Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

CanaYouDoIt

Yeah and he was playing for a mid table team in that league . Let’s hope he gets some starts for Rangers and see how he does . From what I’ve seen he’s not bad like Balaj or Cika and can actually strike a ball properly
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

ZenMaster wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:16 am
Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:31 am 3 goals in 23 matches in Scottish league where 90% of teams are Superliga level...

I'm willing to give everyone a chance, but don't get your hopes up.
Let me remind you that Vedat Muriqi scored only 4 goals in Albanian Superleague.
Kamberi is almost 25.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
CanaYouDoIt

Goal and assist off the bench . And they were both very high quality .
artan

I wouldn't be surprised if Kamberi is the starting guy for Rangers next season. Their starter (the Colombian) is a head case and they may want to part ways with him, even if he's talented.

There's this talented 20 year old defensive midfielder who starts for FC St. Gallen (first place in Switzerland). He seems to be a pure defensive midfielder. He's from presheva so we may have a chance for him.

https://www.transfermarkt.us/betim-fazl ... ler/410636
CanaYouDoIt

artan wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:34 pm I wouldn't be surprised if Kamberi is the starting guy for Rangers next season. Their starter (the Colombian) is a head case and they may want to part ways with him, even if he's talented.

There's this talented 20 year old defensive midfielder who starts for FC St. Gallen (first place in Switzerland). He seems to be a pure defensive midfielder. He's from presheva so we may have a chance for him.

https://www.transfermarkt.us/betim-fazl ... ler/410636
Since he’s already playing for the Swiss I doubt it .

There’s quite a few Albanians in their youth squads . Oh how much I’d give to have them play for us instead of losing another generation to the Swiss
Princ

Those who can, will play for the Swiss. Those who can’t, will wait till age 24-27 to pick between kosovo or albania
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Kamberi's technique looked flawless by the highlights. Low level of competition, but technique is independent of the competition.

My doubts are with his ability to score consistently, but apart from Sadiku, no one else has shown that ability either. At the very least, he can become the 2nd CF behind Sadiku.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Princ

His goal scoring record isn’t the best but it’s not always about the goals scored. The playing time has remained constant over the last 2 seasons which is a bright spot and maybe there is more to this guy than meets the eye. I’ll tell you that based on today’s highlights, along with his size and fitness, I’d automatically prefer him to any of our current crop of strikers.
Dallku

I watched the first half of Kamberi vs Braga and honestly he was underwhelming. The ball doesn't stick to him.. not good at hold up play. Other than that he missed a clear sitter and made some bad decisions. I was surprised he wasn't subbed out at the half but they did win the game.
Dallku

Dallku wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:55 pm I watched the first half of Kamberi vs Braga and honestly he was underwhelming. The ball doesn't stick to him.. not good at hold up play. Other than that he missed a clear sitter and made some bad decisions. I was surprised he wasn't subbed out at the half but they did win the game.
Basically now I see why he chose Albania and can't play for Switzerland.... It's sad but reality.

While Abrashi and T.Xhaka were "competent", they chose Albania in an era when they had to compete with players like Granit Xhaka, Behrami, Dzemaili, etc. The level of Switzerland was higher back then and even these decent players were a level below.

Right now Switzerland is not as strong so when a Swiss based player chooses to play for Albania I'm skeptical because his level must be really low. I had semi hope for Kamberi because he looks decent in his youtube videos but he's another shitty Balaj type of player..

Our only hope is for someone like Broja or Vrioni to improve tremendously. Idk who this Bullari guy is but I wouldn't get my hopes up on him .
  • Information