Albanian National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

plisi
Been thanked: 0

IMO, easy group for Albania, exclude France, Iceland and Turkey are beatable.
Dallku

Man this is a great draw for Albania. Sucks that the team is ass right now because this is one of the easiest groups we’ve ever had.
artan

Not a bad draw since we got Iceland as a pot 2 team and the pot 4 and 5 teams are trash.

Kosova got a tough draw imo.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

artan wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:20 pm Not a bad draw since we got Iceland as a pot 2 team and the pot 4 and 5 teams are trash.

Kosova got a tough draw imo.
The Czechs have been bad relying mostly in domestic players . If Kosova keeps the way they’ve been playing they can be a good challenge for that second spot. It would be really deserving of them qualifying through the normal way.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

At least no Germany Spain in the same group.

Tbh Id say our group is tougher than Kosovas. France > England, Turkey/Iceland > Czechs/Bulgars. Montenegro Id put over Moldova/Andorra though.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Princ

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:33 pm At least no Germany Spain in the same group.

Tbh Id say our group is tougher than Kosovas. France > England, Turkey/Iceland > Czechs/Bulgars. Montenegro Id put over Moldova/Andorra though.
I agree, this isn’t exaclty a cake walk group. Especially now that I think they took off the third place playoff? I might be wrong
artan

Princ wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:21 am
Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:33 pm At least no Germany Spain in the same group.

I agree, this isn’t exaclty a cake walk group. Especially now that I think they took off the second place playoff? I might be wrong
The group definitely ain't easy. Right now we are what our seeding is, we are the fourth worst team in this group. We'be been really bad these past two years. I hope we bottomed out as a squad and with no expectations (just like last last Euro qualifiers) we can get some early results which can give us momentum to potentially qualify. I don't think this group is too bad since Iceland is the pot 2 team and I think they have lost all their momentum as a team. Their talent is questionable, they've been losing alot lately and they will be in this weird position were they are considered the favorites when they usually thrive in being the underdog. Also having Moldova as a pot 5 is great as well.

Good news is that we've found a decent winger in Uzuini who's playing well. Grezda is finding some form (still kinda disappointed in him) and Sadiku will hopefully be back. The team took a big hit when Sadiku got injured who was a consistent scorer and has been replaced by Balaj who can't score in a whore house. I also think we need to call up at least two quality players for the campaign (not guys like Egli Kaja) such as Muslija, Bajrami, Toma, Domgjoni, Rexhbecaj, etc.
Plako
Team: Partizani

Princ wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:21 am

I agree, this isn’t exaclty a cake walk group. Especially now that I think they took off the third place playoff? I might be wrong
Turkey has been trash for quite some time now and Iceland has sucked since they lost their coach who took them to the Euros. Definitely have a chance to go through. It is super important we win the first game at home vs. Turkey though.
Plako
Team: Partizani

artan wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:19 amGood news is that we've found a decent winger in Uzuini who's playing well. Grezda is finding some form (still kinda disappointed in him) and Sadiku will hopefully be back. The team took a big hit when Sadiku got injured who was a consistent scorer and has been replaced by Balaj who can't score in a whore house. I also think we need to call up at least two quality players for the campaign (not guys like Egli Kaja) such as Muslija, Bajrami, Toma, Domgjoni, Rexhbecaj, etc.
We just need Balaj to score a banger at home vs Turkey in our opening match to replicate his goal vs. Portugal away which set us on path to Euro qualifying :zgerdhimje:
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Sadiku is now back in normal training.
  • Information