Albanian National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

plisi
Been thanked: 0

Finally a competent coach.
Princ

Edi reja has called up some absolute scrubs like dermaku ramadani telushi trashi players who panucci even stopped calling..Take in that Kosovo is getting hadergjonaj along with all the other better kosovar prospects and it’s obvious that our future looks very depressing
artan

I don't even think the manager is making the selections any more. I think the FSHF, mainly Bushi and Bulku, are deciding who gets called up. It's why you see so many weird selections and the same rejects getting called up (cough Andi Lila cough).

I think the FSHF have stopped going after diaspora players altogether. They only go after the easy pickings now, the kind of diaspora players that are complete scrubs like Bujar Lika and that dude from Scotland.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Oh god Telushi in a fucking Albania squad. We weren't this desperate in 2010.
We were in SUCH a good spot during the climax of the diaspora talent and we were doing a good job at bringing players in till Cana left.
It is true what they say that he talked up players and got them to come to Albania. I swear it's not DB's departure that caused the downfall of Albania, but Cana's 110%.
RedFootballs

We need to call up Omar Imeri ASAP. His NT situation is exactly like Bardhi's back in the day. History is doomed to repeat itself hmm?
RedFootballs

artan wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:12 am I don't even think the manager is making the selections any more. I think the FSHF, mainly Bushi and Bulku, are deciding who gets called up. It's why you see so many weird selections and the same rejects getting called up (cough Andi Lila cough).

I think the FSHF have stopped going after diaspora players altogether. They only go after the easy pickings now, the kind of diaspora players that are complete scrubs like Bujar Lika and that dude from Scotland.
Something like that would be outrageous. I pray that's not the case.
artan

RedFootballs wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 6:22 pm
artan wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:12 am I don't even think the manager is making the selections any more. I think the FSHF, mainly Bushi and Bulku, are deciding who gets called up. It's why you see so many weird selections and the same rejects getting called up (cough Andi Lila cough).

I think it is.. My speculation is that there's a "council" or group that makes all the selections and scouts potential players. I think this group is composed of current FSHF guys that were former players like Bulku, Bushi, Bogdani, Salihi (he's now getting more involved), Jupi (not sure if he's still involved), etc. I'm not sure if the coach is the one picking because they don't know any of the players when they get hired. You think Panucci or Reja had a clue on anyone on the NT besides Hysaj, Strakosha, Gymcity or Xhaka?

I really do think we're purposely avoiding specifically Kosovar diaspora players. Whether it's because they want to maintain good relations with Kosova/Switzerland or because of nepotism I don't know. It's weird when they only go for the low hanging fruit like Bukar Lika or Egli Kaja who aren't better than players from the Superliga while they avoid the more talented ones.

You'll probably see it again when this list comes out for the next set of matches. You'll have some WTF call ups of a player or two we never heard of while other talented guys aren't called up.
artan

RedFootballs wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 6:21 pm We need to call up Omar Imeri ASAP. His NT situation is exactly like Bardhi's back in the day. History is doomed to repeat itself hmm?
Imeri is called up to the U21 so we're okay for now.

I think we're gonna lose Jasir Asani tho. He's not called up for the NT and he's been vocal about his desire to play for the NT. If we keep rejecting him he's gonna select to play for Macedonia real soon as he said it himself. It's a shame because he's probably the best player in the Superliga currently and the best player on Partizani (yet a few other Partizani players get called up). I think he can help us on the wings. He kinda reminds of Bernard Berisha.
RedFootballs

artan wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 3:48 am
RedFootballs wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 6:21 pm We need to call up Omar Imeri ASAP. His NT situation is exactly like Bardhi's back in the day. History is doomed to repeat itself hmm?
Imeri is called up to the U21 so we're okay for now.

I think we're gonna lose Jasir Asani tho. He's not called up for the NT and he's been vocal about his desire to play for the NT. If we keep rejecting him he's gonna select to play for Macedonia real soon as he said it himself. It's a shame because he's probably the best player in the Superliga currently and the best player on Partizani (yet a few other Partizani players get called up). I think he can help us on the wings. He kinda reminds of Bernard Berisha.
Maybe his potential move in the summer can help put him on NT radar. He is 100% the best winger in Superliga but I think his age held him back in this NT? Idk because they called up Telushi and he's 28. Maybe doesn't fit nepotism requirements lol.
I think what most confuses me is the call up of Agim Zeka. This guy has made a single sub appearance for a relegation Dutch side this whole year.
Drilon Kryeziu as well. At least call Ndrecka.
RedFootballs

artan wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 3:45 am
RedFootballs wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 6:22 pm

I think it is.. My speculation is that there's a "council" or group that makes all the selections and scouts potential players. I think this group is composed of current FSHF guys that were former players like Bulku, Bushi, Bogdani, Salihi (he's now getting more involved), Jupi (not sure if he's still involved), etc. I'm not sure if the coach is the one picking because they don't know any of the players when they get hired. You think Panucci or Reja had a clue on anyone on the NT besides Hysaj, Strakosha, Gymcity or Xhaka?

I really do think we're purposely avoiding specifically Kosovar diaspora players. Whether it's because they want to maintain good relations with Kosova/Switzerland or because of nepotism I don't know. It's weird when they only go for the low hanging fruit like Bukar Lika or Egli Kaja who aren't better than players from the Superliga while they avoid the more talented ones.

You'll probably see it again when this list comes out for the next set of matches. You'll have some WTF call ups of a player or two we never heard of while other talented guys aren't called up.
Mhm a lot of us don't really acknowledge how much talent is eligible to play for us even now. But the 'high-hanging fruit' is always missed. I think your theory is plausible and does explain the call up of trash Kosovar talent and the insistence of calling up Superliga rejects.
Relations with Kosovo and Switzerland? If they're sacrificing the success of our NT for the illusion of relations with other NT's it would be ludicrous. Gotta be nepotism.
Reja must have known about a system like this beforehand in any case.
  • Information