Albanian National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

plisi
Been thanked: 0

ZenMaster wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:36 pm
Dallku wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:05 pm
artan wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:49 pm Albania would pretty much be Azerbaijan without the Kosovars. f*** we currently are on the same level as Azerbaijan.

I know Dallku is trolling but even half of the youth talent currently are coming up are from Kosova/Macedonia. I don't want to double down on the trolling but the Greek ones have absolutely no loyalty. Strakosha misses half the NT matches when they aren't important because he thinks he's too good for the NT while Berisha is always down to play, that greek guy Mihea after being capped by us said to the media it's a mistake to pick Albania over Greece as he doesn't feel Albanian, Durmishaj switched first chance he could and he'll never even play for Greece while he would have been starting for us, etc. You all laughed at the Kosovars accents when they first came but atleast they can speak Albanian, the new players from Italy/Greece don't even speak Albanian or have Albanian names.

The real problem which we all know is to be true is that former Superliga players always get a guaranteed place in the lineup. We've seen over the years that guys like Balaj, Cikaleshi, Lila, Salihi, Agolli, Roshi, Ramadani, etc, always get a place in the lineup. Players from Albania are just not good enough and are borderline amateur. Just look at Roshi the other day having the ball slip through his feet, falling asleep and getting burnt on the first goal. A player with his size and speed should be playing in the premier league but he's got a peanut for a brain so therefore he's a bench player for every eastern european team he goes too. And don't get me started about the other guys. The media promotes Balaj as "Bomberi Shkodran" who only scores weak goals from a foot away against Andorra and gets guaranteed a place in the starting 11. These guys always get passes and it's never their fault.

If we had Januzaj and Shaqiri in the team you would be right but the Kosovars we have are VERY replaceable. You don't notice a difference when Xhaka plays and when he doesn't. Abrashi is a pitbull but he hurts you a lot on the ball. It's a give and take thing with him. They are(or used be?) hard working players but when the motivation falls they don't have the talent to compensate for it. Mavraj, Berisha, Ajeti, etc are all beyond finished. Who else is there? Dropping and replacing them is very easy but who has the balls to do it?

Who are those "youth talent" coming up?? Let me guess.. more born and raised diaspora products who have absolutely no connection to Albania and will always choose to play for their main countries if they are good enough. I think it's embarrassing if Albania even bothers to continue approaching players like that. That's no different than approaching those random Argentinian players of "Albanian ancestry".

Albania needs to focus and promote its own products just for the sake of bringing enthusiasm back. Even Albanian products like Strakosha, Hysaj are not happy, they're not playing happy. There is a very negative energy in the NT and if you remove the unmotivated Kosovar clan you'll see a major difference.
Albania had opportunity to cap Muriqi,Avdijaj,Rashica,Zeneli, Rrahmani, Vojvoda but FSHF has choosen Bulku,Lila instead.
One thing is for sure though, Bulku and Lila were always very motivated.
Dallku

artan wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:26 am
Just look at that thread over the years. There are players but the FSHF doesn't bother anymore.

Finally FSHF is doing something right.

Promote your own products. No more foreigners.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

I guess none of us noticed that Sadiku was not in the team for this campaign yet again? That makes a big impact because he's the only striker we have with a head right now.
I'd like to see us try to call up Kamberi.
artan

Dallku wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:01 am
Just look at that thread over the years. There are players but the FSHF doesn't bother anymore.

So no more Italian players as well? Cool, I'm down for that. I'd be lowkey interested to see how a natural Albanian squad does:

----Cikaleshi--Balaj
Bregu------------------Roshi
------Dita-Telushi
Trashi-Mersinaj-Gjoni-??
--------Hoxha

Should be fun.
Dallku

artan wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:35 pm

So no more Italian players as well? Cool, I'm down for that. I'd be lowkey interested to see how a natural Albanian squad does:

----Cikaleshi--Balaj
------Dita-Telushi
Trashi-Mersinaj-Gjoni-??
--------Hoxha

Should be fun.

LOL exaggerating much?? I don't even know who some of those players are. :rrokullisem:

---------------------Strakosha---------
Hysaj----Kumbulla----Djimsiti----Mihaj
----------Bare------Gjasula------Ndoj-------
Roshi------------Broja------------Cekici

- 5 Serie A players
- 1 Bundesliga
- 1 potential super talent
- 3 potentially great contributors with upside(Bare,Cekici, Mihaj)
- Roshi who always produces with the NT.

