Albanian National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

artan

Migjeni wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:33 pm Not always true, though.
Some of the players who have chosen Kosova could have played for other teams.

- Arbër Zeneli would easily have been called up for Sweden.
- Valon Berisha was part of the Norwegian NT.
- Ibrahim Dreshaj (Dresevic) would also have had quite a big opportunity to be called up by Sweden.
- Hadergjonaj did get is Swiss debut for the NT. He might have gotten another shot, if he had waited.
- Celina would easily have been called up for the Norwegian NT.
- Herolind Shala was called up by both the Albanian and the Norwegian u21, but he chose the Albanian.
- Don't know regarding Rashani. He might have been able to be called up by Norway.
- Mirlind Kryeziu didn't wait and said yes to Kosova instantly.

There might be others, but I can't remember them as for right now.

Also, I think that many things are involved in us losing players. Part of the blame is FSHF and Duka. He's a corrupt piece of shit. Part of the blame can be put on some of the players, who have wanted to play for more consolidated NT.
-Muric was gonna be called up to the Montenegrin NT but they are honestly one of the worst teams in Europe right now
-Muriqi played for the Albania U21 and even had interest from Turkey. Would probably be called up right now if he waited
-Rrahamani and Rashica obviously for Albania..
-Loret Sadiku (if he's ever eligible) for Sweden and Albania
Dallku

All you guys prove is that all these players treat national teams like clubs and go anywhere where there is a better opportunity to play and succeed. It shouldn't be considered a bad thing though. Nationalism shouldn't be confused with career. Each player should look after himself first.

Valon Berisha is the ONLY one who made a "patriotic" move by leaving Norway. I'm not sure if he was a guaranteed starter for Norway but he had a decent amount of caps. You need to realize that it's easier leaving a shit team like Norway than Switzerland for example so take his "sacrifice" with a grain of salt. He's more loved playing for Kosovo and equally as recognized as playing for Norway. No difference in results or anything.

Celina, Kryeziu, Shala, Dreshaj., Rashani etc.. had no chance of playing another nation. You guys are talking shit and trying to convince yourselves. These are all low level players. Zeneli is decent and maybe in the future he could've played another nation but that's would've been a waiting game and as a player he popped off after choosing Kosovo.

Hadergjonaj is the only one who had a semi-realistic chance to play for another nation(especially when he played in the EPL last year) and that's why he literally waited YEARS for them. the Swiss ignored him and now that his club got relegated and he personally didn't elevate he finally settled for Kosovo.

Rrahmani, Rashica went to Kosovo after Albania rejected to take them to the Euros... We all know what happened there. Loret Sadiku tried to change FAs 3 times... nothing more needs to be said.
Migjeni
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

^^ Moti s'ke shkru' aq gjate.

Shume eshte ka t'djeg :rrokullisem:
Kafshatë që s'kapërdihet asht, or vlla, mjerimi..
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Does anyone give a shit about national team football anymore? Ajeti won MOTM at the EUROs, and he can't even find a club.

Most people that were scouted from NTs turn out to be busts or just don't like up to hype like every Mexican ever or Rodriguez.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Albanian Damien
Team: Kuq E Zi

We have to keep scouting diaspora though because Superliga is trash. Arguably, the most corrupt league in the world. Which is why again I say Olayinka is trash. He scored 1 goal every other game on a team that was literally banned a decade for fixing matches. I am not impressed whatsoever. Rej Manaj is worlds above him as a player.
Princ

Maybe on a different planet lol.. I’m a fan of manaj he’s fit and all but he’s not on the level. He gives his all and that’s all we can really ask but doesn’t offer much else. Superliga is shit but they’ve still produced some decent players over the years, you can’t base your opinion on a player just on that alone and some boxscore stats, you’ve got to actually watch them play to understand
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Problem with Manaj is that he is not a goalscorer. He misses some easy chances that even Bakaj, Salihi and co could easily seal. He is good at holding up possession and create for others but doesn’t have that killer end finish you expect from a striker . He is young and athletically can help a lot by running, pressing and recovering ball and that’s a plus considering the competition he has with Balaj who only can score with headers or Cikalleshi that keeps shooting every ball even from midfield. Meanwhile everyone can keep dreaming Broja will become something big. I’m expecting a deep renew during next WC qualifiers.
Albanian Damien
Team: Kuq E Zi

I wasn't saying Manaj is a great goal scorer. I am saying he's better than Olayinka. I will never rate someone who played for the most corrupt team in European history.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Albanian Damien wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:31 pm I wasn't saying Manaj is a great goal scorer. I am saying he's better than Olayinka. I will never rate someone who played for the most corrupt team in European history.
Skenderbeu was corrupt and sold games but when they needed to win they won. None of the UEFA cup playoffs was allegedly fixed , they beat the hell of our local teams . Then Olyianka was in his prime 20s and he has developed more in Belgium/Czech Rep.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Almost all our players are trash tbh. Strakosha was the only one I had hopes for, and he single handedly fucked up our qualifying chances against Turkey with his blunder.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
  • Information