Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Dallku wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:46 pm
RedFootballs wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:21 pm If the image isn't coming up, basically a article got put on goal.com a few days ago about teenage stars in the Serie A.
It says Kumbulla aims to represent Italy.
I doubt that Italy bothers with stealing players. That's didn't even try with Manaj and Hysaj and they were bigger prospects on paper than this Kumbulla. Plus both FAs are in good terms.
He wants to play for Italy without them even approaching him. He probably won't commit to us for a good few years if at all unless we approach him properly
artan

Kumbulla was already called up to our Senior NT, although he didn't feature. It's not like he was being ignored. Italy seems to have several young promising CB's so I guess it's a question if he thinks he's better than them. If Reja was wise he'd just start this kid next game against France along with Gym and Ismajli. That's actually a nice CB pairing for the future.

BTW, I saw that Mario Vrushaj played for the Greece U-21 this past June. I guess we lost him. These greek-albanian players are the biggest sell outs.
Plako
Team: Partizani

Dallku wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:46 pmI doubt that Italy bothers with stealing players. That's didn't even try with Manaj and Hysaj and they were bigger prospects on paper than this Kumbulla. Plus both FAs are in good terms.
Kumbulla was born in Italy. If anyone is stealing here it's us :)

But to the larger point I don't think Italy is going for anyone who's eligible to play for anther country unless they're amazing talents. Can't compare to Hysaj though as he moved to Italy when he was 14. Had he been born in Italy I could see them calling him up a few years ago.
Plako

artan wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:26 pmBTW, I saw that Mario Vrushaj played for the Greece U-21 this past June. I guess we lost him. These greek-albanian players are the biggest sell outs.
He has one appearance for them. I wouldn't even bother with him.
artan

Plako wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:40 pm
Dallku wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:46 pmI doubt that Italy bothers with stealing players. That's didn't even try with Manaj and Hysaj and they were bigger prospects on paper than this Kumbulla. Plus both FAs are in good terms.

But to the larger point I don't think Italy is going for anyone who's eligible to play for anther country unless they're amazing talents. Can't compare to Hysaj though as he moved to Italy when he was 14. Had he been born in Italy I could see them calling him up a few years ago.
We snatched Hysaj really quick when he wasn't a highly touted player in Serie B. If we would have waited a few years to cap him when he was playing for Napoli he probably would have played for Italy and maybe even be a starter for them from 2015 to 2018. That's the morale of the story to cap these players when they are young.
Plako

artan wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:44 pmWe snatched Hysaj really quick when he wasn't a highly touted player in Serie B. If we would have waited a few years to cap him when he was playing for Napoli he probably would have played for Italy and maybe even be a starter for them from 2015 to 2018. That's the morale of the story to cap these players when they are young.
Hysaj moved to Italy in Italy in 2009 when he was 14. He wouldn't be eligible for Italian citizenship until this year. We didn't snatch him at all, he had no other options :)
Princ

Our backline is stacked for the next 10 yrs, sadly we can’t say the same about our attack and midfield. But when a team is not a threat at all to counter attack or hold possession in midfield it doesn’t matter if beckenbauer is the cb soon the fatal goal will slip through, if not 2 or 3 of them
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Princ wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:17 pm Our backline is stacked for the next 10 yrs, sadly we can’t say the same about our attack and midfield. But when a team is not a threat at all to counter attack or hold possession in midfield it doesn’t matter if beckenbauer is the cb soon the fatal goal will slip through, if not 2 or 3 of them
That.
You can have the best defense ever but if the pressure is only one-way sooner or later you'll concede.
Dallku

Plako wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:40 pm

True but he'd still have to switch federations because he's registered with Albania right now. Has Italy ever snatched a player who was with another FA?? That's what I doubt.
Migjeni

All this talk about snatching players reminds me of Elvis Kabashi. I can see he plays in a Seria C-team now. That's what you get for thinking you're the shit and changing from Albania to Italy and writing an open letter about how Italian you are, just because you think you have an actual shot to play for Italy. Lol.
Kafshatë që s'kapërdihet asht, or vlla, mjerimi..
  • Information