UEFA Nations League

All about football. Technical discussions, samples, world cup, continental competitions.

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

League A

Germany, Portugal, Belgium, Spain, France, England, Switzerland, Italy, Poland, Iceland, Croatia, Netherlands

League B

Austria, Wales, Russia, Slovakia, Sweden, Ukraine, Republic of Ireland, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Northern Ireland, Denmark, Czech Republic, Turkey

League C

Hungary, Romania, Scotland, Slovenia, Greece, Serbia, Albania, Norway, Montenegro, Israel, Bulgaria, Finland, Cyprus, Estonia, Lithuania

League D

Azerbaijan, FYR Macedonia, Belarus, Georgia, Armenia, Latvia, Faroe Islands, Luxembourg, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Liechtenstein, Malta, Andorra, Kosovo, San Marino, Gibraltar
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Plako
Team: Partizani

How does this work?
Aurora Bulkualis

Plako wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:30 am How does this work?
UEFA Nations League is just foreplay for the real qualifiers, which still hold the great majority of qualifying spots. Real qualies are pushed back to 2019.

There's 4 leagues with 4 groups/league, and each team only faces the 3-4 teams in their league's group. Winners of each group get promoted to a league above for the next UNL, and losers get demoted to league below (seeding is only for the first time). Before UEFA 2020, basically if you haven't qualified through the real qualies, each league holds 1 qualifying spot, and the best performing teams in UNL who didn't qualify through regular qualifiers get a second shot at a UEFA spot in League playoffs.

So you pretty much do the UNL next fall, and after they hold the real qualifiers in 2019, if you still haven't qualified through regular means, you get a second chance if you performed well in UNL.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

We need to use this league to get relegated and get that second place in normal Uefa qualifiers. Relegating gives us a better chance of qualifying to the 2022 world cup where the same format will be applied .
Plako

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:16 am
Plako wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:30 am How does this work?
UEFA Nations League is just foreplay for the real qualifiers, which still hold the great majority of qualifying spots. Real qualies are pushed back to 2019.

There's 4 leagues with 4 groups/league, and each team only faces the 3-4 teams in their league's group. Winners of each group get promoted to a league above for the next UNL, and losers get demoted to league below (seeding is only for the first time). Before UEFA 2020, basically if you haven't qualified through the real qualies, each league holds 1 qualifying spot, and the best performing teams in UNL who didn't qualify through regular qualifiers get a second shot at a UEFA spot in League playoffs.

So you pretty much do the UNL next fall, and after they hold the real qualifiers in 2019, if you still haven't qualified through regular means, you get a second chance if you performed well in UNL.
Thanks for the explanation. Looking forward to playing Greece and Serbia. :gezuar:
Simboli i Diellit

Quite surprised from Azerbaigian 0-0 Kosova . Not from the result but from the fact that Kosova had 0 shots on target . I think the Swiss coach isn’t good for them. Hopefully they’ll switch to De Biasi by Euro 2020 qualifiers :P
Simboli i Diellit

gldKyaqahs0
Plako

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:24 pm Quite surprised from Azerbaigian 0-0 Kosova . Not from the result but from the fact that Kosova had 0 shots on target . I think the Swiss coach isn’t good for them. Hopefully they’ll switch to De Biasi by Euro 2020 qualifiers :P
I really hope they pick Ganiu and he benches Shala and Rashica :)
artan

Kosova should be beating Azerbaijan but it's not the worst result when Azerbaijan is one of the better teams in that pot.

BTW, why is Shala playing as a central midfielder lol?
Aurora Bulkualis

I watched the Scotland match from the start, and yeah that was 100% Panucci's fault. We always choke on the assist/scoring, but here we were failing at the build up. Apart from Lilaj, no one was contributing consistently to the build up. The formation was FINE though, it was just the players were doing nothing to build up. Memushaj was a winger (tf?), Balaj/Gavazaj/Ndoj invisible, Xhaka is a destroyer.

The main problem with Panucci is he tinkers with what's working, and doesn't touch what's not working. That's worrying. As soon as he goes back to a back 5, we concede a goal. Our defence was actually doing OK, and he tinkered with it. Basha/Hyka were doing good at building up, and he tinkers and subs them out.
  • Information