Albanian National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

artan

Looks like we’ll see a few changes to rest players. Bare, Abrashi, Cikaleshi and possibly Hysaj won’t start.

Hopefully Broja starts. This is pretty much a meaningless game so why call up all these guys if you aren’t gonna test them?
Dallku

Is there any chance of qualifying for the world cup from the Nations league or are these games totally pointless?
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Dallku wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:44 am Is there any chance of qualifying for the world cup from the Nations league or are these games totally pointless?
Almost impossible for the lower ranked teams. For the main qualifiers, the ten 2nd place teams go into playoffs, and they get an extra two from the Nations League based on "overall ranking".

So the top 2 ranked teams in Nations League (that didn't already qualify) will have a chance to qualify through playoffs. But I think we are ranked like 33rd or something. I don't know how they will decide this "overall" ranking, but it doesn't look good for League C/D.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Aurora Bulkualis

Reja saying he liked Broja in training and that he's in good form. We might finally see Albania's new Sadiku Lewandowski in action.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:13 am
Dallku wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:44 am Is there any chance of qualifying for the world cup from the Nations league or are these games totally pointless?
Almost impossible for the lower ranked teams. For the main qualifiers, the ten 2nd place teams go into playoffs, and they get an extra two from the Nations League based on "overall ranking".

So the top 2 ranked teams in Nations League (that didn't already qualify) will have a chance to qualify through playoffs. But I think we are ranked like 33rd or something. I don't know how they will decide this "overall" ranking, but it doesn't look good for League C/D.
If the winners of groups in leagues A and B (8 Winners ) have qualified directly to WC or will play playoffs (much likely) then they’ll pick up the best two winners of League C for playoffs. In that case we need to win it all. This time doesn’t go by rankings but by the winner of the groups i think.
Klejdi1023

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:57 am
Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:13 am

If the winners of groups in leagues A and B (8 Winners ) have qualified directly to WC or will play playoffs (much likely) then they’ll pick up the best two winners of League C for playoffs. In that case we need to win it all. This time doesn’t go by rankings but by the winner of the groups i think.
The 2 playoffs spots would go based on overall ranking. Even if we finish 1st in our group and in league C, we would be ranked 29th in the overall rankings. Let’s say teams ranked 1-20 all finish 1st and 2nd in regular qualifiers, then at best only teams ranked 21st and 22nd get a playoff spot. Regardless though, if I’m FSHF, I would have looked at FIFA rankings and see that it we win all of our nations league games and 2 friendlies scheduled in October and November, we may become a pot 3 team based on fifa rankings as they will be used to determine the pots when the draw is made after nations league group matches end. If we get a pot 2 team that’s now a powerhouse, I like our chances of getting a playoff spot if we do things well on our end.
Simboli i Diellit

That’s what i thought at first aswell but at Uefa’s website say:

World Cup qualifying initially remains largely the same, with ten group winners advancing directly to the finals in Qatar. The format of the play-offs has evolved, though, and will now consist of two knockout rounds from which three teams qualify. It will involve the ten group runners-up plus the best two UEFA Nations League group winners (based on their overall UEFA Nations League rankings) who did not directly qualify or reach the play-offs.

so it depends who wins the groups first (hopefully teams that will qualify direcly or get 2 playoff spot) and then only group winners ranking will count apparently. If all groups in league A and league B are won by already qualified teams (10 of them most likely in group A) and 10 runner ups (some of group A and group B) so they’ll exclude 20 teams that are placed better than us that eventually have won Nations League groups. So Hoping that the 8 group winners in League A and B come from those 20 teams and us to win our group. The chances are there...
IndritFieri
FK Apollonia
Kuq & Zi
Italy

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:06 pm That’s what i thought at first aswell but at Uefa’s website say:

World Cup qualifying initially remains largely the same, with ten group winners advancing directly to the finals in Qatar. The format of the play-offs has evolved, though, and will now consist of two knockout rounds from which three teams qualify. It will involve the ten group runners-up plus the best two UEFA Nations League group winners (based on their overall UEFA Nations League rankings) who did not directly qualify or reach the play-offs.

so it depends who wins the groups first (hopefully teams that will qualify direcly or get 2 playoff spot) and then only group winners ranking will count apparently. If all groups in league A and league B are won by already qualified teams (10 of them most likely in group A) and 10 runner ups (some of group A and group B) so they’ll exclude 20 teams that are placed better than us that eventually have won Nations League groups. So Hoping that the 8 group winners in League A and B come from those 20 teams and us to win our group. The chances are there...
You are right! They did change the format to only the ranking of the group winners matters now, however we need Greece not to win their group. They are above us in ranking and get a spot ahead of us . Kosovo didn't help!
Aurora Bulkualis

If it's only rankings of group winners, we have to win every fucking game!
Simboli i Diellit

Bushi: “ Kombëtarja 21 vjeçare është me breza. 1998 është Kallaku dhe Vrioni janë dhe dy ndeshje dhe ikin. Nuk është se mund të bësh një plan afatgjatë. Ne u marrim më të mirën e momentit. Duam që të marrin eksperiencë për të shkuar te kombëtarja. Te kombëtarja A kemi 12-13 lojtarë që kanë shkuar te ekipi i parë në 2-3 vitet e fundit”, u shpreh Alban Bushi.“
  • Information