Albanian National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

artan

artan wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:12 pm
Dallku wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:01 pm Looking at Aliji's ig it seems like he retired from football lol. Don't know what's up but no club at all?? He's not even THAT bad. At least he's better than Hysen Memolla.

Rest of the list is what you'd expect. Don't expect much from Ajdarevic. He can't even make the squad for his Greek club.
Aliji feel off a cliff or something. At Basel he looked promising and was getting tons of playing time as a 18-19 year old. Hopefully, he can go through the same revival path as Ajeti.

I'm just puzzled with Ramadani. I think he might have a decent future but the guy is playing in the second Danish division, let him prove himself next year when he's playing in the First Danish league. Kosova must have shown interest or something. Ramadani's team has quite a few young Albanian players that might be somewhat decent. Maybe we should poach them for the U-21.

But this is a friendly and now is the time to tinker with callups and lineups.
http://www.panorama.com.al/sport/dashur ... en-kuqezi/

And those two players who area teammates of Ramadani have both been called up by our U-21. The younger one seems to be talented especially. Good job by our our scouring unit! They're finally learning to poach them young.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Those two seem promissing . Fact is that the NT has broken the impossible by qualifying for the Euro’s . From now on we have good chances in being in the Europeans every final and that can attract many diaspora kids who used to think Albania will never qualify for anything. Also keep saying that most of the talents are from Kosove and the FA has to approach them before they become someone at the stage when even Kosova would want them which would raise competition between the two.
Simboli i Diellit

Shkelqim Demhasaj is the next player to get capped for our NT. He has scored 7 goals in 16 games this season for Luzern.
artan

^^ Nice capup. He's only 21 as well and doing well in a decent league. He's a giant as well.

Our U-21 apparently called up Edon Zhegova. He's an 18 year old winger playing in the Belgium league and just scored a nice goal recently as well. I try not to hype up young Albanian players but he seems really talented and should be ready for the NT by next year. I'm surprised we were able to snatch him up (Stole him from Kosova lol)..
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/edon-zh ... ler/496857

Our federation has been spot on since the departure of Gianni Di Biasi. I don't know who the person is behind the new recruitment (especially among the youth levels) but kudos to that guy. These guys are starting to think about the future.
Simboli i Diellit

Probably just the vacum left by Bunjaku , the total demoralizzation of ending last of Kosova combined with the chances we have for qualifying next euros . Zhegrova seems a good prospect indeed!
artan

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:58 pm Probably just the vacum left by Bunjaku , the total demoralizzation of ending last of Kosova combined with the chances we have for qualifying next euros . Zhegrova seems a good prospect indeed!
Also helps that he's a winger. Lots of competition in the Kosova NT for that winger spot.. Rashica, Zeneli, Valon & Bernard Berisha, Celina, Avdijaj, etc.

But it's nice to see the FSHF aren't afraid of approaching Kosovar talents. I assumed they had some type of agreement not to poach each others players unless the player wasn't talented (Aliti for example).
Simboli i Diellit

artan wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:19 pm
But it's nice to see the FSHF aren't afraid of approaching Kosovar talents. I assumed they had some type of agreement not to poach each others players unless the player wasn't talented (Aliti for example).
Fidan Aliti is one of the few ho has played both Albania and Kosova. Not good enough for Albania but decent sub for Kosova. Any agreement they had between De Biasi and Bunjaku or between Duka and Vokrri doesn’t matter atm. I think Kosova hasn’t shown interest probably in neither of the two guys approached so far . Our FA is better organizzed to get diaspora players than Kosova atm, they don’t even have a manager yet.
Plako
Team: Partizani

artan wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:45 pmOur U-21 apparently called up Edon Zhegova. He's an 18 year old winger playing in the Belgium league and just scored a nice goal recently as well. I try not to hype up young Albanian players but he seems really talented and should be ready for the NT by next year. I'm surprised we were able to snatch him up (Stole him from Kosova lol)..

Mate, you can't steal what's yours :)
artan

artan wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:45 pm ^^ Nice capup. He's only 21 as well and doing well in a decent league. He's a giant as well.

Our U-21 apparently called up Edon Zhegova. He's an 18 year old winger playing in the Belgium league and just scored a nice goal recently as well. I try not to hype up young Albanian players but he seems really talented and should be ready for the NT by next year. I'm surprised we were able to snatch him up (Stole him from Kosova lol)..

Our federation has been spot on since the departure of Gianni Di Biasi. I don't know who the person is behind the new recruitment (especially among the youth levels) but kudos to that guy. These guys are starting to think about the future.

Well, Panucci has just called him up to the Senior Team for our friendly vs Norway, he's gonna skip the U-21 altogether. Good move. This kid is really talented as has been playing really well for Genk lately. Easily more talented than any winger we have currently despite his age. We got a steal.

I also have to note this move wouldn't have happened under Di Biasi after 2014.
Simboli i Diellit

It seems too good to be true as some voices from Kosova’s fa said he won’t switch. In his interview he says he hasn’t decided yet but that has got an invitation from both Albanian Nt and Kosova U21. The fact that Kosova doesn’t have a coatch damages them in this aspect althrough they’re filled with fast tecnical wingers.
  • Information