Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

artan

Ajeti was a huge disappointment. He started his career with Basel so well featuring in all of their CL/EL matches at like the age of 19/20. Then a new coach came in and he never got out of the bench. He was just a one trick pony who was good physically but not much else. I also think his agent was a family member of his who did an awful job because in 14/15 he was playing for us when he was not playing for a club team. It's really bizzare. He played really well for us during that qualification campaign and for the Euros though. It's a shame.

As for Berisha, lets be real he'll never play for Germany. Eventually he's gonna play for one of Kosova/Albania so he needs to realize that. As for Zeqiri, Switzerland has alot of young talent coming through..He's still 2-3 years away from the Swiss NT atleast.
Dallku

Princ wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:52 am Neither sadiku or cikalleshi can cut it anymore..some tap in goals on empty net don’t change anything. Sadiku has always sucked don’t get fooled by fluke goals here and there..he failed in Poland in his prime, enough said
Sadiku has a decent shot in him and some clinical finishing at times but he has always been an extremely limited player. Can't dribble, pass, no vision, can't help in build up, not strong physically, too slow, etc. He's the definition of 1 trick pony and that's why he has flopped in every 1st division he played in.

Albania always had players like him. From Kapllani to Salihi and now him. These are all identical players. Pure poachers who have a slight sense for goal but they are not made for underdog teams who don't create much and need their attackers to be versatile (like Albania). That's why I always disliked players like these. It's always like playing with 1 player less.
artan

Your making Sadiku sound like a goal poacher which he's not. A goal poacher was someone like Salihi. Sadiku has a good long range shot, good finisher and his dribbling is decent. He's also aggressive defensively and puts in his share.

Reja doesn't prefer him because he's not that good in the air and he's not as strong as Cika/Balaj. But it's stupid because it's not like Balaj or Cika have won any meaningful duels in the air (They'll both shit their parents on any header that comes their way in the box). You guys talk about Roshi being good for the NT but whatever for his club, to me Sadiku is in the same category. He's the only Albanian forward I can remember that actually can score goals against decent opposition (Luxembourg and Moldova don't count).
Princ

Dallku wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:23 am
Princ wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:52 am Neither sadiku or cikalleshi can cut it anymore..some tap in goals on empty net don’t change anything. Sadiku has always sucked don’t get fooled by fluke goals here and there..he failed in Poland in his prime, enough said
Sadiku has a decent shot in him and some clinical finishing at times but he has always been an extremely limited player. Can't dribble, pass, no vision, can't help in build up, not strong physically, too slow, etc. He's the definition of 1 trick pony and that's why he has flopped in every 1st division he played in.

Albania always had players like him. From Kapllani to Salihi and now him. These are all identical players. Pure poachers who have a slight sense for goal but they are not made for underdog teams who don't create much and need their attackers to be versatile (like Albania). That's why I always disliked players like these. It's always like playing with 1 player less.
This sums it up
Klejdi1023

Sadiku is a decent striker, but like Dallku says he is limited, in any case he has been good for the NT and that’s what matters. It would be nice to have a forward who can provide an all around package though someone like Tare or Bogdani. I’m ok with Sadiku, Manaj, and Cika for now, but I’m sick of seeing Balaj getting constantly called up. Beginning in 2020, we should drop Balaj and give Broja a shot, see how he does in friendlies, I hope Broja can become that complete striker we really need as we are covered in goal, defense, and somewhat in midfield. I also think Broja will push all the other forwards to produce more or he will start ahead of them even though he is still young at this time.
plisi

Vedat Muriqi has got to be one of the hottest strikers in Europe right now.
Dallku

plisi wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:11 pm Vedat Muriqi has got to be one of the hottest strikers in Europe right now.
He’s the 7th best top scorer.......in turkey. A 34 year old has twice as many goals as him. :mrgreen:

Muriqi is quickly becoming one of the biggest footballing frauds. If you were to see a video of his highlights it would be the most underwhelming video you’d ever see.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

He may be a fraud, but he'd still walk into our lineup.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Migjeni

Lol. Hyping Roshi while calling Muriqi a fraud.
Kafshatë që s'kapërdihet asht, or vlla, mjerimi..
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Migjeni wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:10 am Lol. Hyping Roshi while calling Muriqi a fraud.
I'd rather have Muriqi over Balaj, Cikalleshi, Sadiku, but over Roshi? Nah.

You guys focus too much on he plays for X, he plays for Y, and not on their gameplay. Hysaj played for Napoli, but he was always just a decent at best player. These guys don't even compare 50% to Hysaj's club career, who was a CL regular and played in knockout rounds.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
  • Information