Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Princ

Dallku wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:07 am Rrahmani was always the best Kosovar player besides Valon Berisha(who seems to be declining).
That’s debatable.

Muriqi is the pride of Kosovo for what he has accomplished with the NT.

Rashica had a strong two year run in the Bundesliga where he scored goals against the best teams in the world. (Leipzig, Leverkusen, Bayern, Dortmund, etc.)

Rrahmani has had a respectable career but was not a tremendous loss for Albania as we are stacked at the position.

Ismajli (although less proven) has been a decent replacement and has real potential going forward.
Plako
Team: Partizani

Dallku wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:10 amWe say this now but back then we all knew that Lila deserved it way more than Rrahmani and Rashica. Lets be honest.
No way dude, you were the only who was happy Rashica was left out for Lila. Most members were in absolute shock from the decision. Here are the comments from the day of the decision.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=155&hilit=rashica+l ... start=1150
Dallku

^ Lila contributed directly in those qualifiers and was a regular starter even.

Rashica didn't play a minute besides those 2 pre-euro friendlies where he was underwhelming to say the least.

To say Rashica "DESERVED" it more is ignorance.
Princ

There is no doubt that Andi Lila (our most versatile player) deserved his spot on the list.

A better argument can be made that Naser Aliji and/or Freddie Veseli could have been left home.
artan

Lila deserved to be on the roster but the point was Rashica was never given a fair chance. Based on his club performances that year he was our most in form attacking third player. Di Biasi was too loyal to his guys. I don’t think many nations would have dropped one of their best if not best attacking third player from their final selection, I remember Germany dropping Sane in 2018 and Lowe getting crucified (rightfully so)..

We’re also fortunate that Gym city isn’t eligible for Kosovo or he would have switched over too.
Plako

Dallku wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:01 pm ^ Lila contributed directly in those qualifiers and was a regular starter even.

Rashica didn't play a minute besides those 2 pre-euro friendlies where he was underwhelming to say the least.

To say Rashica "DESERVED" it more is ignorance.
He was not a regular starter. He may started 1 or 2 games and came off mostly from the bench. It was painful watching him play on the right wing vs. France. All I'm saying is that at the time there was huge uproar about Rachica being left out. I don't think anyone would have cared if Lila was left home.
Dallku

Fans will be fans. There was a moment when we thought Jahmir Hyka was good and there was a huge uproar when he was left out of games but the coaches knew he wasn't good enough. Many other examples like that.

Fact is that Lila was one of De Biasi's favorite players and he used to play in the hardest games. Of course he wasn't easy on the eyes to watch for fans but he did a lot of dirty work and the coaches in general liked him. Dude was even a starter for Parma in Serie A at one point. There was no way Lila was going to be left out of the Euros for a u-21 player.

Djimsiti/Veseli was the only debate but imo Djimisiti deserved it way more. Rrahmani and Rashica had no business being there... Fact is that you gotta reward the players who got you there. It's only fair.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Strakosha in talks with BvB. Great team, but they usually don't spend much. And I suspect a huge reason of getting Reina is for Lazio to recoup some cash.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Plako

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:19 pm Strakosha in talks with BvB. Great team, but they usually don't spend much. And I suspect a huge reason of getting Reina is for Lazio to recoup some cash.
Doubt that happens. If he doesn't sing a new contract with Lazio I could see him move to a lower Serie A club.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

It all started from this video. Now both clubs are in Talks. Strakosha has been at Lazio for 9 years now and his new girlfriend lives in Hamburg. He also lost his place at Lazio to Reina. Lazio needs to cash in and Borussia is looking for another GK. I thibk they might close the deal at 15 million.
https://sport.sky.it/calciomercato/2021 ... tmund-news
  • Information