Potential NT Scouting Database

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

What the f*** is up with these names man....Albanians remind me of black people that put random syllables that sound black to come up with names. Use any combination of syllables as long as it sounds Albanian.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
artan

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:41 am What the f*** is up with these names man....Albanians remind me of black people that put random syllables that sound black to come up with names. Use any combination of syllables as long as it sounds Albanian.

Alessandro Ahmetaj :zgerdhimje: :zgerdhimje:
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

I’m quite sure Kosova is after him but in case why not? At a scout website here in Italy Leon Dajaku is highly rated and at transfermarkt aswell https://www.transfermarkt.it/leon-dajak ... ler/483974
Plako
Team: Partizani

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:41 am What the f*** is up with these names man....Albanians remind me of black people that put random syllables that sound black to come up with names. Use any combination of syllables as long as it sounds Albanian.
In Albania yes but Alessandro and Massimiliano are typical Italian names and is these guys are Italian born I can't blame them.
Simboli i Diellit

Plako wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:36 pm
In Albania yes but Alessandro and Massimiliano are typical Italian names and is these guys are Italian born I can't blame them.
Marash Kumbulla was born in Italy aswell 7 years after his parents came here. I think they named him after his grandfather typical malesor tradition, my cousin named his son this year after my great grandfather : Martin . To me names like Panajot, Thimo , Dhimiter, Christopher , Heinz or Van Basten are more weird. Maks (Massimiliano) and Aleksander(Alessandro) are common names through albanian catholics , you'll find 50-60 years oldies with those names, if someone is born Italy it's quite normal unlike those in Greece who not only get Greek names but also change their surname. Only albanians from Kosove are traditional about names wich i like a lot. In my family last 4 generations it's only me that has a typical "albanian kosovar" name, strange but the other names even greatgrandfathers are quite modern .
Plako

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:20 pmMarash Kumbulla was born in Italy aswell 7 years after his parents came here. I think they named him after his grandfather typical malesor tradition, my cousin named his son this year after my great grandfather : Martin . To me names like Panajot, Thimo , Dhimiter, Christopher , Heinz or Van Basten are more weird. Maks (Massimiliano) and Aleksander(Alessandro) are common names through albanian catholics , you'll find 50-60 years oldies with those names, if someone is born Italy it's quite normal unlike those in Greece who not only get Greek names but also change their surname. Only albanians from Kosove are traditional about names wich i like a lot. In my family last 4 generations it's only me that has a typical "albanian kosovar" name, strange but the other names even greatgrandfathers are quite modern .
Thimo, Panajot and Dhimiter are typical Albanian Orthodox names. Our best ever footballer was named Panajot :flag:

Van Basten is from another planet though : :zgerdhimje:
Simboli i Diellit

Plako wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:26 pm
Thimo, Panajot and Dhimiter are typical Albanian Orthodox names. Our best ever footballer was named Panajot :flag:

Hahah was just explaining a point of view 😁 European names (well also probably from religious influence) were common in Albania since our oldest records like Gjon Buzuku, Pjeter Bogdani , Frang Bardhi, Nikolla Muriqi, Gaspare Thaci, Ernesto Çoba, Marino Gjini, Bernardino Shllaku, Robert Ashka ... Only during comunism there was a strict control on how you could name your children. They did it mostly to clean the religious influence on naming children. I recall from stories they told me there was a liberalization on those rules back in the late 70s ...
Plako

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:18 pm
Plako wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:26 pm

Hahah was just explaining a point of view 😁 European names (well also probably from religious influence) were common in Albania since our oldest records like Gjon Buzuku, Pjeter Bogdani , Frang Bardhi, Nikolla Muriqi, Gaspare Thaci, Ernesto Çoba, Marino Gjini, Bernardino Shllaku, Robert Ashka ... Only during comunism there was a strict control on how you could name your children. They did it mostly to clean the religious influence on naming children. I recall from stories they told me there was a liberalization on those rules back in the late 70s ...
Well Thim &, Panajot are also European names :)

And all those names you mentioned are Albanianised version of Italian names, not very different from Dhimiter or Panajot.
Migjeni
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Talking about names, who can explain why the f*** Rey Manaj is called Rey? - I only thought Puerto Ricans were called Rey.
Kafshatë që s'kapërdihet asht, or vlla, mjerimi..
artan

Migjeni wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:38 pm Talking about names, who can explain why the f*** Rey Manaj is called Rey? - I only thought Puerto Ricans were called Rey.
Maybe it's short for Rexhep :D
  • Information