Discussion: New Lineup under Reja? Formation/new callups

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Princ wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:44 pm Dermaku sja vlen as per dreqin...ishalla hera e fundit ja shofim bojen n kombetare. Bashk me te edhe balajn e berishen
jan te gjitha mut, dermaku nuk ka me luaj prape per komben
Genti
Team: Albania & Tirona

Replace Dermaku with literally anyone else. Never start/play Balaj again, and always have Roshi playing on the wing with a playmaker in midfield like kace.
artan

I would play Hysaj as CB in Reja's system. In this sytem the wingbacks really need to be able to cross and be decent offensively, Hysaj just isn't that. Either start Roshi or Balliu as RWB. If Reja still wants to play two strikers make it Sadiku and Manaj, or even give Seferi a chance. I liked Kace today because he tried to do something offensively, same with Ndoj.

Xhaka has been a pitbull for the NT over the years but I think it's time we test other players in his position.

-----------Sadiku--Manaj (Seferi)
---------Ndoj-----------Bare (Kace)
-----------------Abrashi
Lenjani----------------------Roshi(Balliu)
------Ismajli-Gymcity-Hysaj
--------------Strakosha

I would like this going forward. But it's probably too late for this campaign.
Princ

Hysaj cannot play in the middle. He lacks the size and strength. He’s a full back nothing else.. the 3-5-2 clearly doesn’t suit us we need to go back to the 4-5-1

Strakosha
Hysaj djimstii ismaijli veseli
Abrashi- kace-Xhaka
Roshi- (cika/sadiku)-grezda

With this line we have a chance to score while also being solid defensively. Mihaj can be our one sub for the defense, basha the sub in midfield due to his age
Deni

Turkey won against France 2-0 today to go on top with 9 points. This group is already over if Turkey against a result against Iceland on Tuesday, it would be Turkey and France taking first and second place since finishing third doesn't give you a playoff spot anymore like last Euros. And lets be realistic we are not going to pick up any points against the world cup champs this isn't the France we played 4-5 years ago, Mbappe and Griezmann are going to make minced meat out of this defense lol.
Deni

This team is depressing to watch and I don't get the hype around our defense honestly its suppose to be our strongest point yet we conceded 20 goals in our last 12 games and only scored 4 not including that bullshit Andorra match.
artan

Deni wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:15 am This team is depressing to watch and I don't get the hype around our defense honestly its suppose to be our strongest point yet we conceded 20 goals in our last 12 games and only scored 4 not including that bullshit Andorra match.
Our defense hasn't been good since 2015. Every game we make a mistake or blunder, every single game.

I guess the difference is back then we had a system in place that suited our players strengths. A system that doesnt require any technical ability at all but just pure determination and effort. A system were guys like Lila, Abrashi, Xhaka, Lenjani (albeit some technical), Roshi, etc, can look okay in because those guys play with alot of passion and energy. They were able to press like crazy and keep the backline relatively clean. And at that time we had Mavraj and Cana who were both veterans, Mavraj may have been only a fringe bundesliga starter but the quality was always there from him and Cana was always the heart and spirit of the national team (even if he had the occasional blunder). Berisha was also in good form at the time and saved us many points that campaign cycle, now everything goes through him. Berisha four years ago would have made that save, even if the goal was more of Dermaku's fault. And who knows maybe Kukeli was the most underrated player of them all because we still haven't found a replacement for him.

I'm just more disappointed that we're still seeing guys like Balaj, Basha and Cika still play. With the exception of Cika, these guys have been starting regularly over the years and they haven't done anything. We know Balaj is useless but yet they still trout him out there like he's gonna somehow luck into poaching a goal. The dude also had the nerve to say he needed more crosses. If Balaj never scored that Portugal goal he would have been dropped from the NT 3 years ago.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Didn't even realize this game was on. How was Reja?
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Dallku

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:39 am Didn't even realize this game was on. How was Reja?
De Biasi on steroids. Long balls to Cikalleshi and Balaj and expecting miracle crosses by the fullbacks. Playing like that against Iceland is a lost cause. Battle in the air is what they thrive at. They won pretty much every single duel.

This qualifying campaign is over and Turkey's victory against France sealed it. I guess it can be used as a testing period for Reja.

This 5 in the back bullshit has to stop. Albania doesn't have the wing backs to play like that.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

This team's pretty much dead. We went from B/C level players to D level players. If we combined our roster with Kosova at least we would have the squad depth to pick in-form average/mediocre players.

I guess we should just be happy with 2016, and wrap it up. I don't see us doing anything for the next 5-10 years. Only thing I'm looking forward to is the new stadium.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
  • Information