Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:42 am

Plako wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:04 pm So how do you compare Roshi who plays for NT and Rashica who was never given the chance to play for the senior NT other than a meaningless friendly?
From his Kosova performances. At clubs you have time to practice, fit in, develop long term chemistry, etc... NT football measures your ability to shine when just dropped in the middle of a team with a completely random group of players, with varying level of quality, and little chemistry.

I can point to a million different cases where NT performances and club differ massively. At NT you are much less dependent on teammates to perform.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
artan

Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:09 am

Rating his NT performances for Kosova is laughable. First of all, Kosova is a squad that was admitted less than 2 years ago. It's squad that's extremely imbalanced as they have way too many wingers/attackers and not enough quality defenders or midfielders. Then there's Bunjaku who is an amateur manager that was playing wingers in the midfield and goes with different lineups each game. Kosova wasn't going to do well.. Did you really expect Rashica to be Messi?

And basing players performance based on NT performances isn't a good indicator. I think Hysaj has played really well for the NT but some others think he makes alot of mistakes for the NT and doesn't leave much an influence. Is Hysaj now all of a sudden average?

I rate Rashica based on the facts he's been producing well for a pretty good team in Holland for some time now, has Europa League experience (played great against Lazio) and is clearly talented. When you watch him play you can tell he has more potential than a guy like Grezda because he dribbles so well, is extremely quick and looks dangerous. Whether he reaches his full potential is another thing.
Dallku

Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:31 pm

I thought you guys were saying how much better Kosovo plays than Albania and how much chemistry they have. lol

I think international football is where players show their true quality because it's 11 guys trying to figure it out. No NT has much chemistry if we're honest. That's why individual quality plays a bigger role here. Players get exposed in international football.

In clubs a player's quality can be deceiving because of systems, obviously more chemistry with his teammates, etc.. A true talented player can play in any team and any system without a problem IMO. It's all about how good you are with the ball on the feet and your decision making.
Aurora Bulkualis

Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:49 am

artan wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:09 am And basing players performance based on NT performances isn't a good indicator.
Yeah, but who cares about their club performances? It's not about who is the "better" player. It's about how they produce for the NT. This isn't FIFA Ultimate Team nor are we collecting baseball cards.

Rashica can be amazing for his club, but if he can't even clutch a couple of goals/assists for NT, then there's no point in losing any sleep.
Plako
Team: Partizani

Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:17 pm

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:42 am From his Kosova performances. At clubs you have time to practice, fit in, develop long term chemistry, etc... NT football measures your ability to shine when just dropped in the middle of a team with a completely random group of players, with varying level of quality, and little chemistry.

I can point to a million different cases where NT performances and club differ massively. At NT you are much less dependent on teammates to perform.

You are still not comparing like to like. So what if Roshi started in the Kosova lineup you think it would have made a difference to their campaign at all?
Aurora Bulkualis

Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:09 am

Plako wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:17 pm You are still not comparing like to like. So what if Roshi started in the Kosova lineup you think it would have made a difference to their campaign at all?
Again, I don't know and it doesn't matter. The point is not who is the better player. It's who can produce the most for us.
Plako

Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:33 pm

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:09 amAgain, I don't know and it doesn't matter. The point is not who is the better player. It's who can produce the most for us.

And my points Rashica was never allowed to show what he was capable to produce for us so to write him off as if he's a nobody now it's disingenuous at best.

We're also forgetting something here. Roshi/Rashica it's not an either or proposition. we could have use both and our right wing would have been our best position. We started Lila against France in that position instead who ended up producing one of the worst performances I've ever seen by one of our starting players, along with Lenjani.
Dallku

Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:28 pm

Btw wtf did Levante sign Sadiku for? To be their 4th choice striker? He can't even make their bench. Pazzini is obviously a much better player but you would think he could make the bench.
Plako

Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:56 pm

Dallku wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:28 pm Btw wtf did Levante sign Sadiku for? To be their 4th choice striker? He can't even make their bench. Pazzini is obviously a much better player but you would think he could make the bench.
That's very puzzling to me as well. Obviously happy for him to move to a better league and all but I highly doubt he's getting any play time there. Maybe they'll loan him out to the second division.
Dallku

Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:36 pm

the superstar Rashica has been buried on the Werder Bremen bench as expected. I bet they regret signing him
  • Information