Road to France Euro 2016 : Albania

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Will we finally qualify for the very first time in an European final?

Yes
59%
No
41%

Total votes: 32
Admin
Site Admin
Team: Albania

We finally reached our usual keypoint break or win match against Armenia. Winning this match puts us in a very comfortable position to at least reach playoffs.
Last edited by Admin on Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Remove sticky
Edhe nana kur lind fmi
Si do për vete po për Shqipni ...
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Next matches after two months vs France and Bulgary. De Biasi could use them to consolidate the lineup, we need another CB, both Mavraj and Cana have yellow cards plus injuries. Wouldn't like to find ourselfes vs Serbia with Curri as CB. L.Sadiku and GymCity could be aproached this time. Bulgary could be the perfect match to give a try to Donis Avdijaj also.
Funky Ben

If we dont get at least 3rd place then its an utter disaster. I mean we can pretty much assume Serbia and Armenia are eliminated.

I think we should aim for 2nd though. A win at home to Serbia and away to Armenia, plus a draw against either Denmark or Portugal would take us at 14 points which should be good for second.
Dallku

I think we're gonna lose in the playoffs. A lot of strong teams fighting for that 3rd spot like Holland
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

I find it humorous that bookies are still giving Serbia better odds over Albania for finish 2nd. Not qualifying, but finish 2nd.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Minotti

I honestly expect a total choke job very soon. Wouldnt surprise me one bit if we somehow ended up on equal or worse Points than servia...
vata10

Agree man, all this euphoria and the most difficult matches of the qualifications campaign are yet to be played.
Shpati
Team: Albania, New York Mets, New York Giants, Liverpool F.C.

Minotti wrote:I honestly expect a total choke job very soon. Wouldnt surprise me one bit if we somehow ended up on equal or worse Points than servia...
agreed. People are getting ahead of themselves. It's very possible to even fck up third.

We are only 2 wins ahead of Serbia. We lose to Denmark and Portugal, lose to Serbia at home, and only get 1 point in the Armenia away, Serbia can finish ahead of us easily.

We usually do something like this in the 2nd half of qualification: DLLLD. Except this time, we don't have a pot 5 team like Cyprus.

This is where we find the true determination of the team and the coaching job of de biasi.
NYVirus
Team: Arsenal; Skenderbeu; New York Mets

Shpati wrote:
Minotti wrote:I honestly expect a total choke job very soon. Wouldnt surprise me one bit if we somehow ended up on equal or worse Points than servia...
agreed. People are getting ahead of themselves. It's very possible to even fck up third.

We are only 2 wins ahead of Serbia. We lose to Denmark and Portugal, lose to Serbia at home, and only get 1 point in the Armenia away, Serbia can finish ahead of us easily.

We usually do something like this in the 2nd half of qualification: DLLLD. Except this time, we don't have a pot 5 team like Cyprus.

This is where we find the true determination of the team and the coaching job of de biasi.
To be fair, we have never been in this position before... Perhaps being so close to the goal will keep our guys focused this time around.
Shpati
Team: Albania, New York Mets, New York Giants, Liverpool F.C.

NYVirus wrote:
Shpati wrote:

To be fair, we have never been in this position before... Perhaps being so close to the goal will keep our guys focused this time around.
Another good way to stay focused is to start using new players.

This is where I think Gashi will come into play.

We sort of saw it last time with Rama qualification with Rama, but he just wasn't enough.
  • Information