Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

User avatar
RedFootballs
Posts: 396
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:12 pm
Location: England
Team: QPR - Albania
Contact:

Sat May 11, 2019 10:32 am

artan wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 8:06 pm
RedFootballs wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 6:32 pm
artan wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 2:23 am
Muslija will probably play for Kosova. I think he was talking with them last month or so. Hadergjonaj officially got Kosovo citizenship, big upgrade for them.

Looks like Hysaj will be sold from Napoli. I think Inter and Roma are interested.
Dermaku apparently has interest from Serie A teams. I guess I was wrong about him, maybe he's not that bad?
Whispers about Chelsea since the price tag got much lower, but Inter have been on the trail for a long time so that's probably gonna be where he goes.
Chelsea makes sense because of the Sarri connection and because Chelsea should be looking for hard working players since their lockeroom has been kinda cancerous. Problem is they have a transfer ban and can't register any new players this summer.
I was aware of the ban but sources suggest that the case for not allowing a push back of the appeal will be thrown out of CAS and they will get a summer window, hopefully. FIFA are probably gonna lengthen it out s long as possible so they don't get that window.
User avatar
artan
Posts: 1497
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:08 am
Contact:

Sun May 12, 2019 2:23 am

Gymcity is really putting together a good year for Atalanta (had an assist today). He started kinda slow this year but he's progressively been getting better for Atalanta this year and is starting regularly and in important matches now. Big jump considering last year he was playing for a poor side in Beneveto.

Who would have thought Atalanta would qualify for CL and finish above Inter, Milan, Roma and Lazio?

Ismajli is also apparently having a really good year for Hajduk Split and won't be surprised if he makes a jump to a bigger league.
User avatar
RedFootballs
Posts: 396
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:12 pm
Location: England
Team: QPR - Albania
Contact:

Sun May 12, 2019 12:14 pm

artan wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 2:23 am
Gymcity is really putting together a good year for Atalanta (had an assist today). He started kinda slow this year but he's progressively been getting better for Atalanta this year and is starting regularly and in important matches now. Big jump considering last year he was playing for a poor side in Beneveto.

Who would have thought Atalanta would qualify for CL and finish above Inter, Milan, Roma and Lazio?

Ismajli is also apparently having a really good year for Hajduk Split and won't be surprised if he makes a jump to a bigger league.
Exactly, when people were saying he should move to Besiktas earlier in the year I was incredibly surprised. He would have thrown away his career. Now he's consistently starting for a CL side in Serie A.

Rumours floating around that Strakosha will move at the end of this season because Lazio didn't even get EL football. Apparently he would have only stayed if they had gotten CL football. The Tottenham rumours seem like shit but if De Gea leaves Man U which after them being locked into EL is 100% possible, Strakosha could sneak a move to Manchester.

I'd like Ismajli to get a good move but I'm afraid he'll end up like Grezda in terms of his club situation if he gets injured when he does move.
Gerrard completely ostracised Grezda for no reason after he was injured nearly the whole season.
User avatar
Princ
Posts: 826
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:36 pm
Contact:

Sun May 12, 2019 4:55 pm

RedFootballs wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 12:14 pm
artan wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 2:23 am
Gymcity is really putting together a good year for Atalanta (had an assist today). He started kinda slow this year but he's progressively been getting better for Atalanta this year and is starting regularly and in important matches now. Big jump considering last year he was playing for a poor side in Beneveto.

Who would have thought Atalanta would qualify for CL and finish above Inter, Milan, Roma and Lazio?

Ismajli is also apparently having a really good year for Hajduk Split and won't be surprised if he makes a jump to a bigger league.
Exactly, when people were saying he should move to Besiktas earlier in the year I was incredibly surprised. He would have thrown away his career. Now he's consistently starting for a CL side in Serie A.

Rumours floating around that Strakosha will move at the end of this season because Lazio didn't even get EL football. Apparently he would have only stayed if they had gotten CL football. The Tottenham rumours seem like shit but if De Gea leaves Man U which after them being locked into EL is 100% possible, Strakosha could sneak a move to Manchester.

I'd like Ismajli to get a good move but I'm afraid he'll end up like Grezda in terms of his club situation if he gets injured when he does move.
Gerrard completely ostracised Grezda for no reason after he was injured nearly the whole season.
To be fair gerrard gave grezda many chances to prove himself.. I followed him a bit earlier on in the season and he couldn’t cut it at rangers but he’s still better than anything else we have at the position
User avatar
RedFootballs
Posts: 396
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:12 pm
Location: England
Team: QPR - Albania
Contact:

Sun May 12, 2019 5:47 pm

Princ wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 4:55 pm
RedFootballs wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 12:14 pm
artan wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 2:23 am
Gymcity is really putting together a good year for Atalanta (had an assist today). He started kinda slow this year but he's progressively been getting better for Atalanta this year and is starting regularly and in important matches now. Big jump considering last year he was playing for a poor side in Beneveto.

