Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

artan

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:19 am Let's be honest, only our defence can compete at the highest level for a 1 or 2 seed. As long as our mid/forwards are mid tier, we won't be on the level of a Wales or Serbia. (which should be our ultimate goal)

It's nice to get some people like Broja, Bare, etc... but they're nowhere elite level players yet.
Who is saying there gonna be elite? For our standards this is the best crop of players coming up in a long time and I don't remember a time where we had this much talent coming up. This is more talented than the 2014 - 2016 crop but those guys had more grind and attitude which propelled them further. I see alot of decent players in the same age group coming up that are very talented for our standards. The quality is rising and with a few more call ups or a random player breaking out this team can be something.

And I don't think Bare will ever be elite obviously. I think he can be atleast be a player who plays for a bottom - mid club team in a top league for a long time though which will probably make him one of our better midfielders ever produced. But I won't say the same about Broja because he's constantly improving and becoming more consistent. He'll be a premier league striker in a few years. The Muci hype is stretched but for me he's always passed the eye test and I think he's got this quality that is rare from players in Albania but that's not to say he can be the next Guri and flop.
artan

Ballisti wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:43 pm There are some Players with a lot of Potential but anything can happen. I mean look at Manaj or Veseli, where they have been with 17-19 yo.

I am also very hyped with Muci. But atm he achieved NOTHING remarkable for a professional Footballer. It's still a very long Journey for him.

For me there are some Players that have a fix spot in our NT.
------------- Strakosha
Hysaj --- Djimsiti -- Kumbulla --- ???
------ Bare --- Bajrami --- ???
??? ---------- Broja -------- Uzuni

There is no word needed for Strakosha, Hysaj, Djimsiti and Kumbulla.
Bare ist doing an amazing progress. He is not only the Pitbull on the pitch for Espanyol. He developed Playmaking Qualities, which is very important if you play for Espanyol Barcelona because their Football is offensive oriented. If he continues like that, he will be a Spanish First League Player next Season. If he improves his Technic, movement, football intelligence and his Building Game he could be an important Player for Albania for the next 10 Years.
Bajrami has Qualities that only Few of our NT have. Those are Memushaj and Kallaku. But Bajrami is much physically stronger, can defend well and has more pace. Very likely he will play Seria A next Season. We dont have another Player who is in Form and has his Skills. That's why he's a Starter in my Team. But the question ist, will he really play for Albania.
Uzuni, amazing progress. Very hard working Guy. Uzuni is absolut crazy about Cristiano Ronaldo and started to addapt his Workrate. This Goal against Juve gave him an absolute Boost and he is ripping the Hungarian League. I think he could move next Sommer to Spain or Bundesliga.
Broja is just an amazing Talent. I think Football has atm a Lack of cold blood Strikers and thats why a Player like Broja could be very popular for every Team. He's also very fast and technically not so bad. I like how he moves with the Ball. We just have to hope that nothing will stop his progress like injuries, mental Problems or Lifestyle. Corona is a blessing for many Albanians because they cant use their Money for Parties or things like that.
I like Uzuni too even if posters around here aren't as high or if the media seems to forget about him. He may lack IQ and awareness but he makes up for it with a good workrate and he's not given enough credit for attacking skills. He's just not a wingback like Reja tries to make him be.

I also think the 3 man CB is here to stay whether we like it or not. We simply have too many CBs in the pipeline for us not too use it going forward even if a 4-3-3 might be better.
Skenderbeu9

Our aim should be qualifing for the Euro's each time
We have the players to become a standard pot 3 team
Every year one or two new players with better potential than our current ones pop up
At 2019 it was Kumbulla last year Broja this year it is Muci + Bajrami
At 2022 someone else will
Our diaspora still comes to the rescue
Broja becoming the first England born to play for us is a huge victory
To cap tie Cepele too
We all know a dozen youngsters who have the potential to become important players for Albania and FSHF is no more useless like it use to be
After all we'll never be France Germany or Spain Italy level but one golden generation like Croatia's or even a miracle like Greece's its not impossible
Ballisti
Has thanked: 0

We also need to call up Anis Mehmeti asap! He molested Norwich today, his ex Team. Very promising Performance from Anis! He is now a Starter in the second english League for many games.
CanaYouDoIt

