Israel v Albania 6/7/2017

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Leandro wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:05 pm Agree that we won despite GDB. Hysaj played back the entire game idk what u talking about him playing "up". He just ran up and helped. If Sadiku wasn't such a good shooter who knows how this match would go. We are lucky to have him.

f*** you haters!
Hysaj switched places with Roshi and Lila as RW. I like more the idea though of having Veseli as RB and Hysaj as RW. Roshi could play as LW with Aliji as LB.
Albanian Damien
Team: Kuq E Zi
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

artan wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:31 am
Albanian Damien wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:20 am The only fucked up part of this game is that now there's a great chance we finish in 3rd in our group. The Albanian media will declare this campaign another massive success and De Biasi will brag about how brilliantly he got us the best possible result in a group with Spain and Italy (which will technically be true but a massive overstatement..)

With all that said, at least we seem to be reaching new bottoms every season. As in, the lowest standard of quality we expect goes slightly up each campaign..
3rd place would be a success and we shouldn't be "tanking" on purpose. Getting 4th or 5th place would harm our seeding. We need to make sure we're not in some group of death for the Euro qualification.

Good part is that we seemed to bottom out and now we should be trending upwards as a team. We need to find a new winger to replace Hyka.
I mean, 3rd place is where we should be. I know it may sound spoiled considering our team's history but a team that qualified for the Eurocup should absolutely be ahead of Israel, Macedonia and Lichetenstein.

This campaign would only be success in my eyes if we get a W vs Italy or Spain. That would signify that this team has officially become a World Class one. But beating up Macedonia, Israel and Lichetenstein is what we're supposed to do. Which is why I am going to be upset at the parade of cocksucking that will surround GDB and co for doing the bare minimum they're expected to do..
Dallku

^ Meh... you need incredible luck to win and even draw vs Italy.

Spain is just a bad matchup so I consider it impossible. We have very slow players who play relaxed and that falls right into Spain's hands. Even Macedonia and Israel matchup with Spain 10x better than Albania does. It's not because they are better but the type of players and style you have matters.
andi2410

Plako wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:03 pm
andi2410 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:45 pm Am I allowed to open this? Or do we have too many superstitious people here?

Maybe there's like a sacred ritual I should be following. I'll sacrifice a goat or something.
We need to appease the football gods. They have abandoned us.

Israel 2-0 Albania. Good bye GDB.
Prepare yourself for the wrath of Yahweh :)

Wish you bring us good luck and we only lose 1-0 ;)
I guess I'll be opening every game thread from now on :rrokullisem:

My take on the game: probably one of the more impressive wins we have ever achieved on the road. Everyone seems to always hate on Kukeli, but I actually thought was very very good today. He's the link between defense and midfield and his composure, accurate passing and general calmness on the ball is something we have never had from that position. Hyka was also a nice change from our typical wingers who always lose the ball trying to be special. Hysaj was a beast. His run back to deny the attacker inside the box at the end of the game was epic. Also, it is nice to finally have a striker who is actually good at his job. Sadiku is very underrated in my opinion. If Memushaj was less selfish, Sadiku would have easily had a hat-trick.

Four games remain. I think if we can somehow manage to get 6 points out of those 4, it will be a decent campaign. 3 are guaranteed with Lichtenstein, but a win in Macedonia will be tough. It's gonna be a hostile environment.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Andi what if we lose against Liechteinstein and Macedonia? People here aren't that superstitious :D Just go ahead and open the Liechtenstein topic :flag:
Plako
Team: Partizani

andi2410 wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:58 pm
I guess I'll be opening every game thread from now on :rrokullisem:
You damn right you are dude, this is the most impressive thread opening ever. Keep up the good work :gezuar:
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

What I like about guys like Strakosha and Hysaj is that they're very humble even though they're playing for top teams. Hysaj started his career in the muddy fields of Albania, and his emigrant father working in construction got him an opportunity, and he has never looked back.

Strakosha has his old man to keep his ego in check, unlike Abedini. He even says when everyone else is praising him, Foto is criticising his game. That's what youth needs, not an idiot who wants to relive his lost youth through his son.

Januzaj is much more naturally talented than those two, but instead of being humble and keeping his head down, he and his father got burned by the real world quickly and fast. Those two need a dose of:

tvTRZJ-4EyI
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Pjetër

Abedin is the Albanian Lavar Ball lmao
Dallku

Pjetër wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:52 am Abedin is the Albanian Lavar Ball lmao

Haha yeah but Abedin disappeared real quick. Never heard of him after he chose Belgium. He had great entertainment potential.
andi2410

Abedini was the Lavar Ball of alb football.
  • Information