Road to France Euro 2016 : Albania

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Will we finally qualify for the very first time in an European final?

Yes
59%
No
41%

Total votes: 32
Shpati
Team: Albania, New York Mets, New York Giants, Liverpool F.C.

Albo_eagle wrote:
Serbia Away- Serbia dominating the first 30 minutes before the game is called off. We get awarded a HUGE 3 points. Lucky.
What game were you watching? No way Serbia was dominating those 30 minutes. The first 10 minutes, yes. But after that it was pretty even with us having two of the best chances.
Albo_eagle

Shpati wrote:
Albo_eagle wrote:
Serbia Away- Serbia dominating the first 30 minutes before the game is called off. We get awarded a HUGE 3 points. Lucky.
What game were you watching? No way Serbia was dominating those 30 minutes. The first 10 minutes, yes. But after that it was pretty even with us having two of the best chances.
Yes they dominated the opening 10-15 minutes of a 40 minute game, which is quite a big chunk. After you are correct it became more even but i am quite sure it wouldn't be much longer until they began to dominate again. They completed 148 passes to our 98, which is an extra 50, and if i remember correctly there was one chance where someone missed an absolute sitter.
Shpati
Team: Albania, New York Mets, New York Giants, Liverpool F.C.

Even their "domination" in the beggining was jus possession anyway. They didn't do anything with it.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Serbia didnt manage a single shot on target that entire half, while we had at least 2. I agree that we didnt earn that 3 points though (not saying we couldnt earn it, but to properly earn you need to play 90 mins and win)
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Dallku

Albanian newspapers say that there is indeed a conflict between kace and De Biasi and Kace almost pulled a Meha and left after the Denmark game but Duka stopped him.

Can't blame Kace for one bit. Must be torture having some donkeys who struggle to make the most basic pass get picked over you.
Plako
Team: Partizani

Dallku wrote:Can't blame Kace for one bit. Must be torture having some donkeys who struggle to make the most basic pass get picked over you.
Why is Kace not to blame? This is a team game and the coach's job is to select the best team possible not the best individual players. It's why the likes of Nasri do not get called up for the World Cup despite their talent. Coaches pull this kind of shit all the time (Klinsman left Donovan out and brought in Wondolowski) but in the end it's the coach's call and you gotta prove yourself to him. You think Kace will get picked now by GDB? He's pretty much done.
artan

Plako wrote:
Dallku wrote:Can't blame Kace for one bit. Must be torture having some donkeys who struggle to make the most basic pass get picked over you.
Why is Kace not to blame? This is a team game and the coach's job is to select the best team possible not the best individual players. It's why the likes of Nasri do not get called up for the World Cup despite their talent. Coaches pull this kind of shit all the time (Klinsman left Donovan out and brought in Wondolowski) but in the end it's the coach's call and you gotta prove yourself to him. You think Kace will get picked now by GDB? He's pretty much done.
While Kace should be starting he shouldn't be pulling off immature acts like the one he alledgedly done. You can't blackmail yourself into the starting eleven and that's only reserved for the world class caliber players.

But I don't think he's done because DB in the past dropped/bench Gashi(when he was in good form) and now he's starting him when his club form isn't too well. I don't think there was a conflict between them but I'm sure there was some hostility. And if Xhaka can be our most influential player after the whole conflict between FSHF(Duka) and his family than there's hope for Kace.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

De Biasi is a fucking idiot. I'd rather have Jupi coach us with Kace in the field, then DB playing anti-footballers, who only manage to get 1 shot on target the entire game, and it's a deflection.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Albanian Damien
Team: Kuq E Zi

Aurora Bulkualis wrote:De Biasi is a fucking idiot. I'd rather have Jupi coach us with Kace in the field, then DB playing anti-footballers, who only manage to get 1 shot on target the entire game, and it's a deflection.
I disagree. I don't think it's the philosophy that's not working I think its the fact the players aren't following it correctly. One thing I've noticed these last two games is that the team will play perfect defense to get a stop and then just pass it amongst each other or back to Berisha to set up the offense. That's the wrong way. Now if Di Biasi is the one telling them to do that then I agree 100% to get rid of him. However, it seems as if the players have forgotten that the reason you're supposed to play defense so hard is because it is supposed to initiate a counter attack once you've sucked all the opposing players onto your side of the pitch. A quick through ball and you have the opposing defenders on their heels. That's how we played in the first few games but it's been absolutely absent in the last two. So, I'm not sure who to assign blame to.
Dallku

Albanian Damien wrote: So, I'm not sure who to assign blame to.
It feels like these guys don't practice in training on what to do when they have possession. Wouldn't be surprised if that's the case considering De Biasi is a defensive extremist and gives the impression that that's the only thing he cares about. Even Cikalleshi after the game said that his main assignment was to defend the Portuguese defenders from going forward....! :lol:

Considering that defense is such a major priority the players panic when they have the ball on their feet and seem unsure on what to do with it. But IMO it also has a lot to do with the individual quality of certain players. For example someone like Basha doesn't really panic.. He will lift his head and pick a pass as opposed to Abrashi who will shit his pants and either pass it back to the defense or hoof it to no man's land.

The chemistry is pretty bad though. It's a combination of tactics, individual (lack of) talent and lack of confidence in themselves and their teammates.

I watched Armenia vs Denmark and holy crap Armenia was the exact opposite of Albania in terms of passing, movement, chemistry.. they looked like a mini Spain.
  • Information