Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

artan

On what evidence do you have that Kumbulla can work as a CM lol? I get that he's good on the ball as a defender but that doesn't mean he should be playing CM. He should try to be the "bonucci" of Albania and be the distributor from the back like Mavraj did.
CanaYouDoIt

It’s easy really . Gonna be a pairing of Kumbulla and Gjimsiti or what should happen (and probably will) a back 3 with them two and Ismajili because it suits them more .

Bare and Selhahi look like good tidy players and Abrashi / Gjasula are alright but near the end . Where is gets difficult is the attacking options , there’s literally none . We will see how Kamberi does but will be hard with Roshi being the only decent winger
Dallku

artan wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:33 pm On what evidence do you have that Kumbulla can work as a CM lol? I get that he's good on the ball as a defender but that doesn't mean he should be playing CM. He should try to be the "bonucci" of Albania and be the distributor from the back like Mavraj did.
Yeah he's not fast or technical enough to play as a CM but we don't need him to play there. Plenty of central midfielders.

Albania is lacking wingers and strikers.
Princ

Dallku wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:39 pm
Plenty of central midfielders.
I wouldn’t be so optimistic. Gjasula and abrashi are ok but surely not part of future plans due to their age. The upcoming campaign will probably be their last as decent players.. That leaves us with bare, selahi, kace, and ndoj going forward.

Not sold on ndoj. Curious/hopeful about selahi. We know what kace offers, and bare is ok too. The centimetres are lacking and far from convinced that these boys can carry us going forward.

I’d include the midfield in our list of concerns, joining obviously the lack of potent strikers and wingers. Compare those 4 midfielders above to prime abrashi, kukeli, basha, xhaka, and kace that de biasi had and the difference is clear..
CanaYouDoIt

Princ wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:18 pm
Dallku wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:39 pm
Plenty of central midfielders.
I wouldn’t be so optimistic. Gjasula and abrashi are ok but surely not part of future plans due to their age. The upcoming campaign will probably be their last as decent players.. That leaves us with bare, selahi, kace, and ndoj going forward.

Not sold on ndoj. Curious/hopeful about selahi. We know what kace offers, and bare is ok too. The centimetres are lacking and far from convinced that these boys can carry us going forward.

I’d include the midfield in our list of concerns, joining obviously the lack of potent strikers and wingers. Compare those 4 midfielders above to prime abrashi, kukeli, basha, xhaka, and kace that de biasi had and the difference is clear..

Ndoj had quite a bad injury that kept him out for a few months , just starting to play and start again and in the Serie A so a high level . I’d say that’s higher than Kukeli , Kace or Basha ever reached . Then Bare certainly looks to be just as good as them . Selahi is the wildcard , if he keeps developing we won’t have to worry about CMs . Bare , Ndoj , Gjasula, Abrashi, Xhaka is fine for now .

Where we all can see the lack of any talent whatsoever is out wide . That’s also another reason why we’re forced to play 352 . So maybe next games we see something like this :

Strakosha
Hysaj Gjim Ismajil Kumbulla Lenjani?
Bare Gjasula Abrashi
Kamberi Sadiku
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:03 pm Ndoj had quite a bad injury that kept him out for a few months , just starting to play and start again and in the Serie A so a high level . I’d say that’s higher than Kukeli , Kace or Basha ever reached .
What? Basha played for Torino.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
CanaYouDoIt

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:21 pm
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:03 pm Ndoj had quite a bad injury that kept him out for a few months , just starting to play and start again and in the Serie A so a high level . I’d say that’s higher than Kukeli , Kace or Basha ever reached .
What? Basha played for Torino.
I totally forgot
Dallku

Where do you see Ndoj starting? He has gotten a few minutes off the bench and has been terrible despite the fact that they tried hard to promote him(in order to sell him).

He has the technical ability but his decision making/IQ is serie D level. One of the dumbest players I've ever seen.

I think central midfield is ok. Bare and Selahi are younger and should be around. The older players like Gjasula, Abrashi, Xhaka still have a campaign left and by the time they leave new players will pop out. 2-3 years is a long time in football.

Historically Albania has never suffered with central midfielders.
CanaYouDoIt

Dallku wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:29 pm Where do you see Ndoj starting? He has gotten a few minutes off the bench and has been terrible despite the fact that they tried hard to promote him(in order to sell him).

He has the technical ability but his decision making/IQ is serie D level. One of the dumbest players I've ever seen.

I think central midfield is ok. Bare and Selahi are younger and should be around. The older players like Gjasula, Abrashi, Xhaka still have a campaign left and by the time they leave new players will pop out. 2-3 years is a long time in football.

Historically Albania has never suffered with central midfielders.
Never said he’s a full time starter but he’s got some starts and that’s more than we can say for most people . I can’t argue with the rest of it because surprisingly I don’t watch Brescia play
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Let's give some props to Strakosha btw. Lazio is on an 18-game unbeaten streak, their longest ever in the history of Serie A. They're 1 point off the top spot.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
  • Information