Who would have thought Atalanta would qualify for CL and finish above Inter, Milan, Roma and Lazio?

Ismajli is also apparently having a really good year for Hajduk Split and won't be surprised if he makes a jump to a bigger league.
Exactly, when people were saying he should move to Besiktas earlier in the year I was incredibly surprised. He would have thrown away his career. Now he's consistently starting for a CL side in Serie A.

Rumours floating around that Strakosha will move at the end of this season because Lazio didn't even get EL football. Apparently he would have only stayed if they had gotten CL football. The Tottenham rumours seem like shit but if De Gea leaves Man U which after them being locked into EL is 100% possible, Strakosha could sneak a move to Manchester.

I'd like Ismajli to get a good move but I'm afraid he'll end up like Grezda in terms of his club situation if he gets injured when he does move.
Gerrard completely ostracised Grezda for no reason after he was injured nearly the whole season.
To be fair gerrard gave grezda many chances to prove himself.. I followed him a bit earlier on in the season and he couldn’t cut it at rangers but he’s still better than anything else we have at the position
I strongly disagree. He was never fully fit and only had what, 8 starts? A 23-year-old moving to a foreign league where he can't speak English and arriving injured to boot should tell you to at least give him another season?
User avatar
artan
Posts: 1497
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:08 am
Contact:

Sun May 12, 2019 6:56 pm

Grezda does have some talent. Like you said he started off the season poorly because of injury and being out of form. He didn't look good for the NT either this year as well. I think next year he'll break into Rangers first team.

As for Strakosha he definitely has a possibility of making a move to one of the big clubs. He's had a good year and he's rated pretty highly. But that being said what big clubs are realistically looking for a new GK? PSG (Buffon will be leaving), United (if De Gea leaves), Juventus (I don't see Juve dishing out 40-50 million euros for Strakosha when they have Sczeny), Inter?

Maybe strakosha should stay another season.
User avatar
plisi
Posts: 156
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:26 am
Contact:

Sun May 12, 2019 7:35 pm

I can see Inter moving for Strakosha and IMO , he should leave if a better team comes knocking
ZenMaster
Posts: 669
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:50 pm
Team: Čukarički Stankom
Contact:

Sun May 12, 2019 7:36 pm

Strakosha should stay at Lazio because it will be extremely difficult to find a better club for himself. I don't think he has the right experience to make a big move to the likes of Man Utd and will be suicidal for his career. If a offer arrives from the likes Dortmund Napoli Porto would been a good career move but next step should be very careful.
Ha buke leshoooooooooo
User avatar
Aurora Bulkualis
Posts: 2846
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:24 pm
Location: Bulkustan
Team: Fc Bulku
Contact:

Sun May 12, 2019 7:38 pm

I honestly don't care what clubs goalies/defensive players play for, as long as it is a top league. We're not going to see an improvement either way. They are destroyers. What matters is only the level of competition. I'm only worried about midfielders/strikers.
John 14:6 "Bulku saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, De Biasi, but by me."
User avatar
Princ
Posts: 826
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:36 pm
Contact:

Sun May 12, 2019 7:48 pm

RedFootballs wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 5:47 pm
Princ wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 4:55 pm
RedFootballs wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 12:14 pm


Exactly, when people were saying he should move to Besiktas earlier in the year I was incredibly surprised. He would have thrown away his career. Now he's consistently starting for a CL side in Serie A.

Rumours floating around that Strakosha will move at the end of this season because Lazio didn't even get EL football. Apparently he would have only stayed if they had gotten CL football. The Tottenham rumours seem like shit but if De Gea leaves Man U which after them being locked into EL is 100% possible, Strakosha could sneak a move to Manchester.

I'd like Ismajli to get a good move but I'm afraid he'll end up like Grezda in terms of his club situation if he gets injured when he does move.
Gerrard completely ostracised Grezda for no reason after he was injured nearly the whole season.
To be fair gerrard gave grezda many chances to prove himself.. I followed him a bit earlier on in the season and he couldn’t cut it at rangers but he’s still better than anything else we have at the position
I strongly disagree. He was never fully fit and only had what, 8 starts? A 23-year-old moving to a foreign league where he can't speak English and arriving injured to boot should tell you to at least give him another season?
Grezda was given chances while he was fit but he isn’t on the level of rangers other attackers like kent or candeias..he was usually invisible when given the chance. Fit or unfit he will never be on the level of those 2.. gerrard has said himself rangers are stacked at attacking position so it will be hard for grezda to break into a spot
Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests