Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

artan

Princ wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:37 pm Let’s pump the brakes on hyping some of these Croatian league boys. We’ve already seen what Uzuni brings, he is a headless chicken with the touch of a rapist.. Grezda is better than Uzuni and we all saw how he fared against more credible opposition. Have not seen much of Cokaj and Tuci but its too early to assume that they can be protagonists on the international stage, filling the spots of Basha, Kukeli, Abrashi, Kace, Xhaka and co.
Grezda is a pyschopath who can't be relied upon. He's barely played over the past two years. The only player on your list that can be counted on is Abrashi who is a solid starter for us. I even think Xhaka's time with the NT is almost done and I've been his biggest supporter here, it doesn't seem like he wants to be a backup but who knows. Uzuini may just play for a big league next year and has pace which is what we need. Our midifeld should be Abrashi, Bare and Gjasula with the alternatives being Selahi, Xhaka, Laci and Cokaj. This team needs to get younger.
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

artan wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:25 am Cana might be the next sporting director (or something like that) for FZ Lausanne-Sport (I think it was this team) who are currently first place in the Swiss Challenge league. I think this is better for him because he's a somewhat influential guy and always had that ambassador type of presence to him. He never struck me as one of those players that can be a good manager and who understood tactics that well. I would think someone like Kukeli would be better.

As for the NT I think we actually do have some talent. The talent pipeline has increased over the past two years. But the problem has always been questionable player selections and lineup insertions. Players like Memushaj, Balaj, Cikaleshi need to gracefully retire or get the axe. Guys like Qose or Ramadani starting matches in absurd when even for us they're B level talents. For example, a guy like Enes Cokaj is much better than both and he's still playing with the U21. Playing with Balaj and Cikaleshi is like playing with 9 men but yet both of them play regardless. We are just crippling ourselves with these absurd choices.

If Reja doesn't make absurd lineup choices I'm somewhat optimistic because I think he's a decent manager tactically but his player selections are awful. Maybe that's part because Bushi, Bulku and the former superliga rejects are trying to get their buddies in the lineup who knows?

I would like to see the following replacements/reinforcements:
Sadiku, Kamberi, Indrit Tuci, Uzini, Cokaj and Asani.

Players that need to go:
Balaj, Cikaleshi, Memushaj, Qose, Ramadani,Memolla
I have impression we somehow of underestimate the importance of man management and overappreciate tactical coaches. As a football fan obsessed with the likes of Bielsa,Zeman,Sarri,Arteta i always tend to prejudge coaches who are not laser focused on their tactics. I agree with you that Cana doesn't give us impression as tactical genius but i don't believe we will see soon albanian player with better work ethic than him. Kukeli might be good choice for assistant coach role but if the likes of Cana won't be on room with him i don't think many of our players will pay attention what he has to say.
In my book Pannuci failure had nothing to with "tactical knowledge" but he clearly challenged establishment of albanian football. To be honest i don't even remember Kombetarja playing better football than we did against Israel but clearly he lost dressing room so his project was done before he even started. I don't think Reja is bad at all but i feel he will have same destiny as Otto Baric.
Kuqaloshi maoist
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Top 30 players of 2003 worldwide : Endri Zenelaj of Ascoli Primavera (17 years old creative midfielder)
https://m.calcionapoli24.it/rubriche/gi ... 46006.html
CanaYouDoIt

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:17 am Top 30 players of 2003 worldwide : Endri Zenelaj of Ascoli Primavera (17 years old creative midfielder)
Defensive Midfielder, we need one of those badly , but at 17 he’s a least a few years away from being serviceable that’s being if he even picks us
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:09 pm
Simboli i Diellit wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:17 am Top 30 players of 2003 worldwide : Endri Zenelaj of Ascoli Primavera (17 years old creative midfielder)
Defensive Midfielder, we need one of those badly , but at 17 he’s a least a few years away from being serviceable that’s being if he even picks us
Lol noticed that this kid was barely selected for our U15 scouting but never made the team . My nephew is part of the U15 and probably doesn’t deserve to be there . There might be others who are better than him although he is part of Venezia U17 but at the end most of the U15 never becomes a pro players and most pro players never played for their country’s U15 .

If Reja was like De Biasi there are some good Albanian DMs in Switzerland 😅
Princ

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:57 pm If Reja was like De Biasi there are some good Albanian DMs in Switzerland 😅
Fortunately De Biasi did not have to worry about the Kosovo NT.. it is now the primary destination for diaspora who cant play for Switzerland
CanaYouDoIt

Princ wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:46 pm
Simboli i Diellit wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:57 pm If Reja was like De Biasi there are some good Albanian DMs in Switzerland 😅
Fortunately De Biasi did not have to worry about the Kosovo NT.. it is now the primary destination for diaspora who cant play for Switzerland
As long as the teams are divided they both will be weaker for it

Imagine we were one right now , our defence would be very good and we know about kosoves attack
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

Princ wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:37 pm Let’s pump the brakes on hyping some of these Croatian league boys. We’ve already seen what Uzuni brings, he is a headless chicken with the touch of a rapist.. Grezda is better than Uzuni and we all saw how he fared against more credible opposition. Have not seen much of Cokaj and Tuci but its too early to assume that they can be protagonists on the international stage, filling the spots of Basha, Kukeli, Abrashi, Kace, Xhaka and co.
Ismajli,Rrahmani,Cikaleshi,Balaj,Roshi,Grezda played in Croatian League and they was convocated! What's your point?why players who are doing very well can't be convocated?
Kuqaloshi maoist
Princ

My point is that the competition in Croatia is not much higher than that of the superliga. Before we get our hopes up, we must realize that Grezda (a better player than Uzuni) was tearing up the Croatian league and he flopped hard at Rangers despite having a good opportunity there due to injuries in their main team.

Also, “dielli mire duket qe ne mengjes” and we have already seen what Uzuni brings so there is no point to get excited about him. A few goals here and there in a league of pizza men and taxi drivers will not change a thing, especially when you compare with the level of other nations in our region.
CanaYouDoIt

Princ wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:27 pm
ZenMaster wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:02 pm Ismajli,Rrahmani,Cikaleshi,Balaj,Roshi,Grezda played in Croatian League and they was convocated! What's your point?why players who are doing very well can't be convocated?
My point is that the competition in Croatia is not much higher than that of the superliga. Before we get our hopes up, we must realize that Grezda (a better player than Uzuni) was tearing up the Croatian league and he flopped hard at Rangers despite having a good opportunity there due to injuries in their main team.

Also, “dielli mire duket qe ne mengjes” and we have already seen what Uzuni brings so there is no point to get excited about him. A few goals here and there in a league of pizza men and taxi drivers will not change a thing, especially when you compare with the level of other nations in our region.

@Canayoudoit
Although Albania would not contribute much apart from a few defenders and the goalie, I agree it would be fun (though not realistic) to see a joint team looking like this:

Zeneli-Muriqi-Rashica
V.Berisha-Celina-L.Sadiku
Kololli-Rrahmani-Kumbulla(Djimsiti)-Hysaj
Strakosha

Now that’s a team that can compete with anybody.
That team genuinely is so good , that attack can go and be free while they know they have a good defence behind them .

Stakoshoka , Djimsiti and Hysaj play at a CL level while Kumbulla and Rrahmani are soon to join them this summer . What could be
  • Information