Discussion: New Lineup under Reja? Formation/new callups

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

artan

Dallku wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:30 pm
Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:39 am Didn't even realize this game was on. How was Reja?
De Biasi on steroids. Long balls to Cikalleshi and Balaj and expecting miracle crosses by the fullbacks. Playing like that against Iceland is a lost cause. Battle in the air is what they thrive at. They won pretty much every single duel.

This qualifying campaign is over and Turkey's victory against France sealed it. I guess it can be used as a testing period for Reja.

This 5 in the back bullshit has to stop. Albania doesn't have the wing backs to play like that.
The wingbacks weren't the problem imo. Lenjani played well and Hysaj was okay. Left wing back is a position that suits Lenjani well and it's better than having Binaku or someone else play LB.

The problem is our central defenders and Berisha are amateurish. Dermaku straight up got turned and Berisha can't stop shots anymore. That and the two strikers is useless as strikers are our worst position (Balaj is useless) and we don't have the midfield to feed the strikers. So essentially we ain't gonna create any chances what so ever and we'll leak in a goal due to an error or blunder.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

I always saw Dermaku as a sub but that fact that he is playing ahead of Ajeti means Ajeti’s fit is beyond shit . Djimsiti , Ismaili and the old Mavraj can be an ok trio of the last one gets close to half of the player he used to be. In goalie we need Strakosha, Berisha’s time is over . He lost his place at Atalanta because he was leaking too many goals per shot. He hasn’t been that great for the national team either. Used to be an affidable gk making 3-4 great saves per game which helped a lot for the last qualifiers . Manaj and Sadiku must be the starting strikers. I’d give to Bare another shot in Midfield.
artan

Ajeti is a lost cause, we should just write him off altogether. I think Kumbulla will be more than capable of replacing Ajeti soon. I like the trio of Gym, Veseli and Ismajli at CB. Gym and Veseli are okay passers from the back (which is needed for a 3 CB formation) and Ismajli is an enforcer in the mold of Cana. It could be a strength going forward tbh. I wouldn't mind Hysaj as a CB in a 3 trio formation too since one of his best skill is tracking back and can help defend counters. Hysaj isn't an offensive right back but at CB he'd have more than enough technical skills there and can help us out offensively since our midfield has no technical ability what so ever. Alot of teams that play with 3 CB's insert a full back in one of the spots.Then we can get an more offensive RWB to give us width like Balliu, Roshi or even Uzuini.

I'm just afraid Balaj will keep on starting, one of the most useless strikers we've had. Sadiku is a must as he is the only forward we have that doesn't need the ball served to him perfectly to score. Manaj doesn't have much technical ability but he's a pitbull and his hold up play is decent, him and Sadiku would be okay pairing. Maybe even Uzini as a forward too, just have him run like crazy.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

artan wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:49 pm Ajeti is a lost cause, we should just write him off altogether. I think Kumbulla will be more than capable of replacing Ajeti soon. I like the trio of Gym, Veseli and Ismajli at CB. Gym and Veseli are okay passers from the back (which is needed for a 3 CB formation) and Ismajli is an enforcer in the mold of Cana. It could be a strength going forward tbh. I wouldn't mind Hysaj as a CB in a 3 trio formation too since one of his best skill is tracking back and can help defend counters. Hysaj isn't an offensive right back but at CB he'd have more than enough technical skills there and can help us out offensively since our midfield has no technical ability what so ever. Alot of teams that play with 3 CB's insert a full back in one of the spots.Then we can get an more offensive RWB to give us width like Balliu, Roshi or even Uzuini.

I'm just afraid Balaj will keep on starting, one of the most useless strikers we've had. Sadiku is a must as he is the only forward we have that doesn't need the ball served to him perfectly to score. Manaj doesn't have much technical ability but he's a pitbull and his hold up play is decent, him and Sadiku would be okay pairing. Maybe even Uzini as a forward too, just have him run like crazy.
I don't even watch games anymore. I just read artan's recaps :D Sadly, I agree on Ajeti. I've been thinking that for a while.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
  • Information