Albanian National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

IndritFieri
Team: AC Milan
FK Apollonia
Kuq & Zi
Italy

RedFootballs wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:36 pm I don't think Panucci deserved that.
Especially considering who the f*** wants to manage us now.
The result was bad but I think the football played in that game was good, tons of chances created.
I don't care if we qualify with some shit bunker football manager and just park the bus in front of the goal and pray to get crosses in. I want to see positive, attacking football.
We played better than Turkey.
Under DB we just fluked 1-0 wins out.
We could barely get past Liechtenstein for 45 mins.
Even though we may not qualify this year this style of football is conducive to progress.
All these blind fans don't understand the sort of spot we were left in after De Biasi left. Managing this team is hard. You don't get someone flying in a drone and getting you 3 points against a tough opponent who you were going to lose against, while also taking them out of the contention for qualification completely am I right? If that was done to Turkey I'm sure we could fight for 2nd place under Panucci.

Brooooooo....are you saying we are giving shit to a coach who haven’t used the same formation and the same players for two games in the row? How hard is to start Sadiku? Don’t start Sadiku but don’t put in there Balaj. Where does he even play?? How hard is to start 2 real wingers if you are playing with 5 defenders? Who keeps arguing and being a dick to eveyone during conferences and treats us like we are shit, both the players and fans. This guy thinks he is Mourhino with none of the charisma, skills or success. Pretty much a dickless Mourhino.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

IndritFieri wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:03 pm
RedFootballs wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:36 pm I don't think Panucci deserved that.
Especially considering who the f*** wants to manage us now.
The result was bad but I think the football played in that game was good, tons of chances created.
I don't care if we qualify with some shit bunker football manager and just park the bus in front of the goal and pray to get crosses in. I want to see positive, attacking football.
We played better than Turkey.
Under DB we just fluked 1-0 wins out.
We could barely get past Liechtenstein for 45 mins.
Even though we may not qualify this year this style of football is conducive to progress.
All these blind fans don't understand the sort of spot we were left in after De Biasi left. Managing this team is hard. You don't get someone flying in a drone and getting you 3 points against a tough opponent who you were going to lose against, while also taking them out of the contention for qualification completely am I right? If that was done to Turkey I'm sure we could fight for 2nd place under Panucci.

Brooooooo....are you saying we are giving shit to a coach who haven’t used the same formation and the same players for two games in the row? How hard is to start Sadiku? Don’t start Sadiku but don’t put in there Balaj. Where does he even play?? How hard is to start 2 real wingers if you are playing with 5 defenders? Who keeps arguing and being a dick to eveyone during conferences and treats us like we are shit, both the players and fans. This guy thinks he is Mourhino with none of the charisma, skills or success. Pretty much a dickless Mourhino.
Not saying he's without fault tactically, in fact his selection of Balaj possibly got him sacked.
I'm saying his management and mentality outside of the games themselves has been a positive style of management.
No fucking wonder he was being a dick to everyone in press conferences. We lost a friendly and he got loudly cursed by all our fans, and during his press conference after the game was booed so loudly he couldn't speak. The fans deserve shit for how they treated him. No fans boo their manager and curse him after one friendly loss and throw shit at him in a press conference. Our fans are some of the worst in the world because of that fluke qualification we had. They now expect the world from any Albania team.
We can celebrate Panucci going all we like, but nothing will change for a long time and you know it.
No manager who will want to come to us can possibly qualify from this group. And I would like to make clear, when I say fans I don't mean us. I mean the idiots in the stands during these games.
Dallku

Have they ever sacked a coach right after a match? Can't say I'm surprised when the whole stadium was calling for his head in the middle of the match. lol

Edy Reja was obviously good but he's 100 years old.
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

Bare is rubbish player, i never a saw decent performance from him since he moved from Fier to Spain. I don't get the hype about this guy, i can pose better with Atletico Madrid jersey but this doesn't make me a good player. Bare isn't key player at Malaga, just lately he started playing.
Kuqaloshi maoist
artan

ZenMaster wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:37 pm Bare is rubbish player, i never a saw decent performance from him since he moved from Fier to Spain. I don't get the hype about this guy, i can pose better with Atletico Madrid jersey.
From what I've heard he's playing well for Malaga (granted the second division). But he's still not an upgrade over the current midfield crop of players. That's why I kinda cringe when I see people saying we need Roshi badly, or that Cikaleshi would have scored, or that another player would have been a better fit than someone else. All these guys are limited players who are playing for medicore teams in the first or second division leagues. All we are doing is replacing one limited player with another. We always had this dilemma but Di Biasi developed a system that was able to mask these players deficiencies and get the best out of their strengths.

