Albanian National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Dallku

Princ wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:06 am I suspect that “not taking it seriously” is just an excuse for getting crushed 0-3 at home last time.. even brothers can be super competitive and shake hands after the match.

They could've won regardless if we were motivated. We had Ramadani in midfield ffs.. but if you deny that there was a clear energy difference then we were watching a different game. You could see it in the way they celebrated their goals, doing pointless skills, crowd atmosphere, etc. Fact is that they played ULTRA HARD and nothing wrong with that. I wish Albania played like that all the time.
Princ

Dallku wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:42 pm They could've won regardless if we were motivated. We had Ramadani in midfield ffs.. but if you deny that there was a clear energy difference then we were watching a different game. You could see it in the way they celebrated their goals, doing pointless skills, crowd atmosphere, etc. Fact is that they played ULTRA HARD and nothing wrong with that. I wish Albania played like that all the time.
I would add that their post-match locker room celebration picture was super extra but if anything, it should only give our players all the motivation in the world to come out looking to avenge the last defeat.

Kosovo comes to play, there is no doubt about that.. my point was that the “not taking it seriously” nonsense is cheap and we should use this opportunity against good competition to improve/gain experience, rather than make excuses.
Attachments
CA56926F-1289-4583-9710-FFD3C4F0D1C7.jpeg
CA56926F-1289-4583-9710-FFD3C4F0D1C7.jpeg (73.08 KiB) Viewed 2372 times
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

This new match between Albania and Kosova will end in a draw. Pointless match.
artan

If anything this friendly will be competitive since there's interest in both sides. There's a sort of rivalry. It's just bad timing since no fans will be allowed and because Kosova crashed out of qualifying.

A friendly against a team like Armenia is meaningless and serves no purpose.
Dallku

artan wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:19 am If anything this friendly will be competitive since there's interest in both sides. There's a sort of rivalry. It's just bad timing since no fans will be allowed and because Kosova crashed out of qualifying.

I just don't think this is a rivalry for Albania NT players. I just don't think someone like Kumbulla or Bare cares about Kosovo or consider them rivals. There is no animosity towards Kosovo at all just indifference.

For Kosovo players it's different. They are way more pumped up to play(and especially beat) Albania as that picture above shows.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

I don't even remember. When did Kosovo win 3-0? Only one I remember I think was when Manaj? scored his first goal against Kosovo. Can't remember scorelien of that either.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
plisi

Shkelzen Gashi is killing it in Switzerland scoring and assisting. I wonder if Reja will consider him for the upcoming games.
plisi

Dallku wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:30 pm
artan wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:19 am If anything this friendly will be competitive since there's interest in both sides. There's a sort of rivalry. It's just bad timing since no fans will be allowed and because Kosova crashed out of qualifying.

I just don't think this is a rivalry for Albania NT players. I just don't think someone like Kumbulla or Bare cares about Kosovo or consider them rivals. There is no animosity towards Kosovo at all just indifference.

For Kosovo players it's different. They are way more pumped up to play(and especially beat) Albania as that picture above shows.
That picture and the celebration overall was directed at those who called Kosovars "tradhtar" for picking Kosovo.
artan

Looks like Roshi and Bare will be out for the next matches. I expect a few more injuries, sicknesses or refusals (Strakosha). We have one friendly and two league of nations matches. This should be a good opportunity to call up a bunch of random players since we'll need the depth and it's a good time in general to experiment to get ready for qualifiers. Cap up random players, try to poach players, etc. Now is the time to experiment.
Plako
Team: Partizani

plisi wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:50 am Shkelzen Gashi is killing it in Switzerland scoring and assisting. I wonder if Reja will consider him for the upcoming games.
Oh jeez please, this dude gave us PTSD with that miss against Switzerland. I can't take another crucial miss from him.
  • Information