Albanian teams in Europe 2018-2019

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:59 pm

Plako wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:22 am
Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:19 pm How the f do you concede 3 penalties in 50 minutes?
If you bet on the home team winning and 3+ goals it's super easy :)
Lol. Nah Gjici isn't like that. Any time his team doesn't perform he scolds them. Even though his team is shit, he puts expectations on them. He was livid with them drawing 0-0 against that Maltan team, and is angry with them now.

You can't let these teams feel like they can just bungle a game because they're from a poor country/bad league. That's not an excuse when facing teams of similar levels. For being a village with like 12 people, he's done a great job with them. I wish he'd take ahold of a team like Vllaznia or one the Tiranan teams, which have more potential though.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
artan

Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:22 pm

Kukesi didn't bring adequate replacements this year. They probably figured they have the league this year so why spend. They replaced Guri with Plaku, some player from the Romanian league who had like 2 appearances and other Eastern Euro scrubs. They could have gotten past Qarabag if they had a player of Guri's caliber up top.

Like I said before the Superliga took a big step back with Skenderbeu getting dismantled. I figure Partizani will be a mess under Gega (terrible coach), Flamurtari has never achieved anything with Idrizi, Kukesi will continue being Kukesi and the rest of the league is filled with parachute teams. I'm kinda optimistic about KF Tirana and I won't be surprised if Skenderbeu wins the league again. I just don't see any Albanian teams making the EL or CL in the next 2-3 years, especially with the new format. Albanian teams don't have the discipline and experience to compete against the other experienced teams in Europe. It took Skenderbeu like 5 years of getting knocked out to finally make it.

The superliga needs a plan and vision. Duka has failed the league significantly and has turned a blind eye to the mismanagement and corruption. that is rampant in Albanian football.
Aurora Bulkualis

Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:08 pm

Kukesi is just...pure garbage. Total amateurs. For their own sake, they shouldn't have let Guri go.

Apparently Georgia on purpose fucked with the visa of some players, so they had to shift players around to make up for it. And from that exact place they conceded 3 goals. What a fucking joke EL is. How does UEFA let this happen? :roll:
artan

Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:36 am

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:08 pm Kukesi is just...pure garbage. Total amateurs. For their own sake, they shouldn't have let Guri go.

Apparently Georgia on purpose fucked with the visa of some players, so they had to shift players around to make up for it. And from that exact place they conceded 3 goals. What a fucking joke EL is. How does UEFA let this happen? :roll:
That sounds extremely scandalous to me. It's already difficult to play in random countries like Georgia and then to go through that shit? This is as bad as match fixing to me.
Aurora Bulkualis

Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:42 am

artan wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:36 am
Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:08 pm Kukesi is just...pure garbage. Total amateurs. For their own sake, they shouldn't have let Guri go.

That sounds extremely scandalous to me. It's already difficult to play in random countries like Georgia and then to go through that shit? This is as bad as match fixing to me.
I noticed that their LB was starting at CB, but didn't make much of it. Anyhow, UEFA doesn't give a shit about EL so nothing will happen.

Kukesi should have just refused to play. Instead they went ahead like idiots and got slaughtered, before even making it home, to another shit team nonetheless.
Pjetër
Has thanked: 0

Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:38 pm

What a strike.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:38 pm

Kukesi win the second leg 2-0, lose 5-4 on aggregate.
Really unfortunate that we have to go out this way based on a first leg where the Georgians fucked around with visas and somehow fluked a 5-2 win out of a Kukesi side that looked so bad that they could have been fixing the game for all we know.
Reginaldo with 2 great penalties. He did very well with getting them, good with drawing fouls out of poor defenders then converting the penalty, however the second one did look like good acting.
Some players looked decent, Maliqi didn't seem too bad. Roumpoulakos 'Rrummulaku' with a nice touch here and there.
Kukesi are still bad but they looked better, even though no goals from open play.
Aurora Bulkualis

Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:13 pm

Kukesi 1 goal away from winning at home and still couldn't pull the trigger. Lol.
Pjetër
Has thanked: 0

Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:35 pm

ESPN app is telling me Shkendija missed two penalties. Please tell me this isn’t true.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:40 am

Yes they lost two pks . On other news Luxembourg has a team in EL groups LOL same team that beat Kosova’s champion Drita and then Legia Varsavia and Cluj...
  • Information