Albanian National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Lord Kallaku called up

"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
artan

So the players who attended Roshi’s wedding will be suspended for these matches. Hysaj, Balaj, Cikaleshi and Sadiku.

Should give an opportunity for other players.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

artan wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:48 pm So the players who attended Roshi’s wedding will be suspended for these matches. Hysaj, Balaj, Cikaleshi and Sadiku.

Should give an opportunity for other players.
Indeed this is a good chance to try new players . Like a blessing in disguise . Marko Molla also called from Reja, he has potential and soon might take Strakosha’s spot or at least we’ll be set for the goalie position for a while.
Klejdi1023

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:48 am
Klejdi1023 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:35 am The truth is that we will NEVER reach even a Poland or Ukraine level as long as we keep calling those amateurs.
We’ll reach their level only if they downgrade not because we’ll call our best players. They both have 10x our population and traditionally have been good in football. They’ve teams playing in CHL/EL every year and their best players are starters for their teams. We will at best come close to Danish, Sweden, Czech, Austria level playing our best diaspora players. Basically we could only aim being a third pot team.
Population doesn’t matter that much though. Look at Croatia, they only have 4 million people and their diaspora is nowhere near as big as ours, yet they’ve basically reached elite level. We’ve got to aim higher than a pot 3 team. Our diaspora and with improving infrastructure in Albania, there should be no reason why we can’t become a pot 2 team in the next decade or so.
artan

Klejdi1023 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:14 pm
Simboli i Diellit wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:48 am
Klejdi1023 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:35 am The truth is that we will NEVER reach even a Poland or Ukraine level as long as we keep calling those amateurs.
We’ll reach their level only if they downgrade not because we’ll call our best players. They both have 10x our population and traditionally have been good in football. They’ve teams playing in CHL/EL every year and their best players are starters for their teams. We will at best come close to Danish, Sweden, Czech, Austria level playing our best diaspora players. Basically we could only aim being a third pot team.
Population doesn’t matter that much though. Look at Croatia, they only have 4 million people and their diaspora is nowhere near as big as ours, yet they’ve basically reached elite level. We’ve got to aim higher than a pot 3 team. Our diaspora and with improving infrastructure in Albania, there should be no reason why we can’t become a pot 2 team in the next decade or so.
Without quality domestic players being developed it's gonna be hard. We've had diaspora talent over the past 10 years make up for the lack of domestic players or else we'd be a tier below of what we were (like Azerbaijan). There looks to be signs that domestic player development is improving and it seems like the academies have been increasing. I also hope the scouting networks to Croatia increases as well as others in Hungary and Turkey get established (these two countries seem like countries that are interested in Albanian players).

I also think the Superliga sucks so bad is also because the teams in Tirana have been terrible over the past 10 years and when you consider that Tirana has nearly 40 % of the Albanian population it's kinda shocking. Mismanagement and unprofessionalism has been rampant. I'm not sure how this gets improved.
CanaYouDoIt

Full team list is out , it’s time we play guys like Kallaku , Selahi and Bare together vs these small teams and guys play them off the park . We have not had a midfield that technical in a while
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Lenjani, Memolla are back. Kamberi , Seferi and Kallaku are the good additions. Considering we’re gonna play Armenia in a useless friendly , then Kazakhstan and Lithuania i’m expecting all players to play. Give them all a chance. These are useless games anyway.
Dallku

Looks like Ramadani can't even cope in the Danish league. He was immediately benched in the 1st game, benched in the 2nd and totally dropped in the 3rd. LOL.. Horrific player but unfortunately he's not the only one in this list. There are many amateurs in it.

Reja said that Hysaj wasn't dropped for disciplinary reasons but because Napoli asked him to for covid reasons. Balaj and Cika dropped because their time is up and now they are building a team for Euro 24. Roshi injured.
artan

Ramadani isn't even the best Albanian on his squad (Mucolli is). Not sure why Mucolli isn't called up since he was a good talent at the U21 level and a bigger talent than the Albanian Pogba. Even the other Albanian on their squad Hetemi seems okay. I guess Ramadani is cover at the defensive mid position or Gjasula's spot.

Glad to see Kamberi called up. I'm excited to see what he can bring. Not expecting any goals but he seems athletic and a decent dribbler. I want to see a Uzuini - Kamberi partnership. Let Uzuini be a free roaming supporting striker.

I also guess were gonna see Doka at RWB. He's been pretty good in Croatia this year so I think he'll be okay. I also wonder if Reja decides to put someone random at RWB like Abrashi.

And lets be real Seferi is a waste. He's not gonna get any minutes but might as well call up someone else.
Dallku

artan wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:33 pm Ramadani isn't even the best Albanian on his squad (Mucolli is). Not sure why Mucolli isn't called up since he was a good talent at the U21 level and a bigger talent than the Albanian Pogba. Even the other Albanian on their squad Hetemi seems okay. I guess Ramadani is cover at the defensive mid position or Gjasula's spot.

Glad to see Kamberi called up. I'm excited to see what he can bring. Not expecting any goals but he seems athletic and a decent dribbler. I want to see a Uzuini - Kamberi partnership. Let Uzuini be a free roaming supporting striker.

I also guess were gonna see Doka at RWB. He's been pretty good in Croatia this year so I think he'll be okay. I also wonder if Reja decides to put someone random at RWB like Abrashi.

And lets be real Seferi is a waste. He's not gonna get any minutes but might as well call up someone else.

Mucolli scored 2 nice goals as a sub but looks like he struggles to be a regular in that team too. And since when was he good for the u21?? I watched every u21 game and don't remember him standing out. He's still 21 and would've been part of the team if he was that good.

Seferi can't even make the squad of his Swiss team.

But at least there are alternatives for most positions except fullback. Those are catastrophic lol
  • Information