Albanian National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Muçi has been called up by Reja , this move seems just to satisfy the journalists.
Dallku

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:24 am Muçi has been called up by Reja , this move seems just to satisfy the journalists.
Yeah.. They are overreacting if they think he's ready. He wasn't even a starter for Tirana a few months ago. Same with Ismailgeci who they also want in the NT... He's not even Tirana's starting LB. That was Hoxhallari until he got injured.

NT material should be able to absolutely dominate the Albanian league or at least stand out like a sore thumb.. None of these players stand out. They might be decent...for their age. That's about it.
artan

Even if Muci isn't NT material yet I'd still have him over Balaj or Cikaleshi for the NT.

We also need to get a look at Kamberi.
Dallku

artan wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:58 pm Even if Muci isn't NT material yet I'd still have him over Balaj or Cikaleshi for the NT.

I hate to say it but even Balaj would demolish the Albanian league. He scored 17 goals for Vllaznia as a 17-18 y.o teenager... What does that say about Muci?

The NT shouldn't be an experiment or an academy. Only the best established players should play in it.

Only way young unproven players should play in it is to cap them and avoid the possibility of them playing for other nations in the future but the rules changed on that so it's pointless now.
plisi

artan wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:58 pm Even if Muci isn't NT material yet I'd still have him over Balaj or Cikaleshi for the NT.

Come on now, you want someone that might or might not reach the level of the strikers we have instead of the strikers we actually have right now?
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Dallku wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:57 pm
Simboli i Diellit wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:24 am Muçi has been called up by Reja , this move seems just to satisfy the journalists.
Yeah.. They are overreacting if they think he's ready. He wasn't even a starter for Tirana a few months ago. Same with Ismailgeci who they also want in the NT... He's not even Tirana's starting LB. That was Hoxhallari until he got injured.

NT material should be able to absolutely dominate the Albanian league or at least stand out like a sore thumb.. None of these players stand out. They might be decent...for their age. That's about it.
Considering Lithuania was worth about as much as a Superliga team, then technically none of our forwards are NT material.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Dallku

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:46 pm

Considering Lithuania was worth about as much as a Superliga team, then technically none of our forwards are NT material.

Cikalleshi and Balaj stood out in the superliga. Sadiku didn't get a chance because he was suspended by FSHF and forced to move to Switzerland but he dominated the Swiss 2nd division which is equivalent to the superliga.

As bad as our forwards are, the did earn their stripes considering the standards and competition they had. It's sad but it is what it is.

Let Muci show something in the Albanian league first... He wasn't even good against the Andorran u21. How does he earn a call to the senior team?? If somebody called it corruption it would be make sense.
Dallku

plisi wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:23 pm

Come on now, you want someone that might or might not reach the level of the strikers we have instead of the strikers we actually have right now?

Funny but very accurate way of putting it
Plako
Team: Partizani

Dallku wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:36 pm
Funny but very accurate way of putting it
This is how we f*** with these guys' heads and they don't put it the work required to get to the next level and fulfill their potential. I remember 5 years ago some were raving about Jurgen Bardhi or Partizani the same way after a few good games.

viewtopic.php?t=137&start=20
artan

Balaj and Cika have been constantly terrible for the NT since 2016. It’s not like the perform decently. This Muci kid might not be much but the point is to try alternatives to try and fix the situation.

Until Balaj and Cika can show they can score decently at the club level they shouldn’t be called up to the NT again.
  • Information