I don't know about you but I don't mind this team...... AT ALL.

Also it's a very young team and would only get better.
artan

Dallku wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:01 pm
artan wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:35 pm

----Cikaleshi--Balaj
------Dita-Telushi
Trashi-Mersinaj-Gjoni-??
--------Hoxha

Should be fun.

LOL exaggerating much?? I don't even know who some of those players are. :rrokullisem:

---------------------Strakosha---------
Hysaj----Kumbulla----Djimsiti----Mihaj
----------Bare------Gjasula------Ndoj-------
Roshi------------Broja------------Cekici

- 5 Serie A players
- 1 Bundesliga
- 1 potential super talent
- 3 potentially great contributors with upside(Bare,Cekici, Mihaj)
- Roshi who always produces with the NT.

I don't know about you but I don't mind this team...... AT ALL.
You said that you want Albanian products only so why would you call up Italian diaspora players? These players aren't Albanian products. For some of them (specifically Mihaj) they have no pride towards Albania what so ever. One of them (Ndoj) you all called an amateur last year when he was starting. Djimsiti is from Presheva which pretty much makes him a Kosovar (if he was able to switch he would have), Strakosha would have switched years ago but I think not even he realized he'd be this good (even if his dad was a former NT player), i'm excited for Gjasula but he's almost 30 and a career second bundesliga player, Kumbulla seems like a stud. To say that Bare, Cekici and Mihaj will be great contributors is laughable since they have like 2 appearance between all of them. You're also forgetting Uzuini who'll end up probably being our best attacking player soon..

I also forgot about Uzuini, Bare and Cekici for my lineup.

-----Cikaleshi-Uzuini
Cekici--------------Roshi
-------Bare--Telushi
Trashi-Mersinaj-Gjoni-Hysaj
---------Hoxha
Dallku

artan wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:16 pm

You said that you want Albanian products only so why would you call up Italian diaspora players? These players aren't Albanian products. For some of them (specifically Mihaj) they have no pride towards Albania what so ever. One of them (Ndoj) you all called an amateur last year when he was starting. Djimsiti is from Presheva which pretty much makes him a Kosovar (if he was able to switch he would have), Strakosha would have switched years ago but I think not even he realized he'd be this good (even if his dad was a former NT player), i'm excited for Gjasula but he's almost 30 and a career second bundesliga player, Kumbulla seems like a stud. To say that Bare, Cekici and Mihaj will be great contributors is laughable since they have like 2 appearance between all of them. You're also forgetting Uzuini who'll end up probably being our best attacking player soon..

-----Cikaleshi-Uzuini
-------Bare--Telushi
---------Hoxha

Even though they are diaspora they have a very direct connection with Albania so I don't mind them. Most of them are 1st/2nd generation immigrants so it's alright. a mix with Albania league products + immigrants is the ideal scenario. They all have one thing in common which is more important, they have a direct connection to Albania.

Ndoj has been bad for the NT so far but there is a reason his market value is 3.4 million and is expected to play in Serie a. The talent is there but his decision making pissed me off. He could still improve that aspect with experience.

The other stuff you're posting is just emotional gibberish. You seem butthurt.
RedFootballs

Dallku wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:26 pm
artan wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:16 pm

-----Cikaleshi-Uzuini
-------Bare--Telushi
---------Hoxha

Even though they are diaspora they have a very direct connection with Albania so I don't mind them. Most of them are 1st/2nd generation immigrants so it's alright. a mix with Albania league products + immigrants is the ideal scenario. They all have one thing in common which is more important, they have a direct connection to Albania.

Ndoj has been bad for the NT so far but there is a reason his market value is 3.4 million and is expected to play in Serie a. The talent is there but his decision making pissed me off. He could still improve that aspect with experience.

The other stuff you're posting is just emotional gibberish. You seem butthurt.
Who cares about where they're from if they play well?
instead of tarring all Kosovars or x country's products let's just play whoever is motivated and whoever plays well regardless of where they're from.
Rodon
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Last 2 pages were embarrasing to say the least.
Instead of concentrating in what's important we are wasting time in futile nonsense.
RedFootballs

Rodon wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:36 pm Last 2 pages were embarrasing to say the least.
Instead of concentrating in what's important we are wasting time in futile nonsense.
Exactly. At this point it's a world of delusion because no one knows the real reason we are doing badly or they just don't wanna accept it.
Pathetic organisations make pathetic teams (FSHF??) We need to accept this.
  • Information