Albanian National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Plako
Team: Partizani

Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:13 pm

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:40 pm I honestly don't care about Rashica. My only hangups are Xhaka, Mustafi and Bardhi. Even Shaqiri/Januzaj turned out to be mediocre.
C'mon dude, Shaqiri may be mediocre by Bayern/Inter standards but he's been the best Swiss player for quite some time now and they have qualifed for all the Euros and WCs during his years. He would be such a luxury player for us, like Mkhitaryan for Armenia and honestly I don't think we'd know what to do with him and he'd have lost out on all those tournaments.

As for Rashica, ok he's not a world beater but when you bring in Andi fukcing Lila in from the Greek league, I don't see how you can leave Rashica out. He'd definitely be an upgrade over what we have. Grezda and Rashica on the flanks would be ideal. But I guess we have to do with Roshi now, a barely 20 minute player.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:33 am

Seems like Besir Demiri will get called as LB for the upcoming games at Nations league against Scotland and Israel.
Dallku

Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:31 pm

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:33 am Seems like Besir Demiri will get called as LB for the upcoming games at Nations league against Scotland and Israel.
If he's 24 and could barely ever play for Macedonia what good is he?

This looks like a terrible addition. Getting Macedonia rejects is beyond embarrassing.

If you're that desperate for a LB then call up Mici or something.
artan

Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:45 pm

Dallku wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:31 pm
Simboli i Diellit wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:33 am Seems like Besir Demiri will get called as LB for the upcoming games at Nations league against Scotland and Israel.
If he's 24 and could barely ever play for Macedonia what good is he?

This looks like a terrible addition. Getting Macedonia rejects is beyond embarrassing.

If you're that desperate for a LB then call up Mici or something.
I don't think Demiri will be anything better than Memolla but he's probably a better call up then Mici as there's more of a upside with him.

It just seems weird that we go after random players in the depths of Europe but don't touch the Swiss players. I guess they have some gentlemen's agreement with Switzerland.
Simboli i Diellit

Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:53 pm

Indeed Mici and Demiri aren’t that big of addition but Demiri seems ok with good chances of transfering to western european leagues as his team is playing EL qualifications and has been a starter since his transfer this febbruary for his team in Ukraine.

He might be better than Aliji or Memolla considering the level they play and the fact that Demiri has international games experience.

Like Artan says it seems that our FA isn’t willingn to snatch any player from the Swiss . There are a couple of them who could do wonders for us considering the injuries our players picked up this season . We have to consider also that they’d prefer staying at Swiss U20 than playing for us or the Kosova alternative is up there .

Players like Florent Hadergjonaj would’ve resolved our issue.
Deni

Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:49 am

Arton Zekaj made his debute for Lille in Ligue 1. Its weird he played for the Serbian youth teams and was their captained but we should still try and approach him along with Meritan Shabani of Bayern and Rexhbecaj of Wolfsburg.

All these guys are long shots but worth a try.
Deni

Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:56 am

Also what happen to Valdet Rama ? Man that guy was interesting to watch and used to light up defenses, i feel like he deserves another call up.
Simboli i Diellit

Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:23 am

Deni wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:49 am Arton Zekaj made his debute for Lille in Ligue 1. Its weird he played for the Serbian youth teams and was their captained but we should still try and approach him along with Meritan Shabani of Bayern and Rexhbecaj of Wolfsburg.

Just saw that Zekaj is from those albanians of Vojvodine. Most of those guys don’t speak albanian. I don’t see how he could play for us at all, actually i fail to comprehend how he can play for Serbia and how Serbs did call him. Guy must be very good .
Simboli i Diellit

Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:38 am

Deni wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:56 am Also what happen to Valdet Rama ? Man that guy was interesting to watch and used to light up defenses, i feel like he deserves another call up.
I feel that Valdeti’s career went downhill as soon as he joined our NT. He is without club and was “playing” in China with a relegation team last season. I don’t see how he could contribute more than Grezda. Pity though, the guy had a lot of talent and could take players 1on1 but lacked ideas an the last 10 meters during his runs.
artan

Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:08 pm

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:23 am
Deni wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:49 am Arton Zekaj made his debute for Lille in Ligue 1. Its weird he played for the Serbian youth teams and was their captained but we should still try and approach him along with Meritan Shabani of Bayern and Rexhbecaj of Wolfsburg.

Just saw that Zekaj is from those albanians of Vojvodine. Most of those guys don’t speak albanian. I don’t see how he could play for us at all, actually i fail to comprehend how he can play for Serbia and how Serbs did call him. Guy must be very good .
I think Zekaj's family is originally from Kosovo. His dad probably worked in Belgrade since the Yugo days and stayed ever since. Many Albanians from Kosovo and Macedonia used to work in Belgrade and other parts of Yugoslavia before the split up.

But if he plays for Serbia that's just disrespectful to yourself. Their fans already treat players like Ljajic poorly I can't imagine how they'd treat a Kosovar Albanian...
  • Information