Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Princ

A couple pulls like these boys for the midfield and I’d get excited about the NT.. unfortunately, there is literally 0% chance that any proper Swiss diaspora player will be joining in the near future. Kosovo is taking all the second rate Swiss products, they are the new generation of Bashas, Kukelis, Xhakas, Abrashis, etc...those players were the core of our team during our best days. Even Bajrami has shown 0 interest in playing for us, he’d rather wait for Switzerland or represent North Macedonia without a doubt
CanaYouDoIt

If players rather represent North Macedonia they can hand in their Albanian card . Disgraceful
Dallku

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:25 pm If players rather represent North Macedonia they can hand in their Albanian card . Disgraceful
Why what's the difference with Kosovo? They are both considered multi-ethnic nations.

The Albanians who play for Macedonia can easily claim that they represent the Albanian part of the country. Technically they do.
CanaYouDoIt

Dallku wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:54 pm
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:25 pm If players rather represent North Macedonia they can hand in their Albanian card . Disgraceful
Why what's the difference with Kosovo? They are both considered multi-ethnic nations.

The Albanians who play for Macedonia can easily claim that they represent the Albanian part of the country. Technically they do.
Kosovo is a country run by Albanians , they fought for the right to be able to represent them and I don’t mind that at all . They’re still representing Albania .

Playing for places like Macedonia, Greece , Montenegro is very different because you’re playing for the very people who try and bring us down , who’ve oppressed us for a long time and who’ve killed us for being Albanian . You’re turning your back on your people
Dallku

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:25 pm
Kosovo is a country run by Albanians , they fought for the right to be able to represent them and I don’t mind that at all . They’re still representing Albania .

Playing for places like Macedonia, Greece , Montenegro is very different because you’re playing for the very people who try and bring us down , who’ve oppressed us for a long time and who’ve killed us for being Albanian . You’re turning your back on your people

Macedonia is not like Greece and Montenegro where Albanians are an obvious minority.

Albanians make up nearly half of Macedonia... Their FA president is Albanian..Half their team in Albanian. They have huge influence in politics, sports and everything. Sure the slavs might have a little bit more power but it's a pretty segregated country. Albanians there are in their home and should represent it.
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

artan wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:14 am
Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:51 am Btw, who is this guy?

https://www.transfermarkt.com/nedim-baj ... ler/390177

And this dude

https://www.transfermarkt.com/toni-domg ... ler/344649

Says he was born in Croatia, but that's a Catholic Albo last name.
Both guys have been posted here numerous times. Bajrami is actually from Macedonia so Kosovo has no shot at him and I don't think he'll truly be good enough for Switzerland so I can see him playing for us in a few years.

Switzlerland has quite a few Albanian midfielders who we should keep an eye on.
There was so many marriages between albanians from Kosovo and Ilirida and there is always possibility they have one of grandparents from Kosovo. I believe Swiss will always remain first choice and unfortunately Albania will be always the last choice.
Kuqaloshi maoist
artan

^ That's true and considering all were one country in Yugoslavia i'm sure it's easy to claim some kind of origin if they wanted to play for Kosovo. I still wonder why Gymcity didn't switch over to Kosovo after he got snubbed off the Euro 2016. Imagine if we lost him as well?? Gymcity, Rrahmani and Rashica.. Yikes

Switzerland will always be the first choice but they got a really good team. Unless these Swiss Superliga players really break out and move to a bigger league they won't be good enough. Kosovo has come to the point where they have enough talent as well.

Another player Betim Fazliji. Club he plays for is 1st place and he's from Presheva.
https://www.transfermarkt.us/betim-fazl ... ler/410636
artan

Myrto Uzuini sold to Ferencvarosi TC in Hungary for 1.8 mil euros. They seem to be the best team in Hungary and were in the Europa league.

I was hoping he'd transfer to Spain or Italy. Hungary is a slightly poorer league than Croatia
Princ

Enis Bardhi with 2 goals today for Levante.. that’s 3 in the last 2 matches for him. That North Macedonia v Kosovo match is going to be fire
Plako
Team: Partizani

Princ wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:31 pm Enis Bardhi with 2 goals today for Levante.. that’s 3 in the last 2 matches for him. That North Macedonia v Kosovo match is going to be fire
Too bad there won't be any fans in the stands.
  • Information