De Biasi : "There are no new good players!!!"

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

The main problem is that these players weren't born and raised in Albania or Kosova. If they were, they'd be more inclined.

If we were competent, we'd train our own players. Though players like Rakitic didn't hesitate to choose Croatia.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
artan

Aurora Bulkualis wrote:The main problem is that these players weren't born and raised in Albania or Kosova. If they were, they'd be more inclined.

If we were competent, we'd train our own players. Though players like Rakitic didn't hesitate to choose Croatia.
That's because Croatia has always had a strong NT since their formation as a country. At the time of his selection Croatia is and still is a better side than Switzerland.

It's different for us because until recently we've been a joke. You think players like Shaqiri who was labeled as the "Alpine Messi" would pick Albania who was ranked near 100 in the FIFA world rankings over Switzerland?
Dallku

Lol people don't want to admit it but Kosovars feel little to no connection with Albania and only play for us out of necessity.

Even De Biasi who's a freakin Italian can see this and said so. He also brought up the examples of Nuhiu and Besart Berisha. It's simple as that but people don't want to admit it.

Yes you can bring up Gjasula and bla bla but it's different. Gjasula knows this is his homeland regardless. Kosovars don't view Albania as their homeland and rightfully so btw. If I was a Kosovar I'd definitely feel no connection to Albania either.
Aurora Bulkualis

LedZep, there is a difference between Albania the state, and "Greater Albania". If some Kosovars see the NT as only representing the Albanian state, then I agree with you, but it depends on how they view the NT.

Don't forget Kosovars call themselves Albanian. "Kosovar" is not an ethnicity.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Our woman NT beat Greece i the last minutes. An emotional qualification. Kosova lost all three games , sad through as their GK was better than ours and made some great saves during last matches.
Plako
Team: Partizani

Simboli i Diellit wrote:Our woman NT beat Greece i the last minutes. An emotional qualification. Kosova lost all three games , sad through as their GK was better than ours and made some great saves during last matches.

This was just the qualification to the next round right? When is the draw?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Princ

Princ

even the rashica rrahmani players first choice was albania they only left coz they werent playing.. these xhaka abrashis would always play for switzerland if they could .. when switzerland doesnt want them they become big patriots
Dallku

Princ wrote: these xhaka abrashis would always play for switzerland if they could .. when switzerland doesnt want them they become big patriots

Funny thing is that they admitted it themselves on Swiss media. They love to manipulate Albanian fans considering how gullible they are.
Aurora Bulkualis

Looks like DB is serious about recruiting Ivan Balliu. This would be a big plus for him if he can pull this off. We desperately need a new LB. Agolli should retire, and Aliji has been off form for a long time.
  • Information