Albanian teams in Europe 2018-2019

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

artan

Pjetër wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:35 pm ESPN app is telling me Shkendija missed two penalties. Please tell me this isn’t true.
Lol, such an Albanian thing to do.. And guess what? They only needed two goals to advance. They also gave up some crazy goal in the first leg. The rosenberg attacker chipped the keeper from like 30 meters out.

Albanian teams are just mentally weak and fragile. No discipline what so ever. They always crumble under some type of adversity and pressure. That's why Skenderbeu's 1-1 (or w/e score it was) aggregate score over Dinamo Zagreb to advance to the EL last year was a once in a lifetime kind of thing for Albanian teams. That's why I also respect the shit out of Di Biasi because there was a stretch for one year where we were mentally strong and well disciplined.

I will also give Shkendija some benefit of the doubt since it took like Skenderbeu like 5 years of constantly getting knocked out before they finally advanced. It's tough making the Europa League and you really need players that are tested and have experience.

BTW, some team from Luxembourg qualified. They trashed on some Romanian team to go through. I think they knocked out one of the Kosovar teams the first round as well.
Princ

artan wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:45 am
Pjetër wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:35 pm ESPN app is telling me Shkendija missed two penalties. Please tell me this isn’t true.
Lol, such an Albanian thing to do.. And guess what? They only needed two goals to advance. They also gave up some crazy goal in the first leg. The rosenberg attacker chipped the keeper from like 30 meters out.

Albanian teams are just mentally weak and fragile. No discipline what so ever. They always crumble under some type of adversity and pressure. That's why Skenderbeu's 1-1 (or w/e score it was) aggregate score over Dinamo Zagreb to advance to the EL last year was a once in a lifetime kind of thing for Albanian teams. That's why I also respect the shit out of Di Biasi because there was a stretch for one year where we were mentally strong and well disciplined.

I will also give Shkendija some benefit of the doubt since it took like Skenderbeu like 5 years of constantly getting knocked out before they finally advanced. It's tough making the Europa League and you really need players that are tested and have experience.

BTW, some team from Luxembourg qualified. They trashed on some Romanian team to go through. I think they knocked out one of the Kosovar teams the first round as well.
I feel that skenderbeu would have continued to have success if not for the ban but now it’s back to looking like “once in a lifetime”
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

It takes time to build a strong mentality. It's not just cause they're Albanian or whatever. Let's remember Skenderbeu already made it to the Champions League play offs and faced Dinamo Zagreb there, and played in the Europa League stages before. Before that they'd been to EL playoffs another time as well. If those didn't happen, I doubt they would have pulled it off.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Dallku

Yeah. Sometimes you could move into big things straight away but in most cases you gotta do it step by step. That's how strong mentality and professionalism is built. You have to fail in order to succeed. It's like checkpoints in video games. You manage to go to one and you know what it's like. Then you move on to the next.

Problem with Albanian teams (except Skenderbeu) is that they don't seem to even want to have success. They rebuilt their teams from scratch every season. Kukesi changes coaches every month. It's a joke.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Here's a clip of Flamurtari against Barcelona in the late 80s (The sequence was longer, but gif was limited to 10 seconds)

Just goes to show how much these teams regressed over time. Now top Albanian teams struggle to score a goal in Superliga.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
  • Information