Road to France Euro 2016 : Albania

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Will we finally qualify for the very first time in an European final?

Yes
59%
No
41%

Total votes: 32
Dallku

If it's a voting process then Kosovo should be accepted because most of Europe has recognized them as a state. However, it's total bullshit that they will take part in 2018 qualifiers. Not only because the groups are set but also because this is an application for UEFA not FIFA. Just like Gibraltar is part of UEFA and not FIFA so they're only allowed to compete in UEFA qualifiers and not in the FIFA ones like the world cup.

As far as "big name" players I think the Xhaka brothers would switch because they are the only ones who have expressed open desire to do so(well their father at least). Plus they probably want to play together in one team again.
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

Dallku wrote:If it's a voting process then Kosovo should be accepted because most of Europe has recognized them as a state. However, it's total bullshit that they will take part in 2018 qualifiers. Not only because the groups are set but also because this is an application for UEFA not FIFA. Just like Gibraltar is part of UEFA and not FIFA so they're only allowed to compete in UEFA qualifiers and not in the FIFA ones like the world cup.

As far as "big name" players I think the Xhaka brothers would switch because they are the only ones who have expressed open desire to do so(well their father at least). Plus they probably want to play together in one team again.
I hope that none of Albania NT players will join Kosovo but it is guaranteed that at least Granit Xhaka will switch swiss for Kosovo.

Albert Bunjaku dreams about this :
Berisha
Tau.Xhaka Mavraj Sadiku Lenjani
Hetemaj Behrami
Gr.Xhaka
Shaqiri Januzaj
Avdijaj

but he probably will get this :
Ujkani
Hadergjonaj Berisha Rrahmani Sadiku
Hetemaj Gr.Xhaka
Rashica
Bytyqi Celina
Beqiraj
Kuqaloshi maoist
alexissanchezisgod
Team: afc

this shit so wack I dont even wanna see kosova lose 11-0 to germany, being from kosova myself i'd rather have 1 national team, infact If this shit does happen then I wont watch them play cuz the team is gonna be trash.
Genti
Team: Albania & Tirona

Are players like G. Xhaka even allowed to switch NTs?
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

It's weird but I don't even care anymore. I don't know why, but international football for me has almost completely lost its luster. When you compare 2002 World Cup etc... it was so much more exciting. You don't have Ronaldinhos and Zidanes anymore...

The worst part is just when Albania starts to do well that's when I stop caring about int. football.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
NYVirus
Team: Arsenal; Skenderbeu; New York Mets

We're going to France!!! Whooo! (Sorry for the late post on this, I have Internet Explorer lol)
  • Information