Albanian National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:34 am Honestly I'm shocked at the way we're playing. Panucci's first few games were horrendous, but ever since the Spain game we've been playing well. I guess it was just a case of him being lazy and not doing proper video research from the get go.

Anyone got a link to the full thing? (I dont live in the states, so I dont have ESPN3)
As he said after the qualifying games he wants our players to keep/hold the ball so the other team has to run to get it . Keeping it we controll the game and could do more than just De Biasi’s way of throwing in forward. Also the high up to their field pressing put Turkey in difficulty. Actually seems like they didn’t have any fast wingers otherwise a good team would’ve destroyed our sides.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R1sKBxKUqFo
Papagalli
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

You guys positive Strakosha was injured? 🤔
Attachments
F8D5F34C-8C95-4F11-8D25-64E91C9AC844.jpeg
F8D5F34C-8C95-4F11-8D25-64E91C9AC844.jpeg (123.56 KiB) Viewed 2928 times
Simboli i Diellit

Strakosha’s injury is a joke . Like 90% of the goalkeepers have it . Every time you touch ground when you jump to catch the ball you hit the adductors so you will feel something but well Lazio’s second goalkeeper has a serious injury and they can’t risk playing the derby with their third goalkeeper who was a disaster at Trapani last season. I don’t think it’s an issue with Berisha though, he keeps liking and commenting his posts.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:04 am
Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:34 am Honestly I'm shocked at the way we're playing. Panucci's first few games were horrendous, but ever since the Spain game we've been playing well. I guess it was just a case of him being lazy and not doing proper video research from the get go.

Anyone got a link to the full thing? (I dont live in the states, so I dont have ESPN3)
As he said after the qualifying games he wants our players to keep/hold the ball so the other team has to run to get it . Keeping it we controll the game and could do more than just De Biasi’s way of throwing in forward. Also the high up to their field pressing put Turkey in difficulty. Actually seems like they didn’t have any fast wingers otherwise a good team would’ve destroyed our sides.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R1sKBxKUqFo
Yeah, we were discussing whether Albania should play with high pressing or not a few months ago and whether the "20 minute players" we had could last enough.

At least we know against mid-tier teams it works.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Papagalli
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:06 am Strakosha’s injury is a joke . Like 90% of the goalkeepers have it . Every time you touch ground when you jump to catch the ball you hit the adductors so you will feel something but well Lazio’s second goalkeeper has a serious injury and they can’t risk playing the derby with their third goalkeeper who was a disaster at Trapani last season. I don’t think it’s an issue with Berisha though, he keeps liking and commenting his posts.
Notably so, he seems to be quite social, the injury is definitely bogus. You're right, some deal was struck between both parties. Which is understandable considering he's instrumental to Lazio's season thus far. Such affairs are quite common between clubs and country. After all, clubs have invested a great deal in their players, business wise makes no sense for clubs to see their valued asset depreciate in a meaningless friendly.
Plako
Team: Partizani

Genti wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:32 amSadiku with 11 goals now in 32 games, tied for 4th place in all time scoring for the NT.
He'll be our top goalscorer soon. Those two goals against Turkey were class.
vata1o

Lol at Italy, I knew this was a lifetime chance and it's a real shame we didn't put a challenge for that 2nd spot in the qualifying group. And apart from Croatia and Switzerland all others were beatable in the playoffs.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Still haven't found time to finish this match, but I've been advocating for high pressing since God knows when. If we have "bulldogs", why the f*** are we sitting back and trying to act like 1970s Italy? That pissed me off with De Biasi. We have all these chokers, yet are constantly playing with fire, shitting our pants for the last 30 minutes.

Most of the work will be done by midfield and forwards, so if any of them get tired we can always sub them out.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
artan

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:37 pm Still haven't found time to finish this match, but I've been advocating for high pressing since God knows when. If we have "bulldogs", why the f*** are we sitting back and trying to act like 1970s Italy? That pissed me off with De Biasi. We have all these chokers, yet are constantly playing with fire, shitting our pants for the last 30 minutes.

Most of the work will be done by midfield and forwards, so if any of them get tired we can always sub them out.

I could have swore this team was high pressing the shit out of teams in the first half of the Euro 2016 Qualification campaign. I specifically remembering that France friendly in November 2014 when our guys were pressing all over the field. Guys like Lila, Abrashi, Xhaka, Lenjani (when he was fit) were a good fit for pressing.

I think we stopped pressing in September 2015 against Denmark when we started to bunker. I guess GDB changed the tactics as he figured we just needed a few more points to qualify and decided to play it safe.
Simboli i Diellit

Today’s press conference of Panucci . Explaining also Strakosha’s case. He said Lazio put him on field injured against Roma.

https://goo.gl/KdaNBe

31TWGcHS3uw
  • Information