I would calm down with the call up for now. Maybe for the U21s but we don't have any pressure to call him up just yet.
Plako
Team: Partizani

artan wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:20 am 23 - 26 Age Group]
Strakosha (25), Ismajli (24), Uzuini (25), Bare (23)
You forgot King Manaj in this age bracket who just turned 24.
Plako
Team: Partizani

Ballisti wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:32 pm We also need to call up Anis Mehmeti asap! He molested Norwich today, his ex Team. Very promising Performance from Anis! He is now a Starter in the second english League for many games.
He's team is about to get relegated to League 1 though. Need to see more of him before he gets a call up to the senior team.
Dallku

It's funny how Taulant Seferi got called up (and started) just for the sake of being diaspora but now that he plays in the Albanian league he has been exposed as a fraud.

This is why we need to be careful with these diaspora players. Just because they play abroad doesn't mean they are good.
Ballisti
Has thanked: 0

Plako wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:41 pm
Ballisti wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:32 pm We also need to call up Anis Mehmeti asap! He molested Norwich today, his ex Team. Very promising Performance from Anis! He is now a Starter in the second english League for many games.
He's team is about to get relegated to League 1 though. Need to see more of him before he gets a call up to the senior team.
Yes, but he signed only a one year contract so it is very possible that he leaves this Summer if Wycobe gets relegated. In my opinion we should call up any offensive Player that we can get, especially if we look at the Form of our NT Players like Ndoj, Kallaku, Selahi, Memushaj or Seferi. Our Midfield is also filled with Players like Laci, Ramadani and Co. So there is no reason why we shouldnt try Mehmeti. If he's not ready then he will get to play at the U21.

We are playing in March against San Marino, Andorra and England. All three games can be used to bring some Talents in to fix them for Albania. Like Mitaj, Mehmeti( i know he has no chance for England Senior, but if the england U20 coach calls him, we can forget him for sure) and co.

I would bring this new faces for March to try them out or fix them:
Sahiti, Mehmeti, Mitaj and even Eduard Rroca because we lack Offensive quality. If we could get Civeja, then him too. Against San Marino you could give then some Minutes to Sahiti, Mitaj or Cepele and then we are sure to have them. Then they can get back to the U21, which could have a very impressive Squad for this cycle.
artan

Ballisti wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:29 pm
Plako wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:41 pm
Yes, but he signed only a one year contract so it is very possible that he leaves this Summer if Wycobe gets relegated. In my opinion we should call up any offensive Player that we can get, especially if we look at the Form of our NT Players like Ndoj, Kallaku, Selahi, Memushaj or Seferi. Our Midfield is also filled with Players like Laci, Ramadani and Co. So there is no reason why we shouldnt try Mehmeti. If he's not ready then he will get to play at the U21.

We are playing in March against San Marino, Andorra and England. All three games can be used to bring some Talents in to fix them for Albania. Like Mitaj, Mehmeti( i know he has no chance for England Senior, but if the england U20 coach calls him, we can forget him for sure) and co.

I would bring this new faces for March to try them out or fix them:
Sahiti, Mehmeti, Mitaj and even Eduard Rroca because we lack Offensive quality. If we could get Civeja, then him too. Against San Marino you could give then some Minutes to Sahiti, Mitaj or Cepele and then we are sure to have them. Then they can get back to the U21, which could have a very impressive Squad for this cycle.
Mehmeti seems decent from the highlights I've seen of him. Seems like a box-box midfield and seems like he has an eye for goal. He should be with the U21 though as he'll get playing time with them. I also agree that I don't think Kallaku, Selahi, etc, are better than him while Mehmeti is a bit younger (20). After Bare and Bajrami there's a big log jam of midfielders who don't thread the needle (Kallaku, Cokaj, Laci, Ramadani, etc)

I agree to have a new crop of call ups for March. Bajrami, Sahiti, Mitaj, Civeja, Rroca, Balliu and Muci should all be called up. We should probably cap tie Mitaj asap as Greece is getting interested in him. I still don't understand why Balliu doesn't get called up anymore.

Edit: Ballisti we need your scouting expertise in this thread.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=294&p=27796#p27796
  • Information