Albanian National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Genti
Team: Albania & Tirona

And I hate this love for Italy like why are there so many Italian flags in the arena. f*** these Italians and they don't give a f*** about us even our own Arbereshe doesn't give a f*** about Albania.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Genti wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:49 pm And I hate this love for Italy like why are there so many Italian flags in the arena. f*** these Italians and they don't give a f*** about us even our own Arbereshe doesn't give a f*** about Albania.
There's thousands of Italians either working or living in Albania...How do you know they were Albanians...
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

There are about 20k Italians living and working in Albania. Also there is a good amount of them studying at Zonja e Keshillit te mire . I didn’t see many italian flags though, just noticed a lot of blue empty seats with some people who had blue dresses but looked like Italians . I don’t thing Albanians in Albania have italian flags at home or would spend 10€ buying one outside the stadium.
Plako
Team: Partizani

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:53 pm There's thousands of Italians either working or living in Albania...How do you know they were Albanians...
It's not unheard of. I've been in Qemal Stafa where there were about 100-150 Albanians rooting for Germany.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

That goal was an Agolli/Mavraj f*** up. Terrible marking. Panucci should just play Hysaj on the left and just get it over with. We have Balliu on the right. I'd rather have a wrong sided Hysaj than a Memolla or ageing Agolli.

It's not like Hysaj is a world class player on the right. We just need someone to minimise the amount of f*** ups, and Balliu can get forward quite well.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Genti
Team: Albania & Tirona

Agolli just needs to be benched since we don't have any other LBs and I agree with the Hysaj position change. Either him or Balliu at LB just to see how it is.

Grezda was good and not afraid to shoot or dribble, and Kace should start the majority of matches as he was very calm and looked professional out there. Basha surprised me and I'd trust him over Lila or Kukeli any day. I'd like to see more of Latifi with Roshi as just a sub. A midfield of Xhaka, Kace and Abrashi should be decent but lacks height so we'll lose out on headers every time.
artan

I agree with starting Hysaj at LB. That goal was 100% on Agolli, wtf was he doing? Agolli isn't terrible but he's guaranteed to shit himself against any somewhat competitive squad. Having the Catalan at RB can help us offensively.

I wasn't paying too close attention to the game but I thought Grezda looked pretty good. He's a physical player and he has some decent dribbling ability. Latifi looks okay too, he seems like he has the stamina to run all day.
Dallku

Playing a right footed player as a LB is retarded. Hysaj is not a versatile player and he would struggle even more than Agolli. Hysaj gets in trouble even in his natural position by overplaying/dribbling in tight areas instead of clearing the ball. On the left it would be suicide.

But I agree that LB is the weakest position and Agolli has to go. I watched him in the CL and man.. he looked like an amateur to say the least.
Plako
Team: Partizani

Dallku wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:54 pmBut I agree that LB is the weakest position and Agolli has to go. I watched him in the CL and man.. he looked like an amateur to say the least.

Wasn't this Agolli's last game for the NT?
Dallku

Plako wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:33 pm
Dallku wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:54 pmBut I agree that LB is the weakest position and Agolli has to go. I watched him in the CL and man.. he looked like an amateur to say the least.

Wasn't this Agolli's last game for the NT?

I doubt it. Don't know anything about that. Hopefully it is but then again we don't have anything to replace him with.

What happened to Aliji? At least he was alright.
  • Information