Albania vs Ukraine - friendly- 6/3/2018

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:07 pm When Kaçe and Xhaka will get old at 31/32 years old then at 5-6 years from now there will be other midfielders who can take their spots. What worries me more is the fact that our coach is losing the control on the team . He has bad realations with the players. Roshi was one of the guys subbed 2 minutes before half time and he said in his interview that he doesn’t know why the coach does this. On the other hand Sadiku was left home without even saying at him that he’ll be left home and that they consider him for the future.
What's the situation with Xhaka? Ever since that thing where he got sent home he hasn't turned up for NT?
And Panucci didn't play Sadiku for a lot of the WC qualifiers.
Strakosha faking injuries, Roshi mouthing off in media as well. You're right, it seems Panucci doesn't have good relations with the players. However it is early days and maybe he rebuilds them in time for Euro 2020..
Dallku

Manaj is a guy who flopped hard in 2nd division Spain and he was one of Kosovo's best players in that match(although out of position tbf) but I don't like this experiment. Same with Ramadani and Ndoj who look very very far away from NT level. Ramadani wasn't even a guaranteed starter for Partizani.

Players shouldn't get the benefit of the doubt just because of their age. That's bullshit. The NT shouldn't be a development center or an academy. Only the players ready and good enough should play. I don't care if Agolli is 40 years old if he's better than any other LB and instead of the Ramadani/Ndoj amateur you could test other Albanian league players who are way better than them.
Dallku

Well at least they are TRYING in this game. Defense is shaky(especially the left with Veseli)
GaGa

This is ridiculous, Albania needs to revert to its bunker tactics and hit on the counter. f*** playing open football when you have no players to do so.
artan

The backline is so poor but that could be because the midfield keeps them in an island. Veseli has looked so bad for the NT. Roshi is still a terrible crosser. Manaj is just a goon out there, no technical skills what so ever. Might as well try out Abazaj, Guri and Gavazaj.
RedFootballs

GaGa wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:38 pm This is ridiculous, Albania needs to revert to its bunker tactics and hit on the counter. f*** playing open football when you have no players to do so.
We do have players that can carry it out to some extent (memushaj, kace, basha) however for Panucci they are too old and he needs to play shit serie C danish 2nd division rejects for some reason. We can't play completely open football but at least some form of counter if we pick our technical players, a hybrid of defending and attacking at least but needs to be with good players
It's like it was in his job description to keep testing shit players.
I get it's a friendly but what I just saw was abysmal, they were awful out there.
Ramadani NEEDS to go NOW.
And the situation with Xhaka needs to be resolved soon because there is no Abrashi..
Dallku

The effort is very good. The players are running hard. Roshi is in his mood and has been good although not much of an end product. Surprisingly Manaj has been positive. Lilaj, Qaka, and even Ndoj have also been ok on the ball.

Now problem is defensively. Ukraine looks like scoring every time they have the ball. Hysaj seems to be all alone. Djimsiti and Veseli are having a nightmare and Mavraj is clearly out of form which is a problem for us. The midfielders are not helping well defensively either. Tactically the whole team looks bad. They are playing defensively but at the same time leaving open so many holes.
RedFootballs

I don't know what's going on tactically
Dallku

Manaj has actually been ok but since when did he become the man to take the free kicks? Wtf? Lilaj has scored many free kicks for Skenderbeu.
RedFootballs

Panucci the mad scientist lol what's he doing
  • Information