Discussion: New Lineup under Reja? Formation/new callups

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

artan

Princ wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 1:59 am
artan wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 12:52 am
Princ wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 10:03 pm

I agree Ramadani dermaku qose balaj are not nt level .. the problem is there is no good talent to call anymore..the diaspora kosovars have us as their fourth option behind the diaspora country, kosovo and serbia. They are not coming anymore, it has nothing to do with us not calling them..this is why our future looks so bad and as for Roshi he’s our best attacking player everytime he plays...rexhbecaj muslija shabani toma or whoever other kosovar diaspora ur thinking of, we will not see even in our dreams play for us.. but hey at least he sent telushi back home
There are Albanian players from Macedonia like Nedim Bajrami who can't represent Kosova, several players in the diaspora set up are originated from Macedonia. And most players won't care if it's Kosova or Albania, thy will select the team that gives them the best option to play and the best for their career. Look at Ardijan Ismajli and Dermaku who switched over to us after not being after to feature for Kosova. It's as simple as that.

Even if they don't call up diaspora players the NT needs new players and competition. Call up players like Jasir Asani, Endri Cekici, Keidi Bare, even Taulant Seferi, etc. Someone like Jasir Asani probably will sign for a team in Turkey this summer and all of a sudden he'd be called up (like what happened to Uzuni) or worst of all we might lose him cause the FSHF are ignoring him. These guys aren't world beaters but I know I've watched Balaj and Cikaleshi not being able to score a non penalty goal for the NT for like 5 years now, when are we gonna just give up on these guys. Same with Ramdani, Basha, Binaku, Ajeti as well. Roshi shouldn't have been called up either because he's out of form and has barely played this year.

And that's a cheap shot calling Serbia their country.

I agree about the Macedonians I think we need to focus more on Macedonians because the kosovars are not coming anymore.. but the names you mention asani seferi are in the same group as the ramadanis too lol for the serbia comment arton zekaj just Left serbia to join kosovo. When someone mentions serbia it’s a cheap shot but when people throw insults to player like mihaj about greece it’s fair?
I don't remember one player of Albanian origin ever playing for Serbia.. We have Beqiraj and that one other guy Basha (who fully slavicized himself) playing for montenegro and they get openly mocked by us. Even guys like Adem Ljajic and Miralem Sulejmani get mocked by us for playing for Serbia and they ain't even Albanian.

As for Mihaj the reason I dislike him is that after a year playing for us he stated that he regretted playing for Albania, it's like bruh you can't even fake it? For some reason Albanians living in Greece tend to be some of the most anti-Albanian people in general.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

We have such a fucking inferiority complex as a nation in general. Who's to say we couldn't sway some of the prospects Princ mentioned? Kosova seem to have no trouble doing it and have assembled a squad which features talents that some of us are begging for now.

Albania got too hyped during the Euros and started to think we were the shit because we've been bad for so many years but life doesn't work like that. You have to work hard to keep something up in most cases but Albania and the FSHF clearly didn't know it..
RedFootballs

On a more productive note, we should make a play for Daniel Caligiuri (Arberesh). He is nearly 32 and hasn't even received a shirt number for Italy. This is the perfect time to call him up.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

RedFootballs wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 10:44 am On a more productive note, we should make a play for Daniel Caligiuri (Arberesh). He is nearly 32 and hasn't even received a shirt number for Italy. This is the perfect time to call him up.
Then let’s make him an offer he cannot refuse !
Take him and his brother .
RedFootballs

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 1:21 pm
RedFootballs wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 10:44 am On a more productive note, we should make a play for Daniel Caligiuri (Arberesh). He is nearly 32 and hasn't even received a shirt number for Italy. This is the perfect time to call him up.
Then let’s make him an offer he cannot refuse !
Take him and his brother .
Open the Twitter DM Balliu-style. We already got one regular who didn't even know they were Albanian playing for our NT so let's do the same for this guy.
Princ

RedFootballs wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 10:39 am We have such a fucking inferiority complex as a nation in general. Who's to say we couldn't sway some of the prospects Princ mentioned? Kosova seem to have no trouble doing it and have assembled a squad which features talents that some of us are begging for now.

Albania got too hyped during the Euros and started to think we were the shit because we've been bad for so many years but life doesn't work like that. You have to work hard to keep something up in most cases but Albania and the FSHF clearly didn't know it..
It has nothing to do with inferiority complex m8 it’s all about what history has shown us until now
artan

Princ wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 9:45 pm
RedFootballs wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 10:39 am We have such a fucking inferiority complex as a nation in general. Who's to say we couldn't sway some of the prospects Princ mentioned? Kosova seem to have no trouble doing it and have assembled a squad which features talents that some of us are begging for now.

It has nothing to do with inferiority complex m8 it’s all about what history has shown us until now
History has shown the NT being composed mainly of Kosovar diaspora players. History has also shown no Albanian players from Greece (with the exception of Mihaj and Kace) ever playing for Albania. And the one player that did (Kace) got fucked over by Greek clubs because of it and was even suspended for half a season.

It's not even a debate. Albanian diaspora in Greece deny their Albanian identity because of Greek racism and assimilation. Yet you keep defending Greece lol.
Princ

artan wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 2:04 am
Princ wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 9:45 pm

History has shown the NT being composed mainly of Kosovar diaspora players. History has also shown no Albanian players from Greece (with the exception of Mihaj and Kace) ever playing for Albania. And the one player that did (Kace) got fucked over by Greek clubs because of it and was even suspended for half a season.

It's not even a debate. Albanian diaspora in Greece deny their Albanian identity because of Greek racism and assimilation. Yet you keep defending Greece lol.
You know what history has shown? Starting from xhaka shaqiri vberisha loret sadiku januzaj zhegrova even mavraj have all taken the piss out of our federation.. how many more until you learn? idk any “greeks” (other than only one durmishaj) who have done that... even ninis always said he wanted to play for greece he never took the piss...and when did I defend greece? I’m only defending mihajs honesty, he’s not some fake kosovar who is a big patriot at age 25 when nobody wants to take them in anymore. Let me tell you something else too, choosing albania when you grow up and play in Greece has way bigger career implications than if ur from Switzerland or Norway for example..

And also about history showing kosovar diaspora making up most of our nt, that was before kosovo became its own team and all we had to compete with was the diaspora countries that were already full of talent most of the time... which left the 25 yr old leftovers for us(the last option). Now those players will all go to kosovo too which leaves us with the third tier kosovar leftovers(dermaku) not even second tier like before
RedFootballs

Been doing a little family tree scouring and I have come up with these names for potential call-up :
Luca Rizzo
Giuseppe Bellusci
I believe both are Arbereshe
  • Information