Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

artan

SHabani will probably never be Germany material but I think he'll wait like 2-3 years to see if he's actually German material or not. Then he'll probably play for Kosova. It's why we have to poach these guys when they're young. Losing Rashica hurt us badly as he would have instantly filled our void for a dynamic attacking threat. Di Biasi's biggest mistake.

As for Abazaj he's still gonna need another season to get some "professional" football under him. He's used of playing for village teams like Luftetari with their potato field pitches, ghetto training facilities, no scouting, no preparation, etc. Talent wise he's definitely as talented as those guys but the other part is what worries me. Hopefully his time with the NT will get him adjusted.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

artan wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 2:12 am SHabani will probably never be Germany material butI think he'll wait like 2-3 years to see if he's actually German material or not. Then he'll probably play for Kosova. It's why we have to poach these guys when they're young. Losing Rashica hurt us badly as he would have instantly filled our void for a dynamic attacking threat. Di Biasi's biggest mistake.

As for Abazaj he's still gonna need another season to get some "professional" football under him. He's used of playing for village teams like Luftetari with their potato field pitches, ghetto training facilities, no scouting, no preparation, etc. Talent wise he's definitely as talented as those guys but the other part is what worries me. Hopefully his time with the NT will get him adjusted.
Unless he was raised there, I don't see why he'd play for them. If he's a mercenary he'd just go with the team that has the most chances at least qualifying for a EUROs. The only reason Avdijaj went to Kosova was cause he was butthurt over De Biasi shunning him.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Latifi’s coach in Hungary:

“Është e pashpjegueshme mënyra e lojës së Latifit. Po bën shumë gabime dhe nuk e ndihmon aspak skuadrën. Unë gjithmonë luaj me ata futbollistë që janë gati të japin gjithçka nga vetja e tyre për klubin dhe skuadrën. Nuk do e ndryshoj as në këtë rast parimin tim . Zgjidhni mes meje dhe tij, dikush duhet të largohet”.
artan

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 4:34 pm Latifi’s coach in Hungary:

“Është e pashpjegueshme mënyra e lojës së Latifit. Po bën shumë gabime dhe nuk e ndihmon aspak skuadrën. Unë gjithmonë luaj me ata futbollistë që janë gati të japin gjithçka nga vetja e tyre për klubin dhe skuadrën. Nuk do e ndryshoj as në këtë rast parimin tim . Zgjidhni mes meje dhe tij, dikush duhet të largohet”.
He's failing in Hungary? Ouch. I always thought he wasn't talented but he seemed like he had a high work rate. Interest for Gurri are heating up, it seems like Genk and Rapid Vienna are interested in him.
Simboli i Diellit

Guri will move to Belgium.
Aurora Bulkualis

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 2:38 am Guri will move to Belgium.

Lmfao. Wtf is happening? Any time a player has a good season, they're off to Belgium. I guess it's the Olayinka effect, but that dude played in the Czech Republic for a year to hone his skills.
artan

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 3:33 am
Simboli i Diellit wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 2:38 am Guri will move to Belgium.

Lmfao. Wtf is happening? Any time a player has a good season, they're off to Belgium. I guess it's the Olayinka effect, but that dude played in the Czech Republic for a year to hone his skills.
Maybe the situation has changed then what it was with 5 - 10 years ago. With Skenderbeu putting good performances in Europe (match fixing aside) and the NT making the Euro's it has open networks for Albanian players. I guess there's less of a risk now since they figured the Albanian superliga has become more "competitive" and that other players like Olayinka, Berisha, Rrahmani have done relatively okay once leaving?

I think Guri has alot of talent. He strikes me as someone who's really good with the ball on his feet despite being so big and strong, he looks really talented for a Superliga player. What worries me is that he's a one hit wonder as last year he only scored like 2 league goals(granted he was Pejic's backup) and the year before he was playing in the 1st division. I guess Gent really believe he has the physical toolset to be a good player and that he's a diamond in the rough.

Gent is also offering something like 700k euros, they must really believe in such an unproven player. Hopefully, it opens a trend for other players to leave the Superliga. Some guys should have left years ago. Players that come to mind are Fejzallahu (career has comepletely stagnated), Trashi, Gavazaj (should leave this summer), Bardhi (while he still has some potential), etc.
Aurora Bulkualis

Idk, I personally don't think the Albanian league has really closed the gap, so to speak. Our main problem was that our players always had to take an extra step to go the top leagues. Players from Croatia, Serbia, Greece would just move to Holland/Ajax for 2-3 years, then to Top 5 Leagues. For our players, they had to go from Superliga -> Switzerland/Austria -> Holland/Belgium -> Top 5 league.

Guri himself said that Belgium is just a pit stop for him to the top leagues, but I'm afraid Albanian players need to make an extra stop somewhere like Switzerland/Austria/Greece just to be able to transition to Belgium then to Top 5. That frankly is super fucking exhausting, and the reason why almost no one ever plays in Serie A or whatever, who played in Superliga first.

The way I see it is:

Albanian League = Serie C
Croatian/Serbian/Greek leagues = Serie B
Belgium/Holland = Bottom Table Serie A

Can a player really go from Serie C to playing for Crotone/Benevento/Empoli? I don't think so, unless they're extremely talented.
Dallku

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 4:34 pm Latifi’s coach in Hungary:

Not surprised. Latifi is pretty technically gifted but he has a very low football iq (bad decisions, tunnel vision, selfish). Also lazy at times. And the fact that he went to such a shitty team/league it means that he would be even more selfish.
Simboli i Diellit

Seems like Zeneli will be moving from Netherland to Serie A . On other news Albania vs Kosova friendly will be cancelled.
  • Information