Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Honestly what the f*** is up with these Albanian "talents"? First Hebaj flopped massively in Slovenia, now Latifi is benched in a Hungarian team that's fighting relegation. It's not like this is EPL or something. f*** it's not even Croatia or Greece. These leagues are like 30% better than Albania's if that.

You can write Hebaj off to overrating him, but Latifi played in Europa League group stages as well. It's not like he's only been tested in Albania.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
artan

Albania has terrible youth development and I don't think it's gonna get any better. I think what hurts us that none of the teams in Tirana are worth a damn. Most countries seem to have the best academies in their capital or biggest city, especially the balkan and eastern european countries. Our best teams in the league are smaller cities or village clubs like Skenderbeu, Kukesi and Laci. These teams don't have any youth infrastructure and have reached their success by just signing veteran players. Skenderbeu has done a good job of scouting players and developing them but you have to figure that's gonna halt with their european ban.
Pjetër
Has thanked: 0

Guri subbed off in the 60th minute.
Aurora Bulkualis

Pjetër wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:06 pm Guri subbed off in the 60th minute.
I think it's pretty much over for him too. He's scored 1 goal in like 5 games, and it was a useless goal against Anderlecht. He wasn't getting subbed at all, then he it was 70th something, now in the 60s, soon he'll lose his starting place.

I appreciate that he was trying to use Oostende as a stepping stone, but even that gap is too big. We have guys failing in Hungary relegation teams, Slovenia, and Serie B relegation teams, let alone Belgium.
artan wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:15 am Albania has terrible youth development and I don't think it's gonna get any better. I think what hurts us that none of the teams in Tirana are worth a damn. Most countries seem to have the best academies in their capital or biggest city, especially the balkan and eastern european countries. Our best teams in the league are smaller cities or village clubs like Skenderbeu, Kukesi and Laci. These teams don't have any youth infrastructure and have reached their success by just signing veteran players. Skenderbeu has done a good job of scouting players and developing them but you have to figure that's gonna halt with their european ban.
There's a difference between world class youth and failing in Hungary and Slovenia. When a dude like Latifi is benched in Hungary, what does that say about these dudes...
Dallku

If you can't dominate the Albanian league then you will struggle abroad. You look at someone like Hyka who looked like Messi when he played in Albania and even he struggled abroad.

These guys you guys are talking about (Hebaj, Guri) never really dominated the Alb league. Guri was a solid player for Kukesi standards but nothing special by any means. Latifi was hot and cold. He always had the talent and showed glimpses but the amount of bad decisions he made was always alarming.
Princ

Dallku wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:26 pm If you can't dominate the Albanian league then you will struggle abroad. You look at someone like Hyka who looked like Messi when he played in Albania and even he struggled abroad.

These guys you guys are talking about (Hebaj, Guri) never really dominated the Alb league. Guri was a solid player for Kukesi standards but nothing special by any means. Latifi was hot and cold. He always had the talent and showed glimpses but the amount of bad decisions he made was always alarming.
I actually had hopes for latifi lol I thought him and grezda would set us up pretty nice on the wings
Pjetër
Has thanked: 0

Not good from Strakosha today.

Ronaldo's reaction to Mandzukic's goal. :rrokullisem:
Aurora Bulkualis

Dallku wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:26 pm If you can't dominate the Albanian league then you will struggle abroad. You look at someone like Hyka who looked like Messi when he played in Albania and even he struggled abroad.

Yeah, maybe. We always assume they dominate the league before they leave. I think it's just a case of Albanians not being able to evaluate talent. (Or Agents trying to make a quick buck)
Aurora Bulkualis

Pjetër wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:59 pm Not good from Strakosha today.

Ronaldo's reaction to Mandzukic's goal. :rrokullisem:
I only saw the highlights so I didn't see any mistakes, but someone on the Lazio forum said pretty much what I've been saying, that he's a good shotstopper, but needs to work on his other side of the game.

I'm not worried about Strakosha at all tbh, even if he leaves Lazio. As long as he doesn't make retarded blunders, it's fine imo. I don't expect him to be Neuer.
artan

Djimsiti started again for Atalanta against Roma. Berisha on the bench again. They drew 3-3
Veseli on the bench, not sure whats up with Ajeti
Kace picked up an injury.. Thankfully Xhaka is back though.
Basha started for Thessanoliki. I would start Basha, Xhaka and Ndoj in the nations matches
Gavazaj on the bench.
I think Grezda just recovered from injury so he should be ready to go. Celtic are interested and apparently made a 2.7 million euro bid for him. I think it'd be a good move since he'd be playing under Steven Gerrard who's apparently doing a good job for them.

I think we're gonna get pounced by Scotland. We just have way too many players who aren't getting any minutes or are out injured. Panucci needs to call up some 3-4 new players into the fold.
  • Information