Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

artan

Greku wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:50 pm Greek Albanian by the way Mihaj in an interview said she should have waited a little bit more(for Greece) before he chose his NT cause his still very young
The reason Strakosha chose Albania is his dad cause if he didn't Foto would had received a lot of hate from the people and the media
Mihaj is so unlikeable and why he keeps saying shit like this is beyond me.

Does he realize Greece is absolutely loaded at CB and have much better prospects coming up compared to him? Honestly, f*** this guy..
Greku
Has thanked: 0

Greece has 2 world class defenders but behind them they r mediocre
New Greek coach (Anastasiadis) ask his manager if the games he played for us where official cause he wanted him
He was the best young player of the league last year at only 19 he has potential but he l don't think he will make a career with the nt cause he feels more Greek even than Durmishaj
Greku

Either way these guys have the right to make a decision Albania should grow their own young players but only Skenderbeu (Gripshi,Dajsinani,Pellumbi) and Bardhi from Partizani Selmani from Laci r getting playing time and show some quality
plisi
Been thanked: 0

Rashica's killing it in bundesliga. How do the "He'll flop" people doing nowdays?
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

We need to realise that picking players for the NT isn't just about ability. Rashica may well be killing it but would he do it with the NT?
While I completely agree we should have taken him and cap-tied him, and am in no way arguing against that notion, I still do think that his performance with the NT would be severely hindered due to his attitude.
When he wasn't picked for the Euros, he took on a mercenary attitude and essentially said 'If you won't pick me for this tournament, f*** you I'm going to Kosovo.'
If he really had a passion to play for his nation, and wanted to rise up through the Albanian ranks, he would have kept at the grindstone and stayed loyal.
Do we desperately want that sort of attitude on our team?
Even though we should have capped him, the attitude in my opinion is a massive downside. Stinks of a player who somehow thought he was entitled to a Euros callup after scoring a couple for Vitesse. No questioning his ability but his attitude needed work.
plisi

RedFootballs wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:39 pm We need to realise that picking players for the NT isn't just about ability. Rashica may well be killing it but would he do it with the NT?
While I completely agree we should have taken him and cap-tied him, and am in no way arguing against that notion, I still do think that his performance with the NT would be severely hindered due to his attitude.
When he wasn't picked for the Euros, he took on a mercenary attitude and essentially said 'If you won't pick me for this tournament, f*** you I'm going to Kosovo.'
If he really had a passion to play for his nation, and wanted to rise up through the Albanian ranks, he would have kept at the grindstone and stayed loyal.
Do we desperately want that sort of attitude on our team?
Even though we should have capped him, the attitude in my opinion is a massive downside. Stinks of a player who somehow thought he was entitled to a Euros callup after scoring a couple for Vitesse. No questioning his ability but his attitude needed work.
IMO, this discussion has been kicked to death. He was unfairly left home for the EUROS, was frustrated but at the end picked Kosovo not for ex. Greece, north Mak etc. You should understand this!

My comment was aimed at the ones that were happy he wasn't delivering straight away at Werder and called him a flop already.
Dallku

Rashica has only played 90 minutes ONCE this season...
Cantona

What has Cikalleshi done of late to get back in the NT. Manaj should have been there, he is at least playing.

Also, surprising that Bare still not on the list.
artan

Greku wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:49 pm Greece has 2 world class defenders but behind them they r mediocre
New Greek coach (Anastasiadis) ask his manager if the games he played for us where official cause he wanted him
He was the best young player of the league last year at only 19 he has potential but he l don't think he will make a career with the nt cause he feels more Greek even than Durmishaj
Greece has Manolas, Sokratis, Papadolous, Restos (only 19 years old), Mavranopolos (plays for Arsenal and only like 18), a probably a few more players that are currently as good if not better than Mihaj. Mihaj would probably have to wait a few years to even get a chance for their NT and even that he will never be a starter since Restos and Mavranopolos are two of the top rated CB's at their age. It's just stupid for a player like Mihaj, who has not proven ANYTHING to say something like that. He plays for a middle of the table team in Greece, it's embarrassing.

Even Taulant Xhaka, who has every reason to be mad at FSHF and Duka, has never made stupid comments like that and has always played with pride and passion for the NT.
Princ

artan wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:27 pm
Greku wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:49 pm Greece has 2 world class defenders but behind them they r mediocre
Greece has Manolas, Sokratis, Papadolous, Restos (only 19 years old), Mavranopolos (plays for Arsenal and only like 18), a probably a few more players that are currently as good if not better than Mihaj. Mihaj would probably have to wait a few years to even get a chance for their NT and even that he will never be a starter since Restos and Mavranopolos are two of the top rated CB's at their age. It's just stupid for a player like Mihaj, who has not proven ANYTHING to say something like that. He plays for a middle of the table team in Greece, it's embarrassing.

Even Taulant Xhaka, who has every reason to be mad at FSHF and Duka, has never made stupid comments like that and has always played with pride and passion for the NT.
Why would taulant xhaka have every reason to be mad at fshf and duka? He’s gotten playing time, he’s been treated well...We were his second choice after Swiss didn’t want him
  • Information