Albanian National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Albanian Damien wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:46 pm All the more reason to play in League D. We are not qualifying for WC outright either. If things change in the next 2 years, we're basically guranteed a WC playoff spot.
We’ll be facing the Likes of Slovenia , Cyprus, Lithuania , Estonia, Azerbaigian and Armenia. If we had topped the group we’d have had good chances of a WC Qgroup we had with the Swiss, Norway and Iceland....
Albanian Damien
Team: Kuq E Zi
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:10 am
Albanian Damien wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:46 pm All the more reason to play in League D. We are not qualifying for WC outright either. If things change in the next 2 years, we're basically guranteed a WC playoff spot.
We’ll be facing the Likes of Slovenia , Cyprus, Lithuania , Estonia, Azerbaigian and Armenia. If we had topped the group we’d have had good chances of a WC Qgroup we had with the Swiss, Norway and Iceland....
That's right around our level of competition. We can top them. The Swiss and Icelanders would smack us around in our current form.

Kosova might surpass within the next two years. The diaspora players are going to start playing for them:
artan

Even Cana stated before the game that the team needs new blood in it and that the majority of the team is still the same from the European qualification team

"Janë shumë faktorë, pas një suksesi të madh, ka një periudhë kur skuadra duhet të rimblidhet. Shumica e ekipit që ka qenë në Europian, është pjekur dhe mund të japë akoma. Të rinjve i duhet ende kohë. Në këtë format si Liga e Kombeve, koha nuk të lejon të presësh, por i duhet lënë pak mundësi djemve të rinj. Pritshmëritë janë rritur, por tani ka edhe një presion më të madh."

If FSHF aren't interested in recruiting kosovar diaspora players than I suggest them to call up Asani, Trashi, maybe even Bardhi (he plays as a false nine for Partizani) from Partizani. Mucolli and Seferi from the U21 as well. Are all these guys NT material? Probably not but if we can test them out and find out that 1-2 are NT material than that's a success. That's what Di Biasi did until he found a starting 11 that we could win with (Di Biasi called up something like 30 new players during his first 4 years..)
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Today is Vrioni’s birthday. Guy got capped at least althrough no threat from Italy to cap him unlike other Albos in Switzerland or Greece.

Fiorin Durmisaj might move to Blackburn Rovers.
Plako
Team: Partizani

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:02 am Today is Vrioni’s birthday. Guy got capped at least althrough no threat from Italy to cap him unlike other Albos in Switzerland or Greece.
Pleas, what threat? He plays for a relegation team in Serie B.
Dallku

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:01 am

I liked his first touch as well. He was controlling fast, long passes easily.
Yup I noticed that too. The ball was gluing to this guy. That's key.

He plays 100 miles per hour and I was impressed with his stamina too.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

I also liked Lilaj as always. Even the commentators said so after he was brought in. But every time he plays we always lose. I'm not sure I want to put that on him, just something I noticed.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Princ

From these last games a big thing we can learn is how much we have missed Roshi. Literally our only hope along with grezda. Kace too
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Princ wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:47 am From these last games a big thing we can learn is how much we have missed Roshi. Literally our only hope along with grezda. Kace too
Uzuni did way better than any of them. We were missing Sadiku to finish off those chances. Balaj doesn't know the basics of football. All he had is power, with no accuracy.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
artan

Sadiku is the key miss because he would score some amazing goals for the NT out of nowhere. The two strikes vs Israel, that long range shot against Macedonia, the goals against Turkey.. Not some tap in BS like Balaj who needs the ball served to him perfectly for him to put in on frame. He's been very good for the NT and our best player before the injury.

I also think Guri would have buried one of the chances. Guri is a decent striker and he's not a negative like Balaj. I'm not even sure Guri didn't even get called up when Balaj and Vrioni both were getting lot of playing time.
  • Information