Potential NT Scouting Database

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:28 pm Why would Panorama randomly remember Kasami out of nowhere when we haven't heard his name for years and pinpoint exact UEFA rules? There's obviously something going on.

And yeah Oscar is different. No connection to China, and he's already capped at a major tournament.
I thought the same thing but frankly reading the section of the rulebook which Panorama refer to it clearly says the player must not have been capped anymore than 3 times, as well as not gone to World Cup or a Euros or been called in the last 3 years.
RedFootballs

The only thing I can think of is that they have some sort of precedent which nullifies this specific part of the rulebook and therefore he can change fulfilling other criteria.
artan

It seems like the new rules have some rules in place that if a player is out of favor with their current NT they might be eligible to switch. I have no clue how this is determined but in Kasami's case he hasn't been called up since 2016 so clearly in that regards he's out of favor. This would be my best argument for a switch for Kasami but it's still a long shot to switch (that's if Kasami is even interested) since he's features in several qualifiers. I'd be happy to have him though.

I also see some people compare Munir to Bajrami. I think the big difference in the two is that Munir's parents immigrated to Spain from Morocco thus meeting the birth requirement test of a parent/grandparent. This is a bit muddier in Bajrami's case as he probably does not have a parent/grandparent born in Albania. If FIFA starts to enforce this rule stricter after their rule changes then we might lose out on him. I think previously the FSHF would claim Kosovar players had a grandparent from Kukes or something like that (or that was just a meme we used). I would also argue that it's similar to Kamberi but Kamberi's paperwork was done in 2019 before FIFA's rule changes. I still think Bajrami ends up playing for us.
RedFootballs

artan wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:54 pm It seems like the new rules have some rules in place that if a player is out of favor with their current NT they might be eligible to switch. I have no clue how this is determined but in Kasami's case he hasn't been called up since 2016 so clearly in that regards he's out of favor. This would be my best argument for a switch for Kasami but it's still a long shot to switch (that's if Kasami is even interested) since he's features in several qualifiers. I'd be happy to have him though.

I also see some people compare Munir to Bajrami. I think the big difference in the two is that Munir's parents immigrated to Spain from Morocco thus meeting the birth requirement test of a parent/grandparent. This is a bit muddier in Bajrami's case as he probably does not have a parent/grandparent born in Albania. If FIFA starts to enforce this rule stricter after their rule changes then we might lose out on him. I think previously the FSHF would claim Kosovar players had a grandparent from Kukes or something like that (or that was just a meme we used). I would also argue that it's similar to Kamberi but Kamberi's paperwork was done in 2019 before FIFA's rule changes. I still think Bajrami ends up playing for us.
We are a country that gives citizenship to any football player that wants to play for Albania even random Spanjol from LaLiga2 so I'm sure it will not be a problem to forge some paperwork for Nedim Bajrami.< In all indications I can't see how Kasami moves to Albania under rules cited so in court they will likely use some kind of precedent from previous FIFA switches
artan

RedFootballs wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:03 pm
artan wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:54 pm It seems like the new rules have some rules in place that if a player is out of favor with their current NT they might be eligible to switch. I have no clue how this is determined but in Kasami's case he hasn't been called up since 2016 so clearly in that regards he's out of favor. This would be my best argument for a switch for Kasami but it's still a long shot to switch (that's if Kasami is even interested) since he's features in several qualifiers. I'd be happy to have him though.

We are a country that gives citizenship to any football player that wants to play for Albania even random Spanjol from LaLiga2 so I'm sure it will not be a problem to forge some paperwork for Nedim Bajrami.< In all indications I can't see how Kasami moves to Albania under rules cited so in court they will likely use some kind of precedent from previous FIFA switches
Balliu made the switch back in 2017 and may have even had a grandparent born in Albania. What I'm saying is that if FIFA decides to crackdown harder on this issue after the rule changes last September we might lose out on Bajrami. It would put us in a really unfortunate spot.
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:28 pm Why would Panorama randomly remember Kasami out of nowhere when we haven't heard his name for years and pinpoint exact UEFA rules? There's obviously something going on.

And yeah Oscar is different. No connection to China, and he's already capped at a major tournament.
For clickbait purposes, Albania is poor country when it comes to sport activities especially outside weekends it difficult to create enough content so that's why they fill mostly their space with gossip news and gold diggers. Probably one of their "journalists," have read "new rules" and has concluded even Kasami is eligible for national team so why not invent such story? Kasami is good looking dude who had an affair with Nichole Scherzinger so they can make dozens articles about his affairs or friendship with the likes Borriello or about relationship his ex-agent Mino Raiola. FSHF will not deny anything, it is in their interest to look like they are "working" on something.
Kuqaloshi maoist
RedFootballs

ZenMaster wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:25 pm

For clickbait purposes, Albania is poor country when it comes to sport activities especially outside weekends it difficult to create enough content so that's why they fill mostly their space with gossip news and gold diggers. Probably one of their "journalists," have read "new rules" and has concluded even Kasami is eligible for national team so why not invent such story? Kasami is good looking dude who had an affair with Nichole Scherzinger so they can make dozens articles about his affairs or friendship with the likes Borriello or about relationship his ex-agent Mino Raiola. FSHF will not deny anything, it is in their interest to look like they are "working" on something.
As much as I'm begging for this story to be true I agree with Zen after reading rulebook. There is almost no way Kasami can move to Albania` with the exception of some crazy unknown legal precedent. There have been many similar stories to this before of rumoured moves to Albanian NT, none came true.
RedFootballs

artan wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:12 pm
RedFootballs wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:03 pm

Balliu made the switch back in 2017 and may have even had a grandparent born in Albania. What I'm saying is that if FIFA decides to crackdown harder on this issue after the rule changes last September we might lose out on Bajrami. It would put us in a really unfortunate spot.
I don't think we will find it a problem. Whilst FIFA may have their own ideas, CAS operates on legal precedents FIFA have set and will surely find in our favour if we don't find it a problem to make documents up. I bet Bajrami probably has a grandparent from Albania anyway, 'Nedim' is corruption of common Albanian and Arabic names.
artan

http://www.panorama.com.al/sport/nuk-ka ... rfaqesoje/

Best of luck to him I suppose. He'll come back in 3 years lol
RedFootballs

artan wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:02 pm http://www.panorama.com.al/sport/nuk-ka ... rfaqesoje/

Best of luck to him I suppose. He'll come back in 3 years lol
Tbh sometimes I kind of think it's better these Kosovar-Albanian prospects tryto play for their country of birth's NT in Europe rather than instantly pick. The Kosova switch hype is dying down every day and the longer they take, the more it increases the chance that they will pick Albania, given we put in a good showing this campaign.
  • Information