Albanian teams in Europe 2018-2019

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Qarabaq-Kukesi will be facing Bate (Belarussian) or the Finlandese HJK to reach the Champions League playoffs (guaranteed Europa League groups).
Simboli i Diellit

Kukesi will have Zguro and Reginaldo back for the away game.
Dallku

Thankfully Qarabag is a very poor man's Barcelona wannabes. They just keep possession and do nothing with it. They looked like a no threat at all despite having like 80% of possession. If Kukesi has a little discipline they can take this to penalties in game 2.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

0-0 is a decent result. It means no away goals, so even with a tie they can go through. That's what they did with that Maltan team.

Though they need at least 1 goal, and I'm not sure this team is capable of scoring goals. Plaku has European scoring experience with Skenderbeu, but he might be too old, and doesn't get enough service.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Simboli i Diellit

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:44 pm 0-0 is a decent result. It means no away goals, so even with a tie they can go through. That's what they did with that Maltan team.

Though they need at least 1 goal, and I'm not sure this team is capable of scoring goals. Plaku has European scoring experience with Skenderbeu, but he might be too old, and doesn't get enough service.
That Reginaldo guy they’ve been waiting for has scored plenty of goals in superliga.

Seems better than Plaku.

https://it.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reginaldo_Faife
artan

I was able to watch most of the Kukesi game today as background noise at work today. Kukesi are pretty good defensively (expected since they bunkered) and Albi Alla looked pretty good. The Azerbaijan team never looked threatening even if they controlled possession, like Dalku said they're a wannabe Barcelona. Kukesi offensively are just poor and their midfield provides no service what so ever. I thought that Kosovar player Mussolini (w/e his name was) was poor offensively especially. I didn't think Plaku was that bad because he does a good job at running the channels and beating the backline but on a team like Kukesi that won't work. I think they're better off playing with a pacey winger on one of the sides to try and expose the Azerbaijani team on the counter. Kukesi's coach seems to be okay as well, you can tell because they keep a good shape defensively and don't crack under pressure.

Also Shkendija won 1 - 0 at home against that Moldovan team (Sherrif). They just need a draw to go through. They're doing this without Ferhan Hasani which is even more impressive. Lets hope Shkendija advances because unlike Skenderbeu they actually produce some youth players (might pay dividends to our NT down the road).
Simboli i Diellit

Shkendija made it to the third CHL round. They’ll face Salzburg who reached third place in EL last season.
Plako
Team: Partizani

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:41 pm Shkendija made it to the third CHL round. They’ll face Salzburg who reached third place in EL last season.

Huge result for them. Salzburg's gonna be really tough to beat but this is something they can build on. We have a team to replace Skenderbeu in Europe now.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Kukesi can still make it to EL playoffs if they lose to Qarabag, as 3rd round team in EL would be some Georgian team. But I think the best route would be if they squeeze a 1-1 draw here, beat Bate/Finnish team in 3rd round of CL instead, and qualify directly from failing CL playoffs.

As for Shkendija, they still have a chance in EL playoffs. I don't think they're making it past Salzburg in CL.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Dallku

Can't get aboard the Shkendija bandwagon. They represent Macedonia. All the points and wins they get contributes to Macedonian football and their NT.

Kukesi is still alive. Qarabag is completely impotent but Kukesi will have to be focused and not beat themselves. Can't see Kukesi scoring but they can take it to penalties.

Shame that Kukesi's team is so bad. I think Skenderbeu would've advanced over Qarabag.
  • Information