=PL_MS_03

http://us.soccerway.com/matches/2014/05 ... D=PL_MS_07

Most of those are just to get their strikers win the goalscorer award from the FA . Even UEFA has a list of matches that are fixed , some players even spoke about matchfixing and ruined their careers . Club owners speaking about corrupted refree's . We need a revolution and strict rules on our domestic football. People speaking out these phenomenons can't get criticized just like that. Our league's shouldn't get listed in any betting companies to start with. The public must get sensibilized about this . Noone wants to pay a ticket to watch theatre if the match result is already settled. This way teams will loose fans, credibility and our football will only do backward steps .
Dallku

Lets be honest, probably most leagues are fixed. If they weren't betting companies would be broke. lol UEFA has their own politics and can decide things with refs and stuff. We're just living in their world. It's the same thing in the NBA, NFL, etc.. Too much money involved.
Simboli i Diellit

^ In every institution when money is involved there will be individuals that will follow their personal interests by accepting bribes . But at some point as you saw even with UEFA/FIFA officials they get what they deserve. In Albania even with blatant facts they keep closing both eyes . In Italy they relegated Juventus and other teams in the calciopoli issue (they just influenced the refree choices and it was enough to sink Serie A teams ) . I'm just saying someone should take action so fans will start getting back .

Quote from some years ago: "

"Football is like everything else in Albania," said Sulejman Mema, spreading his hands in an expression of sad acceptance. Mema, secretary of SK Tirana and a former national player, was speaking from his offices in the Selman Stermasi, just a couple of hundred yards away from where Cobo was murdered and explaining frankly that bribery and match-fixing were acknowledged practice in club football.

"SK Tirana are the Manchester United of Albania," he said, "apart from the fact that Manchester United can win away from home too. The whole game changes when we play away. The referees are paid so poorly by the federation that they'll take bribes.

"Every method has been used against us here. Sometimes, if Tirana are playing a bad team, the president of one of our rivals will offer the opposition win-bonuses or just pay them to be more aggressive against us. In one game last season, the referee was threatened and was so scared he pretended to be sick. We then had the fourth official refereeing and had two penalties given against us and lost 2-1. Everyone can see what is going on."

One of the SK Tirana players endorsed this story. Speaking on condition of anonymity, his mother fretting around him and cursing the sport that he has made his profession, he explained that "it has got worse than ever this year. There are three teams who could rival us and they give money to their opponents to lose games. We have a president who is religious and who doesn't like to do it this way, but it makes it very difficult for us. It's amazing that others should buy their results. It's not verified but everyone knows it happens."

Mema added: "Corruption is a commonplace phenomenon in all Albanian life, in the public sectors too. So why should football be any different?"

The sad truth about football in Albania is that no one can answer that. The country was once so isolated that the beautiful game was its only connection with the outside world. But when the Communist regime was toppled in 1990, no one gave them a handbook on how to revive their sporting economy.

The state used to run the football clubs but, in the free world, funding sport was no longer high on the government's agenda. They had the poorest country in Europe to rescue and, if they weren't on the border of war, then they had war on the border. "
  • Information