Albanian National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

What about Loret Sadiku . He would resolve our issues pairing with Bare and Gjasula. He can play only for us and he has at least 2-3 years left professionally.
Princ

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:01 pm What about Loret Sadiku . He would resolve our issues pairing with Bare and Gjasula. He can play only for us and he has at least 2-3 years left professionally.
I would like for Sadiku to join but he doesn’t seem interested.. even if he did join, I would still want Djimsiti at CDM with the other two midfield spots being a rotation of Sadiku/Gjasula/Abrashi
Simboli i Diellit

Sadiku though is a natural CM.
Princ

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:22 pm Sadiku though is a natural CM.
Center backs convert to CDM all the time.. Djimsiti can be somewhat like Albanian Javi Martinez
Dallku

Why do you want Djimsiti in midfield? He's not mobile or technical enough.. or a good passer(against Lithuania his passing was terrible). Javi Martinez might be slow but he's incredibly composed and a great passer. I'd rather have Hysaj in midfield than a CB but then that means that we'd have no RB at all.

But Sadiku shouldn't be an option either. He's a 29 year old Turkish leaguer with a market value of less than 700k. Albania needs to aim higher than that if you really want to be better than teams like Lithuania.
Princ

Dallku wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:25 pm Why do you want Djimsiti in midfield? He's not mobile or technical enough.. or a good passer(against Lithuania his passing was terrible). Javi Martinez might be slow but he's incredibly composed and a great passer. I'd rather have Hysaj in midfield than a CB but then that means that we'd have no RB at all.

But Sadiku shouldn't be an option either. He's a 29 year old Turkish leaguer with a market value of less than 700k. Albania needs to aim higher than that if you really want to be better than teams like Lithuania.
Hysaj in midfield? That’s wack.. we don’t have any midfielders who are as good on the ball as Djimsiti or have the size and defensive ability he brings to the table. By inserting him at CDM, we gain a huge size advantage and solidify our defense. Kukeli wasn’t all that mobile either but made a huge difference for us when he was in the lineup.

Another great example is Sven Bender of Bayer Leverkusen who plays both CB and CDM. Djimsiti has improved tremendously(as a passer too) and if I trust anyone to make that switch, it is him.

About Sadiku.. he’s a career starter in the Turkish League. A good player who’s value has only gone down due to age and some injuries recently.
Simboli i Diellit

We could have midfielders. Good ones if the FA was actually seriously interested in getting them. Domgjoni and Bajrami could switch if the right offer (guaranteed playing time) was offered. Duka and his system has half the blame these kids don’t invest their life to playing for us. Showing them that we have good chances to qualify for Euros or WC with a good pool of players and results would push many others to come just like euro 2016. I think that period was missmanaged by De Biasi sticking with the old guard . We lost a golden chance to pick all youngsters all over the world and start from
scratch but he went on with Lilas ....

Same with Mergim Berisha. This guy has been on fire lately.
https://www.transfermarkt.com/mergim-be ... ler/307924
Klejdi1023

We are good at dm right now though as long as Bare or Gjasula is playing. Our priority should be to find a good cm who can pass the ball well and create chances. Kallaku looks promising but it’s too early to tell. It kind of sucks though, it’s been 4 years since the euros and we still haven’t found one
artan

I don't think the central midfield is the problem. Technical ability wise they've been decent and the trio of Gjasula, Abrashi and Bare seems to be decent combination.

What hurts them is the balance of the team is off. Our fullbacks are poor offensively which results in no width or pace. Our forwards are awful technically and don't come back to help with possession. The result is this narrow formation where alot of stress is placed on the central midfielders who aren't technical to begin with. I think a change is needed to play a 3-4-3 or even a 3-4-1-1 where we insert an attacking mid or supporting striker.
CanaYouDoIt

The pitch should be easy.

“A je shqpitar”

“Po”

“A je tradhtar”

“Jo”

“Welcome to the team “
  • Information