Albanian National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

plisi
Been thanked: 0

ZenMaster wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:53 pm Albania should cap Meriton Korenica
I was thinking the same. What's you're opinion on him as a player? Do you think he'll move abroad after this season?
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

plisi wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:54 pm
I was thinking the same. What's you're opinion on him as a player? Do you think he'll move abroad after this season?
Ejupi is tough guy to negotiate, definitively won't let him move for peanuts.
Korenica made stupid move when he joined Shkendija and stalled a bit his progress. Reminds me Dusan Tadic when it was at Vojvodina. Even Korenica isn't fully aware of his talents and what is capable. Amazing set piece taker, accurate powerful shots with both feets, pinpoint passes, good football IQ but physically is fragile and his defensive contribute is poor. Prishtina has worst striker of the world, Khalid is only guy who can miss 3 or 4 chances for game, Toni numbers would been better if Prishtina would had decent striker. Korenica is helping even forgotten Mario Morina to relaunch his career.
Kuqaloshi maoist
plisi
Been thanked: 0

ZenMaster wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:52 pm
plisi wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:54 pm
Ejupi is tough guy to negotiate, definitively won't let him move for peanuts.
Korenica made stupid move when he joined Shkendija and stalled a bit his progress. Reminds me Dusan Tadic when it was at Vojvodina. Even Korenica isn't fully aware of his talents and what is capable. Amazing set piece taker, accurate powerful shots with both feets, pinpoint passes, good football IQ but physically is fragile and his defensive contribute is poor. Prishtina has worst striker of the world, Khalid is only guy who can miss 3 or 4 chances for game, Toni numbers would been better if Prishtina would had decent striker. Korenica is helping even forgotten Mario Morina to relaunch his career.
Oh thnx, from the times I've seen him play I've got the impression he'll surpass players like Latifi, Gavazaj and Bernard B. in no time!
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

artan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:12 am Lemme guess you're gonna say something like Rashica didn't impress against Luexmbourg 3 years ago as why he didn't get capped as your next argument.

And Roshi is becoming overrated. I see journalists labeling him as a savior for us when he comes back from injury. There were stretches where he played bad as well and we all called for his head.
Don't get me wrong. I think De Biasi made a big mistake by not bringing Rashica in. Even though he's much better in club than NT, considering how bad our attack is, he'd still be a huge asset and a definite starter.

It's just people think a player's quality is constant across teams, leagues, etc... while that's not true. While Roshi is a scrub for his club, given our small-team/anti-football style of play he punches way above his weight, while someone like Rashica just can't play anti-football. Some players thrive in open attacking environments, some thrive in anti-football settings.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Dallku

Albanian fans are exaggerating on the criticism for Edi Reja.

Yeah, he's older than dirt and that's risky and make no mistake that he's easily one of the best coaches Albania has ever had on PAPER. Just watching his press conference today you can sense his authority and leadership. He's a true coach not like that clown Pannucci. As long as he fixes some holes in defense and the players play harder then it won't be so bad.

There is such a negative energy around the NT and a lot of it is bullshit.People are talking shit by default. Even the new stadium is being criticized even though it's going be one of the best in the region. Not even countries like Croatia and Serbia have a stadium like this.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Arianit Ferati, Shabani, Zeqiri all still uncapped talents we can make a play for, especially with the new coach.
Albania fans are negative about everything, because we expect so much. One fluke qualification got our hopes up.
And no I don't blame Panucci. The pressure surrounding this job is massive and I wouldn't expect a manager with less than 5 yrs exp. to be able to handle it. The expectations of both the FSHF and fans are too high for the current playing squad. This new manager seems up to the task at hand though.
artan

I think people are skeptical because Edi Reja is very old but honestly he's under contract until the end of the Euro cycle so it really doesn't matter. We've never had a coach of his prestige. In addition, this team has been so undisciplined making so many blunders and errors that I think a coach like Reja could fix. We needed to do a complete opposite after hiring a coach with no experience in Panucci. Plus this guy has the Lazio connection.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Considering the names that were about to get the job , i think Reja is the best option. He’ll play De Biasi style with 4 defenders and 3 midfielders which for us so far has been working. Never liked the 3 back line, so many blunders on the back line. We have no options upfront though. Probably he’ll be bringing some new blood aswell.
Pjetër
Has thanked: 0

Edy Reja kind of looks like Martin Landau
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Bulku is a god amongst men. He finishes his legendary streak with 100% win ratio, and 0 goals conceded. That's the best record out of any national team coach in the history of football.

Can someone photoshop Bulku's face on a Dark Knight poster saying "He's the hero we deserve, but not the one we need right now"?
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
  • Information