Albanian National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Dallku

Panucci gotta go. You can't expect much from someone who was never a head coach before. Experience does matter and he has 0. He's all over the place with his subs, selections, etc..

Respect to Xhaka who was a warrior.

Ozuni who was surprisingly good. I underestimated him but he's no joke. This is a random Alb league player so that goes to show you that even in Albania you can find NT material. You don't have to look in the deep ends of europe for some randoms. If you can play you can play.

Grezda was positive in the first half but lacked end product. In the 2nd half he was anonymous. Probably fitness.

We are suffering with Balaj. We are still paying the price of him scoring in Portugal.

Memushaj and Basha were in bad form. Djimsiti good.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:50 pm
Simboli i Diellit wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:47 pm When the best player in field (bar Xhaka and Strakosha) is a guy that left superliga a month ago then this is tragic. Panucci has to take his responsabilities . Bench Hysaj for a while aswell . Topping the nations league group would’ve put us at pot three but now we’ll have at least three teams above us at our Euro Qualifiers.
Strakosha cost us the game. A keeper that doesn't know goal kicks can't be offside, especially at that level, is inexcusable.
I’ve been saying it : “ Strakosha outside the goal line is like a lottery, 50% chances he’ll make a blunder”. Both him and Mavraj got exposed , as CB you can’t let their striker 5-6 yards far from you at least you should keep him close to put preassure knowing that you can outrun him.

Strako is being criticized a lot at Lazio aswell lately because he isn’t that good outside the goalie. Althrough i think a modern goalkeeper doesn’t necesary have to be the next Neuer . Gk is our last issue.

We need CBs . Hope Ardian Ismajli will switch in for us.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

I don't get it, was Hyka injured or something? I'll take a player with no end product, over someone that has nothing.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
plisi
Been thanked: 0

Albania has the quality to beat Israel and Scotland and it's a shame we're failing to do it!
Aurora Bulkualis

Dallku wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:13 pm Panucci gotta go. You can't expect much from someone who was never a head coach before. Experience does matter and he has 0. He's all over the place with his subs, selections, etc..

Respect to Xhaka who was a warrior.

Ozuni who was surprisingly good. I underestimated him but he's no joke. This is a random Alb league player so that goes to show you that even in Albania you can find NT material. You don't have to look in the deep ends of europe for some randoms. If you can play you can play.

Grezda was positive in the first half but lacked end product. In the 2nd half he was anonymous. Probably fitness.

We are suffering with Balaj. We are still paying the price of him scoring in Portugal.

Memushaj and Basha were in bad form. Djimsiti good.
The problem with Albanian league players is sometimes they don't even receive basic training. Apart from the offside rule fuckery, every time Strakosha made a save always knocked the ball to the edges. I guarantee you an Albanian keeper would have just worried about saving it, and knock it onto the path of an attacker.

This goes for Balaj too. Every time he headed the ball it was always straight to the keeper, like he was just happy to get a shot on target. Any well trained striker would go for the bottom or top corners.
Pjetër
Has thanked: 0

I remember how happy I was when Balaj scored that goal against Portugal. Who knew at that time that that would be the beginning of our end.
artan

I feel like I keep repeating myself but this team doesn't have the talent or an identity. Our "strength" is our backline and yet every game we seem to give up chance after chance. Just because some of the guys are playing for Serie A teams (all are bench players besides Hysaj) doesn't make them good. We are still relying on players from the Di Biasi era, in which most were average to begin with. We had an identity under Di Biasi which masked many of their technical shortcomings and made them a squad in which the collective group was better than the individual players.

At the end of the day we have extremely limited players and most of them aren't playing for their mediocre teams. How can we expect someone like Balaj to be clinical for the NT when he hasn't scored a league goal for his club since 2017? How can we expect Grezda to be the offensive threat we need him to be if he hasn't played a match all year long? Uzuini is a mediocre Croatian league player.. Binaku a bench player in Sweden. Gavazaj a sub in Siberia. Gym a bench player. I can only realistically hold Hysaj, Xhaka, Strakosha, and Gymcity accountable as those are the guys that are capable players.

It's why many of us were furious at Panucci/FSHF for not recruiting new players and I'm not talking about guys like Egli Kaja in which anyone with common sense knows he has no place on a NT.
Albanian Damien
Team: Kuq E Zi
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:50 pm
Albanian Damien wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:47 pm
Simboli i Diellit wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:42 pm If we lose the last game against Scotland then we’ll relegate to League D.
Which would actually give us a better chance to qualify next tourney..

At this point, go for the loss.
Lol our next nations league will be two years from now and at that point every league winner gets a WC playoff spot , not a place in the finals. Staying at league C must be our aim.
All the more reason to play in League D. We are not qualifying for WC outright either. If things change in the next 2 years, we're basically guranteed a WC playoff spot.
Aurora Bulkualis

artan wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:46 pm Uzuini is a mediocre Croatian league player..
Let's not bash him. He was the best player along with Xhaka. I heard some buzz about him, but didn't put much stock as 95% of Albanian "talents" turn out to be shit.

I liked his first touch as well. He was controlling fast, long passes easily.
artan

Pjetër wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:28 pm I remember how happy I was when Balaj scored that goal against Portugal. Who knew at that time that that would be the beginning of our end.
I find it funny because Balaj in the post game interviews always says he was unlucky or that the team needs to play with two strikers which fits his style better. Every single game. Lol like Panucci is gonna change the whole tactics of the team to accommodate Balaj.
  • Information