Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Princ

Not that I’m hopeful about Vrioni or anything but Kabashi was not 1.88m and never got transferred for 4mil€

Also, it seems Selahi has been relegated to the bench at his club after being a starter last season
Plako
Team: Partizani

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:01 pm
Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:36 pm Jack's intrusion will never match

Manaj can live off his CV for life now 😂
He will milk that one game until the day he ends with Lushnja.
Plako
Team: Partizani

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:13 pm
Dallku wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:05 pm Could Vrioni have world class potential and we don’t know it?
The only thing they have in common is that they both played for Juve. I think Vrioni joining our U-21s tells you he's in a much better place mentally than Kabashi who though could play for Italy.

It's really encouraging to see the foreign born players like Kumbulla, Broja, Mihaj, Vrioni, and Cepele joining our youth teams unlike the likes of Kabashi and Gjasula and the numerous malakas who turned us down very early on. I don't think we've had a major up and comin player turn us down recently. Things are looking up for us.
Dallku

Princ wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:24 pm
Also, it seems Selahi has been relegated to the bench at his club after being a starter last season

Honestly he must not be any good. Reja absolutely doesn't rate him. When even a newcomer 2nd division player like Qazim Laci plays over him that says it all..
Deni

Apparently Andi Zeqiri has signed for Brighton Albion in the Premier League. Interesting transfer didn’t expect that but apparently their coach was looking for a striker and he recently switched to Kosove too I hear.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Plako wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:37 pm
The only thing they have in common is that they both played for Juve. I think Vrioni joining our U-21s tells you he's in a much better place mentally than Kabashi who though could play for Italy.

It's really encouraging to see the foreign born players like Kumbulla, Broja, Mihaj, Vrioni, and Cepele joining our youth teams unlike the likes of Kabashi and Gjasula and the numerous malakas who turned us down very early on. I don't think we've had a major up and comin player turn us down recently. Things are looking up for us.
It's funny how the ones who think they're too good for Albania always end up doing the crappiest. Even from the Kosovar Albos, G. Xhaka was the one who gave it the most thought and he did the best. Januzaj and Shaqiri ended up as mid-table players.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
CanaYouDoIt

Dallku wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:18 pm
Princ wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:24 pm

Honestly he must not be any good. Reja absolutely doesn't rate him. When even a newcomer 2nd division player like Qazim Laci plays over him that says it all..

Reja is a terrible manager , Selahi is 21 and starting in the Eredivise , that’s better than every other CM in our team
artan

I know Laci had a terrible game but it's unfair to judge him on one game. We have a bunch of midfielders who are painfully average.

I also think Reja is a bad manager just looking at the spacing of the team when we have possession. No width, no balance and no creativity.
CanaYouDoIt

No structure , no nothing . Guy is 74 , what 74 year olds do you see who are successful managers
Dallku

artan wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:12 am I know Laci had a terrible game but it's unfair to judge him on one game. We have a bunch of midfielders who are painfully average.

There is a difference...

Laci's performance was borderline amateur which is the concerning part... it wasn't just a bad game. For example struggling to do basic things like a simple touch or a pass.

When someone like Hysaj has a bad game you can still see that he has "professional" tangibles.

This is why Albanian league players struggle to get in the NT. They all have amateurish habits... similar to Laci's.
  • Information