Road to France Euro 2016 : Albania

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Will we finally qualify for the very first time in an European final?

Yes
59%
No
41%

Total votes: 32
Shpati
Team: Albania, New York Mets, New York Giants, Liverpool F.C.

I hope that's not true about Kace. I know it maybe frustrating, but other players on this team have been through more frustration. Kace may just think he was walking out on De Biasi, but he's walking out on his teammates too, which isn't a good thing to do and cause a rift.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Plako, I dont know why setting up simple counters is such a big deal. We need someone to start it off by giving a good pass to wingers (Kace), a fast winger who can run with the ball (Roshi), and a target man with a strong shot to pass to (Balaj or whoever).

This is shit countries like Estonia and Cyprus have gotten right. Were not playing tiki taka. We simply cant defend for 90 minutes without providing some type of offensive threat. Its not a long term plan and sooner or later its gonna crumble. Once our motivation goes away, we're gonna become worse than Armenia.

P.S. In Portugal and France, we OFFERED a countering threat. Thats how we won against them. In the last 2 games, we offered absolutely nothing.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Dallku

The best games we've played this year were both France games. Against a strong opponent the team showed tremendous personality and deserved to win both games. That's how I want Albania to play plako. It really doesn't take some special talent, just simple stuff.. solid/organized defense, midfielders who are NOT AFRAID of the ball/ask for the ball and then quick counters so you can catch the opponent off guard. You can't just give the ball right back to the opponent as soon as you get it like Albania has done in the past 2 games. That's beyond amateurish. That's why I want Kace in there.. Basha also provides that but I can understand that Basha is kinda soft defensively. I want faster attackers on the wings, not Gashi because he can't push the team forward when it needs to. Roshi is no worldbeater but he's better than nothing. If Roshi is no good then it's up to De Biasi to find the right fit for the system.. right now he hasn't done it.
Plako
Team: Partizani

Aurora Bulkualis wrote:Plako, I dont know why setting up simple counters is such a big deal. We need someone to start it off by giving a good pass to wingers (Kace), a fast winger who can run with the ball (Roshi), and a target man with a strong shot to pass to (Balaj or whoever).

This is shit countries like Estonia and Cyprus have gotten right. Were not playing tiki taka. We simply cant defend for 90 minutes without providing some type of offensive threat. Its not a long term plan and sooner or later its gonna crumble. Once our motivation goes away, we're gonna become worse than Armenia.

P.S. In Portugal and France, we OFFERED a countering threat. Thats how we won against them. In the last 2 games, we offered absolutely nothing.
I don't think we could have done that in the Portugal game, they had 4 defenders at all times in the back and to me it seemed like their strategy was to sit back and pass the ball to CR who was alone up top. Maybe they were set up that way having been screwed in the first game and didn't wanna take a chance and get burned again. Going into the game Portugal were in the driver's seat so there was no impetus from them to attack nonstop like Denmark did in the second half.

I have to say that in both games we were not getting any calls. Kjaer should have gotten a yellow on his challenge from the back on Cika yet the ref didn't even give a foul in our favor. Roshi getting pushed after Cika his the post could have resulted in a pk as well.
Plako

Dallku wrote:The best games we've played this year were both France games. Against a strong opponent the team showed tremendous personality and deserved to win both games. That's how I want Albania to play plako. It really doesn't take some special talent, just simple stuff.. solid/organized defense, midfielders who are NOT AFRAID of the ball/ask for the ball and then quick counters so you can catch the opponent off guard. You can't just give the ball right back to the opponent as soon as you get it like Albania has done in the past 2 games. That's beyond amateurish. That's why I want Kace in there.. Basha also provides that but I can understand that Basha is kinda soft defensively. I want faster attackers on the wings, not Gashi because he can't push the team forward when it needs to. Roshi is no worldbeater but he's better than nothing. If Roshi is no good then it's up to De Biasi to find the right fit for the system.. right now he hasn't done it.
I think we all want to play that way and to a degree I have to say we have on the defensive side. I think our two second halves vs. Denmark (both at home and away) were the worst performances I've seen in this campaign. I think it has to do with the opponent more than our strategy.
Julz94
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

So louis van gaal has been talking to de biasi. United scored an identical goal to salihi in Norway
Plako

Julz94 wrote:So louis van gaal has been talking to de biasi. United scored an identical goal to salihi in Norway
I still think Salihi's was more impressive. Mindboggling that Blind would be all by himself inside the box.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Never in a million chances our NT will manage to repeat that same goal Salihi scored in Norway, althrough Mavraj was close against France . It was Bulku who passed the ball with the right speed and right force ;)
Most of the teams we face are quite good defending set pieces.
vata10
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Shpati wrote:I hope that's not true about Kace. I know it maybe frustrating, but other players on this team have been through more frustration. Kace may just think he was walking out on De Biasi, but he's walking out on his teammates too, which isn't a good thing to do and cause a rift.
Some things should never go public and this is one of those. They're not keeping things professional at all. U got a digitalb analyst bringing this Kace-Gdb rift exclusively public while backing Gdb's decision to not play Kace.

Coaches come and go a young player like Kace should be protected even if he makes mistakes here and there throughout his journey with the NT.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Kosova will be part of UEFA by march and unlike the previous times it will have to be decided on voting. I'm curious to see how Albania's rooster will change after these qualifiers. By June we will see the real traitor topics being raised again , i doubt Shaqiri, Januzaj, Xhaka jr, and others will switch .
  • Information