We don't have that with Panucci and the quality of players are showing through and through. We are trying to play from the back which obviously isn't the strength for our defenders who always panic with the ball at their feet and it's probably because the midfield can't help them because Xhaka and especially Abrashi aren't good in possession. Balaj is a player who has only scored something like one league goal in the past 2.5 years whose only redeeming quality is that he's somewhat physical and can draw contact (But he's terrible with his feet) so we know there's no offensive output from him what so ever. Point is this team is extremely flawed and has a limited skillset. Everyone was mad at Di Biasi for playing defensive but how can you play attacking style of play when you don't have the personnel? I would just play a defensive counter attacking style of play.
RedFootballs

ZenMaster wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:37 pm Bare is rubbish player, i never a saw decent performance from him since he moved from Fier to Spain. I don't get the hype about this guy, i can pose better with Atletico Madrid jersey but this doesn't make me a good player. Bare isn't key player at Malaga, just lately he started playing.
The manager called him a key player, and he's been getting man of the match awards.
RedFootballs

Dallku wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:48 pm Have they ever sacked a coach right after a match? Can't say I'm surprised when the whole stadium was calling for his head in the middle of the match. lol

Edy Reja was obviously good but he's 100 years old.
It's disgraceful. He hasn't been THAT bad lol.
I'll always say this, we have the worst fans in the world off of a fluke qualification.
Pjetër
Has thanked: 0

Maybe Bulku should try manager/player for a few matches. The Albanian Bill Russell.
Princ

No edi reja but not even god to come down will help us at this point. Its true what redfootballs is saying that de biasi left us in a hole by not calling rashica to the euros and even rrahmani to a point but I understand where he came from at the same time by bringing those who contributed..but sometimes u have to be selfish and cap the talents for the future, in hind sight it cost us big time..although we could of never had zeneli and celina, rashica leaving started the wave of problems and others followed him like zhegrova rrahmani and the rest who are following now..It hurts to say but rashica leaving was the start of problems. It gave everyone else motivation to go to kosovo too and built up their will to be better than us. I feel bad for panucci at the same time, yeah he makes some mistakes with the formations but let’s not act like gdb didn’t either. Panucci doesn’t have prime basha kukeli mavraj roshi to work with rn and these are all big losses for us, we will get Roshi back but who knows how he will be after his injury since his whole game is based on athleticism and the other 3 I said before him are long done at this point. We have bright spots and dallku is right that djimsiti veseli and hysaj are not as bad as some of you are saying but they need help. Our talent pool at this point is weak af and I called it earlier that it would only be down and down from here. Our media’s been hyping up uzuni that’s how low we’ve gone!
RedFootballs

Princ wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:45 pm No edi reja but not even god to come down will help us at this point. Its true what redfootballs is saying that de biasi left us in a hole by not calling rashica to the euros and even rrahmani to a point but I understand where he came from at the same time by bringing those who contributed..but sometimes u have to be selfish and cap the talents for the future, in hind sight it cost us big time..although we could of never had zeneli and celina, rashica leaving started the wave of problems and others followed him like zhegrova rrahmani and the rest who are following now..It hurts to say but rashica leaving was the start of problems. It gave everyone else motivation to go to kosovo too and built up their will to be better than us. I feel bad for panucci at the same time, yeah he makes some mistakes with the formations but let’s not act like gdb didn’t either. Panucci doesn’t have prime basha kukeli mavraj roshi to work with rn and these are all big losses for us, we will get Roshi back but who knows how he will be after his injury since his whole game is based on athleticism and the other 3 I said before him are long done at this point. We have bright spots and dallku is right that djimsiti veseli and hysaj are not as bad as some of you are saying but they need help. Our talent pool at this point is weak af and I called it earlier that it would only be down and down from here. Our media’s been hyping up uzuni that’s how low we’ve gone!
Great post.
There is no room for sentimentality when you're dealing with a squad which is severely aging.
Sometimes you need to forget the Lila's of the world and actually think about the future of the national team itself.
Also spot-on about Rashica, he set the precedent of players not being afraid to break away from Albania and inspired a wave of mercenaries to swapover to a team vying to be the best 'Albanian' team.
As hard as it is to say, qualifying for the Euros may be what plummeted this team down. It created extreme pressure on Panucci to replicate a fluke qualification with a damaged talent pool due to De Biasi abdicating his responsibility to build for the future. The fans were calling for his head during friendlies, without recognizing how hard it was to do the job he was doing. Bujar Nishani said of Panucci during the friendly versus Kosova, "Panucci is a charlatan, destroying what had been built." He would be completely right in a ironic context in the sense that if anything, the team had been destroyed and he was trying to rebuild it.
No manager could have qualified us from this group. If we're gonna say f*** Panucci let's also say f*** De Biasi, for the hole he left us in - and as soon as he recognised he couldn't take the team any further with the disaster of a squad he left for himself he promptly resigned and handed this wreck of a organization and team to another poor guy, who had to pick up the pieces. We've been doomed since we qualified for the Euros.
  • Information